Dayzo

v175 beta: meat issues [solved] [old]

Anybody knows when 1.7.5 is coming out?

Please don't tell me when it's ready.

I think you already know the answer to that question. ;)

Holy crap! R4ZOR49! I went to fearing this patch, to being somewhat excited about it. This patch is gonna make things interesting to say the least. Still worried about the blood deal but we will see how that plays out.

I also want to thank you! First for devoting your time to this mod. / comminity I can only imagine what a thankless job that can be. I'd also like to thank you for listening to our concerns and altering your plans. I am sure you weren't to pleased with having to flush the time you spend coding those in. I for one am relieved that you chose a different route. You've earned these beans that is damn sure!

Thank you,

Pendragon

Edited by Pendragon
  • Like 1

They shouldn't make some hatchets dull or change any attributes about it from a 1HK until they actually get it working properly.

At its current state it is just a modified weapon with an extremely low effective range that maybe 1/5 hits actually register

Not a big Fan of random faliures, I hate it when chance dictates my survival instead of 'skill', it serves only to make the game annoying instead of challenging.

As for the whole blood bag thing, not really sure what to think of that. On one hand I can understand that they are somewhat 'overpowered' but on the other hand I can see a lot of situations where this will lead to frustration. You just had your nlood filled up before moving into the city and get attacked, almost die. Good thing you have a buddy with you... or not? The 10 minutes aren't over yet and you have to wait another six until you can recive another transfusion. In my opinion that's just stupid. I can see why they should be 'nerfed' but I don't thing these 'cooldowns' are the best way to do that, it might be the easiest way but certainly not the best.

The 'cooldown' on food seems reasonable. But I think it would make more sense to be able to eat a number of three to four Steaks, Beans, etc, within a certain time period, let's say 20-30mins instead of saying you can only eat one every 3min.

I think it's good that you now need the toolbox for Tanktrap and Wirefencing. What I don't undestand is why you would need one to lay down a beartrap. I've never used one myself in this thing called 'real life', I've only seen them in TV and the way they worked diidn't involve any tools.

My two cents.

Suggestion: Drop the food-to-blood thing completely.

Instead:

- blood regenerates by 2% of current blood each 5 minutes. ie: have 5000 blood, 5 min later 5100, 10 min later 5202 .....

- new: Uncooked food has a 50% chance to give you an infection. cooking the meat resolves that.

- new: water has a 50% chance to give an infection. You can now boil water in a canteen, removing bacteria.

- blood bags replenish 2000 blood. Can only use after 4 hours ingame time of last bloodtransfusion.

Weapon failures

- Melee weapons can be used with a power gauge that goes from 50% to 175% each attack. Everything above 100% has an appropriate

chance to break it i.e.axing at 175% gives a 75% chance for the weapon to break. The longer you hold lmb, the more %.

Watcha think ?

• Like 2

Instead:

- blood regenerates by 2% of current blood each 5 minutes. ie: have 5000 blood, 5 min later 5100, 10 min later 5202 .....

- new: Uncooked food has a 50% chance to give you an infection. cooking the meat resolves that.

- new: water has a 50% chance to give an infection. You can now boil water in a canteen, removing bacteria.

- blood bags replenish 2000 blood. Can only use after 4 hours ingame time of last bloodtransfusion.

Watcha think ?

regen of blood has been mentioned, and I love the idea. removing the instant food-to-blood is also good, HOWEVER, having no benefit from food is also bad.

It would be nice if your blood regen was 1% or 0% if you were hungry. But if you are satisfied, it would be 2% or higher, if you recently ate.

Instead:

Weapon failures

- Melee weapons can be used with a power gauge that goes from 50% to 175% each attack. Everything above 100% has an appropriate

chance to break it i.e.axing at 175% gives a 75% chance for the weapon to break. The longer you hold lmb, the more %.

Watcha think ?

I don't think it should be scrapped but instead the food could start to regnerate blood for a time period. So take your idea that, " blood regenerates by 2% of current blood each 5 minutes. ie: have 5000 blood, 5 min later 5100, 10 min later 5202" and change that to "blood regenerates by 2% of current blood each 5 minutes after eating food" Simulates the slow regeneration of blood after eating. Food, contrary to what people have said is important to blood regeneration. Insta-gib heal steaks are total BS of course. Making a blanace between challange and stupid/boring is the important part.

Making healing hader will mix things up a lot. Most looting is high speed, taking some hits and supplement this approach via food. Increasing the time it takes to heal lends itself to stealth gameplay. No longer could you rely on pulling a Usian Bolt to an open house, armed with a hatchet, to fight a zombie train knowing that you can instantly eat your way out of trouble.

Edited by Trizzo

If you want to use a hatchet it should have a chance of being to blunt and do no damage or less damage.

Sorry but thats fucking stupid.

Surely you'd check the bladehead when you found it, if its blunt you wouldn't pick it up.

Common sense really.

Its idiotic that a hatchet may occasionally be 'blunt' on some strokes and fine on others, its the same bloody hatchet.

• Like 1

For now the models get replaced displaying a box of wet matches you lose all light abilities. (Keep in mind this is a brand new system)

Meat regen is instant as soon as you eat you gain 800 for cookedmeat, 200 for tinned and between 200 - 600 for the new models being added.

Once you have eaten you become full the 5 minute delay to eat again is to represent this change. Now we know this will bring an issue with blood bags and two players being able to instant bring others back to Full blood we just haven't got to the point in looking over that yet as its a dev build :-) family, work and everything is always against us.

then in the interst of fairness i suggest you dont roll out ANY changes to blood regen until both team and solo players are affected equally...

being a solo player i take it as a slap in the face to roll out a change that only affects 1 play style.

perhaps take away blood bags for now until u finalize how blood regen will work for solo players.. that seems fair, everyone is now affected the same way..

Sorry but thats fucking stupid.

Surely you'd check the bladehead when you found it, if its blunt you wouldn't pick it up.

Common sense really.

Its idiotic that a hatchet may occasionally be 'blunt' on some strokes and fine on others, its the same bloo dy hatchet.

Axes are pretty effective with the blunt end as a weapon... i think the bluntingas razor was explaining wasmore to do with its ability to gather wood (a blunt axe will still cut wood just fine truth be told.. not as quickly as a sharp one is all, and make no difference for splitting.. but this is a game, so i aint really fussed either way personally.) The weak part o an axe is the handle o course... if yah break that they are useless, and theyre easy to break if yah over swing.. soo that imo should be what can be wreaked on em. but i aint fussed either way.

Weapon failures

Watcha think ?

The ARMA II engine isn't even capable to simulate melee weapons correctly, I highly doubt, that a change like this can be realized with it. :)

My two cents on blood:

1. Characters can give themselves a blood bag but they will be rendered unconscious for a very long time. They cannot do it again for hours. This should be a very last resort to live, with infection chance very high. Blood is restored gradually while you're unconscious, and you awake with full to maybe 5k Hp- randomized. Pain killers are needed when you awake.

2. When a friend gives you blood, you go unconscious for less time with less chance of infection. Health is restored gradually while unconscious, and climbs faster than solo. Pain killers may or may not be needed after- random chance to simulate the posibilty of inexperience.

3. Food does not restore Health immediately. Health should regenerate over time and maybe food effects should not be allowed to stack. I do like the current food system in the test build though.

4. Can we get pain killers that temporarily give the screen full color for a short time..? It makes it seem like you have full health instead of a blurry screen and an annoying pulse sound when low on blood. Used until you get full blood.

My opinion on matches:

1.Matches can only fail in the rain. Do not let then fail when it's sunny out, until they can be limited to use number use. Even when the build introduces a limit if 10 or so uses, the pack should be able to get wet.

It seems that even though r4z0r49 is ruining the game for everyone, this guy has Rocket´s nod of approval. They are turning this game into an unplayable, anal retentive game. It is not fun.

It is game, it is a fantasy game, bring the fun back.

No reason on earth to remove L85aws

No reason on earth to remove debug window (am I not entitled to know how much blood I have and zombies killed without having to hit i?)

No reason on earth to not have at least ONE superweapon in the game

The 175 fiasco and the feedback it is getting is warning to this guy that he is ruining it. The coding has gone to his head.

• Like 2

It seems that even though r4z0r49 is ruining the game for everyone, this guy has Rocket´s nod of approval. They are turning this game into an unplayable, anal retentive game. It is not fun.

It is game, it is a fantasy game, bring the fun back.

No reason on earth to remove L85aws

No reason on earth to remove debug window (am I not entitled to know how much blood I have and zombies killed without having to hit i?)

No reason on earth to not have at least ONE superweapon in the game

The 175 fiasco and the feedback it is getting is warning to this guy that he is ruining it. The coding has gone to his head.

This guy...doesn't get it.

If somebody has Rocket's nod of approval it's because they have a similiar outlook, similar goals or want the same experience and outcome from the game. That should tell you all you need to know.

1. Characters can give themselves a blood bag but they will be rendered unconscious for a very long time. They cannot do it again for hours. This should be a very last resort to live, with infection chance very high. Blood is restored gradually while you're unconscious, and you awake with full to maybe 5k Hp- randomized. Pain killers are needed when you awake.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but usally loosing blood and not gaining blood causes you to pass out? The friend transfussion making you pass out for less time doesn't make any medical sense what so ever but the matches, painkillers are good suggestions.

Edited by Trizzo

Chance of a hunting knife blunting should be much lower than 30%, and matches should only become wet after a rainstorm, there should be waterproof matches that spawn in more rarely.

Possibly an item that allows for tools to be re-sharpened?

I understand your frustration but can you self administer a blood bag in real life? can you honestly tell me you can find a suitable vein on yourself? then put a line in successfully?

If you could do it to someone else, why in the world could you not do it to yourself? Junkies find their veins all the time, and they aren't trained soldiers as we all seem to be in DayZ. All you would have to do theoretically is hang the bag up on something above you. Bad argument man.

Just asking but could you, would you be able to give blood from a bloodbag that was just lying on the floor? Would the blood be any good, possibly even harmful?

Would getting your blood level back up to a normal level fix trauma caused by a gunshot wound, zombie bites or an axe to the face?

I personally think the bloodbag should go, and wounds should take time to heal. But, I believe there are too many limitations in the mod for a system like that.

Just asking but could you, would you be able to give blood from a bloodbag that was just lying on the floor? Would the blood be any good, possibly even harmful?

it would kill you quickly and painfully ;)

This guy...doesn't get it.

If somebody has Rocket's nod of approval it's because they have a similiar outlook, similar goals or want the same experience and outcome from the game. That should tell you all you need to know.

No, you don´t fucking get it. So it has Rocket´s approval means it is ok to fuck with the game to such an extent that it takes all the fun out of it? Really? Another ass kisser....sigh

Initially, I wasn't very happy with the changelog. It almost felt that someone who has been left in charge of the community mods was rolling out changes that had not been even raised with the forum... like there was no opportunity for the community to decide what should and shouldn't be implemented.

I've changed my mind now, I think. All these do add to the whole survival thing, and I'm starting to think that maybe it will make a better survival experience. Knifes go blunt, as do axes, and matches don't last forever.

My only quarm is:

• Do matches feel like they have a low spawn rate? It's one of the tools that I struggle to find the most. Additionally, does this mean that I would be able to use matches to create a fire in one location, and just come back and forth to that specific one, lighting it as I like, without using any matches..? Perhaps making a fireplace out of the wood alone would be worth considering, with matches required to actually light the fireplace...

after reading about this and at first thinking this guy is ranting at nothing im sorry to say he is actually half right the patch makes it better for group players and worse for single players

some ideas are not very well thought out at all.

you cant give yourself blood on own so the only option if lonewolf is to group up for blood now as you cant eat food to regen thats stupid. group players can sit there blood each other up but loners have to just die basically through a patch. make it so single players can blood themselves up then atleast they have chances against groups and can play there own games (probable reason for not letting single players blood up is the animation no other reason). not just being forced to join a group to survive, not everyone wants to play together and enjoy there own way of playing.

so no not really impressed with some of these changes.

Edited by dgeesio

other argument is that this will hopefully prevent people from KOSing as much

Actually, just the opposite.

People are going to be more prone to kill others right away because they are not going to want to chance being shot themselves.

• Like 2

Will server admins be able to modify any of these rates, like the eating timer and blood regen, and the "failure" rate of matches?

You should be thanking them for continuing Rockets work. These guys are working for free and the mod is free so whats your problem?

This pretty much forces you to go in groups, unless you want to get fucked long way up your buhole by a makarov while you have 2000 blood. Im a lonewolf, and will mostly continiue with that.