m3ik0

[GUIDE] How to install BAF and PMC on Windows 8 64bit

Since i had the problem yestarday and i managed to solve it with the help of AmberHelios(Thanks mate) and BIs forums i thought to make a guide for anyone else that will face to problem.

So for who is this guide for? For People that are willing or trying to install British Armed Forces or Private Military Company retail expansions on Windows 8 64bit with the installer but they get a Runtime Error.

What do you need:

1) You need to have the latest Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributables going from 2005 to 2012 both 64(x64) and 32(x86) bit versions.

2) You need to enable the option in Windows Explorer *Show Hidden Files*. To do that open any Windows Explorer Frame (My Computer, My Documents or what so ever), Click View and Check the *Show Hidden Files* Option.

When you have that sorted out run the installer normaly.

When you get the Run Time error, close the installer. Notice that if you have the Gamersgate installer check the box that says *Keep the Temporary Files for later use*

After that navigate to: C:\users\*YourUsername*\AppData\Local\Temp\BAF

Right Click the Setup.exe hit Properties and in Compability tab Check the box that says *Run This Program as an Administrator* Hit Apply and Then Ok. Do the Same for the ReactorActivate.exe that is located in the same folder with the Setup.exe.

Follow the same process for PMC. The only thing that changes is the Directory.

C:\users\*YourUsername*\AppData\Local\Temp\PMC

After you done these run the Setup.exe and you are ready to roll.

I hope this Guide helps someone. :beans: to AmberHelios, Sprocket and FedaykinWolf for the help and the original solution.

Reinforcements Pack workaround thanks to FlyingSloth

Just download the setup fix from the Arma2 site here (installing RFT as expansion doesn't work from the disc directly), put the discs in and ran the install.

Cheers.

PS

Sorry for any Typos or Grammar.

Edited by Meik0
  • Like 1

Maybe here would be the right place to ask, while ago i read about the 2 expansions and there benefits but i cant find it anymore. Do you know which benefits i get from purchasing them. Like maybe better character models hwo many new campains and so on?

Here you go mate.

BAF Expansion Overview

PMC Expansion Overview

New weapons, New Scenarios, High res Textures for Survivor Skin, Hero Skin, Camo Clothing, Guillie Suit. New Character models and alot more things. I've played yestarday with the high res textures, i can assure you there is no going back.

• Like 2

Thank you , after doing my post i recognized the main information i wanted was the Imapact on Dayz Gameplay ^^ since i play more Dayz then the normal Arma 2.

I looked the 2 expansion up on the BIS. I think ill buy them Arma 2 is an amazing Game. Cant wait for Arma 3 and the Dayz Standalone i will get them both :D

Edited by Paddy0610
  • Like 2

All additional content, besides single player missions, are included in the lite version. However, with the full version you get high res textures, and your scopes for AS50 and L85 will no longer be blurry.