spaggiari

DayZ: Origins (RELEASED)

Servers are poorly managed.

All run Regular(map hack basically) settings with the magic finger.

Laggy as heck(due to lack of servers)

I got Camo off a guy who was fully geared, but due to server lag, I could not put it on, I tried multiple times in and outside of cities, wasnt happening...

The above will kill this "mod" "map"

Loved the spawn options though, Molitovice FTW, Firehouse M4a3 CCO Camo, police station M9sd.

Ammo seems hard to come by, which is very nice IMO.

I like the storage boxes with camoflauge.

Backpacks and gear in general seem hard to come by, which is very nice!

Edited by wesmacker

This goes to show AGAIN , that the DayZ community is light years ahead of Rocket and his unimaginative Chernarus meat and potatoes Standalone.

Wow, what the fuck has made you so bitter?

• Like 1

Devs are being a bunch of a-holes with the server files. its pathetic.

Gotta play in their POS "regular" aka maphack servers...

Just hide somewhere, and stare at your map, eventually you will see a survivor go nearby in your map....

• Like 1

I keep getting compatibility errors saying the server is ver. 1.5.0 while i'm on 1.7.4.4. I'm using DayZCommander. Does somebody know how to fix this issue?

Edited by Jony_RocketInMyPocket

Any update on server files?

Any update on server files?

It would be good to know. Is there a specific problem with the server files? They are usually straight forward so I'm curious as to the modifications you've made to dayz_server

Erm, is the leveling even implemented? the only changes i've noticed are vehicle reskins, a grave instead of a dead body, and the NPC island... If so how does it work?

Edited by Cynical Survivor

okay, so this is basically a buggier taviana with custom vehicle skins. the npc island is cool and all, but the time i made it there, i found one dead npc and the rest of the island was empty. pretty anticlimactic if you ask me.

I think it great. The only thing that needs work is the servers. They are too lagy often and make it unplayable. However if you can find a good server. Its a lot of fun.

I will release a good server, if someone know when the server files will be released now...is there any new information about the release date???

As the title eludes too.... is ORIGINS still community owned? Or have the folk at dayz taken over?

Only asking because multiplay are going to be running ORIGINS servers..... and hopefully they aren't as restricted as their official dayz servers

I love the origins mod but always having trouble when i get to the island not because of NPCs but because of bugs haven't been on that island without a single bug either one of my teammates gets killed because of him getting teleportet out in the water or i get teleportet back to the main island and that is total bullshit.

Edited by The Bean Marine

Generally, I like the mod, but the available servers tend to be very laggy, with zombies taking up to two seconds to drop from headshots.

Not made it as far as Salvation City yet, but working on it.

I think it great. The only thing that needs work is the servers. They are too lagy often and make it unplayable. However if you can find a good server. Its a lot of fun.

^^ this

As the title eludes too.... is ORIGINS still community owned? Or have the folk at dayz taken over?

Actully it's owned by Kinghunt and Martin, these 2 are milking Origins for every penny they can, even to the point they will sue anyone who tries to release similer mods

It was a good idea but i refuse to line the pockets of these greey bastards :(

Martins map is made from BI objects

The Dayz code is owned by Rocket

The scripts they use were made free by the community

Yet they have the cheek to claim copyright :rolleyes:

• Like 1

The problem Im having is that there is some kind of "loot delay" if I go in to a building, there might not spawn loot so i have to go in to "activate" the house, go outside and wait, and then come back in like 5mins. And yes Im "alone" so noone has nicked all the stuff, this happens in 98% of the houses i go to.

The problem Im having is that there is some kind of "loot delay" if I go in to a building, there might not spawn loot so i have to go in to "activate" the house, go outside and wait, and then come back in like 5mins. And yes Im "alone" so noone has nicked all the stuff, this happens in 98% of the houses i go to.

Yeah, I'm finding this in places too - particularly crash sites and fire stations. Another 'problem' is that often I can go to a loot spawn point (let's say a fire station), check it, come out, spend 10 minutes searching nearby buildings and then come back to find that it's spawned some new stuff.

Any timeframe when the private hive server files will be up?

this. We were told March 15th (then 17th, 18th, and 25th)..

Edited by Carve

Guest Dwarden

Private hive files have been leaked by me, grab them here.

Bohemia Interactive nor Dayz mod team will not tolerate stealing of IP content

(and following distribution/use) from any community content makers

by doing such act, You damage everyone in the community and disrespect authors's time put into any modification

Edited by Dwarden