Sign in to follow this  
methoxeta

Arma not using all of the processor?

It seems to me that my Arma 2 (for DayZ) is not fully utilizing my processor. The processor load in task manager/resource manager stays at 50% pretty much constantly.

Wierdly, it shows in the resource manager that each individual core is running at 50% (it shows up as 4 cores because of hyper threading. Here's a screenshot I took while playing (dual monitor, and the game was up but print screen only takes the desktop behind the game, I was playing at the moment though):

http://i.imgur.com/6cl9m93.png

As you can see, each core (0,1,2,3) is running at 50%, and I'm getting ~17-20 fps right now, using the "-nosplash -cpucount=2 -exThreads=1" launch options in steam.

Specs are:

Intel i5 3210m 2.5GHz (turbo to 2.9 Ghz)

4GB ram

nvidia GT630m GPU (My friend runs the game at 40 fps on intel graphics 4000 which is worse than this and THE SAME EXACT PROCESSOR so I know the GPU is not the problem)

How can I get the game to use all of the processor? I've tried all sorts of optimization tricks, been through tons of guides and threads about it, changed config settings, tried different servers, everything. I upgraded from a 1.66GHZ core 2 duo (1st generation m11x) to this 2.9GHz i5 and I'm seriously getting the exact same performance. I've been sitting here tinkering wit the video settings for hours, please don't redirect me to a settings optimization thread, I am more than well informed. I have most settings on normal/low except for textures and VRAM. No Anti aliasing, normal shadows, 1000 view distance.

Any help is appreciated.

Edited by methoxeta

Use the following param in your shortcut options:

-cpuCount=4

At least this increased the FPS a bit on my i3 mobility.

EDIT: Why are you using 2 CPUs by the way? Use 4, as it's a quad-core processor.

Edited by Barrett_killz

Because the i5 is a 2 core processor... 2 physical cores 4 logical cores, don't know which one to use.

Will try though, thanks.