Assassin8813

Tents disappear on server restart

Please post if you have had this happen to you recently.

I have been playing DayZ for quite a while, and I had three tents stashed with some of the best weapons and gear in the game, including Ghillies, NVG's (multiple), M104, Bizon SD, and so on.

With the update 1.7.5.1, every tent on the server has disappeared with each server restart. This problem is recurring as I have seen it happen today as well as yesterday. I know this hasn't affected my tent only, because I've gone to several other locations that I know have had tents and there was nothing.

Is it the server that I play on, or is the new update simply fucking me in the asshole with every server restart, because this problem never happened before the update. Please respond for either or.

Regards,

Assassin8813

BTW: my server is US 312 Phoenix, IP 69.64.95.111:2302 if this makes a difference.

• Like 1

<SNIP>

Re-read your post, This is that server admins problem, He needs a new mission file generating, if you can get in contact with him tell him so :), This link should help him

http://www.silentspy...sion-generator/

Edited by Qu1n
  • Like 2

Happened to me after spending 6+ hours making a base by devils castle. logged in to everything gone. Twas wonderful.

However if you load your server to a backup to when the tents were placed you might be able to regain some of your lost items,

Thanks a ton for the help. I'll try and get in touch with the server admin, but I think that everyone in their building is dead, because I've sent over 4 messages to them and never got a reply! LoL, they're probably zombies!!!

Please post if you have had this happen to you recently.

I have been playing DayZ for quite a while, and I had three tents stashed with some of the best weapons and gear in the game, including Ghillies, NVG's (multiple), M104, Bizon SD, and so on.

With the update 1.7.5.1, every tent on the server has disappeared with each server restart. This problem is recurring as I have seen it happen today as well as yesterday. I know this hasn't affected my tent only, because I've gone to several other locations that I know have had tents and there was nothing.

Is it the server that I play on, or is the new update simply fucking me in the asshole with every server restart, because this problem never happened before the update. Please respond for either or.

Regards,

Assassin8813

BTW: my server is US 312 Phoenix, IP 69.64.95.111:2302 if this makes a difference.

Lost 2 tents , both setup since the new patch, all tents setup prior to new patch are still there. I set another up last night, hopefully its still there when i log on tonight....

So will this new patch mean that we have to download the patch again, or update via Commander?

Annoying this! me and my friend set up a base and filled our tent with good loot all gone due to this >:(

• Like 1

Annoying this! me and my friend set up a base and filled our tent with good loot all gone due to this >:(

Yeah, not happy at all, need to be hot fixed ASAP. It never happened pre patch as we had a tent going for a week.

• Like 1

We've experienced the same thing on a private hive since they applied 1.7.5.1. Also, the tents we pitched before the patch keeps resetting at every server restart to the content it had before the patch. I.e. we now basically have an unlimited supply of blood bags, NVGs, SVDs, 240s, etc etc. Anything we put in the tents now just disappears after restart. Completely ruins the gameplay for us who play with a squad and actually maintain basecamps around the map. We have had to resort to putting stuff in vehicles.

Edited by K9us

Well I asked the admin to regen the server mission file which sorted the post patch tents disappearing after restart though my pre patch tents are resetting each restart, which was great to begin with but im getting a bit bored now with my unlimited supply of M4 CCO's, camping tents and camo clothing..

I noticed that I had 14 file faliures when i verified ARAM:OA so Ive fixed them to see if that has had any impact, I'll check when i get home this evening

We have the same problem. For us this is a gamebreaker. We shut down our server until this is fixed. There is no real point

in playing a game like DayZ in "godmode" as soon as you have a tent. How could this be overseen before the patch went live ?^^

btw. if you´re server removes the whole tent, it´s probabely better to keep it that way than to fix and get duping tents instead.

a wild speculations, but to me it looks like you lose ownership of a tent after a restart, because you also can´t pack or sleep in

a tent anymore if this bug kicks in.

Edited by deranger

Yeah, after losing two tents to tree glitches i was pretty disheartened when I logged in to see that my newest tent, placed safely in the open, had simply vanished. :(

I am seeing this as well.

Exact order: place tent. Love life.

Server restarts... tent disappears.

Server restarts again, tent comes back.

Play with tent.

Server restarts, tent disappears.

Restarts again, tent returns.

Find vehicle.

Bring back to my hidey-hole.

Stop playing.

Server restarts.

Vehicle disappears.

Server restarts again, vehicle comes back.

It's almost like I am being messed with, for the sheer LULZ of it all.

Other than that, I like the patch. But DAMN.

I don't understand. People seem to still be playing this game, but I can't see how with this tent bug.

Everything came back last night, and gone again this morning.

Some have reported that it's an errant mission file on the server, other have reported it is just a problem with the version.

Maybe there are some servers out there this isn't happening on? Can someone advise which server they play on that tents work properly on? (current version)

IT happend to me too.

I didn't understand why it's hapenning, untill i read the bug list ...

lost 3 tents full with gear i spent much time to collect all the gear and it's just gone..

They really should fix that, the only way to save gear now is vehicles.

I am scared to even test saving in vehicles, Shoker.

Two servers I was on, vehicles disappeared after restart. Then, returned after subsequent restarts.

So fed up, I went ahead and created a private server so I can actually test and stop guessing.

I am scared to even test saving in vehicles, Shoker.

Two servers I was on, vehicles disappeared after restart. Then, returned after subsequent restarts.

So fed up, I went ahead and created a private server so I can actually test and stop guessing.

Speaking of which, could you please tell me how to create a private server without having to pay $80 a month to some server-hosting company? Because if I could get a server created that still was connected to the hive, then I could stash my good stuff there without having to worry about losing it.

Sending PM but I don't know that my method will create a public hive. And if it did, that would be a no-no... though, under the circumstances, who could blame you?

A public hive will need to be public at all times and can't be locked, etc.

I'll post here on what happens on restart.

Yeah, same here but I'm not surprised. I checked on my tent the next day and thought everything was fine. I played again a day later, no tent. There is no reason to do anything without a base building aspect in the game. Once you have a decent gun and backpack all there is left is to kill other players for no reason at all because even in order to take their stuff I need a place to put it all.

Please fix this, I'm tired of servers blaming the Devs and the Devs blaming the servers.

any news????????

The only fix Iv found is to load up my sons character and keep him on stand by.

Worse thing is ,Iv found "the" spot.No one has found it in over a 30 day period,but only to find its gone..bugger

Do moderators or admins even check these forums? Can someone let us know what the scoop is?

Well, I'm not entirely sure what the problem is, but there clearly is a problem here! So I don't know who to blame here, all I know is that it needs to be fixed before I start playing DayZ, because there's honestly no point to playing when everything you loot DISSAPEARS!!

But nonetheless, I've been trying to set up a private server that people can play on. If ur interested in joining, please let me know and I'll have you whitelisted. I can promise you that server restarts WILL NOT cause vehicles and tents to dissapear.

Regards,

Assassin8813