Sign in to follow this  
TheMilkywayDude

New to PC gaming

Hi, I have had my eye on DayZ and PC gaming for a long time now. I have used can you run it to see if I can and my graphics card is my problem. I have an Intel G33/G31 Express Chipset Family which I know is laughable. I need a cheap graphics card capable of running DayZ and my budget is up to £50. I know this is not a great amount of money but I would really like to start off with something cheap and slowly build up, thanks.

Your better to future proof your system. It's going to do you better in the long run. Best advice would be though to check pc magazines and see what there are 2nd hand

Minimum:

Processor: Intel Core 2.4 GHz or AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz

Memory: 1GB

Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 8600GT or ATI Radeon 3650 or faster with Shader Model 3 and 512 MB VRAM

DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c

Hard Drive: 10 GB free space

Pc gaming and cheap budget don't belong together!

Have you had a look on ebay?

Minimum:

Processor: Intel Core 2.4 GHz or AMD Dual-Core Athlon 2.5 GHz

Memory: 1GB

Graphics: Nvidia Geforce 8600GT or ATI Radeon 3650 or faster with Shader Model 3 and 512 MB VRAM

DirectX®: DirectX 9.0c

Hard Drive: 10 GB free space

When you look at 'minimum' specs for a game, those are the minimum specs required to open the game without getting an error message. It wouldn't be playable on these specs.

OP - What are your other specs? If you've only got a dual-core CPU and a couple of gigs of RAM then spending a few quid on a graphics card won't do a whole lot, if your other specs are alright then you'll probably be able to just about get by on a £50 card.

Please post them in the 'Can I Run It?' thread here...

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/64576-can-i-run-it-ask-here/page__st__2520

And I'll let you know.

Thanks!

Edited by mZLY