42StepBack

Will the StandAlone game have an inbuilt editor?

Just wondering if the DayZ Standalone game is going to have a level editor so we can make movies and such.

• Like 1

No. not initially they are focusing on Making the foundation of standalone very hard to hack, witch in turn makes modding not possible for awhile

so i would not be expecting an editor, though the future holds many great ideas.

No. not initially they are focusing on Making the foundation of standalone very hard to hack, witch in turn makes modding not possible for awhile

so i would not be expecting an editor, though the future holds many great ideas.

ah fair enough, thanks for the info! :)

It's the editable and trusting nature of Arma that has led to all of the hacking/scripting issues in the mod, so no, it'll be locked down tight I'm afraid.

Edited by Fraggle

Shame some people spoil it for everyone else. The mission editor is one of my favorite features in Arma :/

I guess but for a milsim it's great, not really needed for DayZ though TBH.

To be honest DayZ is not the best for machinima.

#1 Is the zombie behavior. I am sure it will improve with SA but never enough for storytelling in my opinion. Likely want to wait for "The Dead Linger" to start looking good for that kind of work. Or for somthing sooner perhaps Project Zomboid. And don't forget about "No More Room in Hell" yet that is not about any kind of open world.

Edited by Zachstar

oh well, hopefully they will have an option to disable the HUD of the game, that would be good enough.

oh well, hopefully they will have an option to disable the HUD of the game, that would be good enough.

Most of the hud will be replaced with audio and visual signals so it will be mostly removed

not really needed for DayZ though TBH.

But what happens if you wanted to be a guy with a Makarov against 200 zombies?