Dayzo

v175 beta: meat issues [solved] [old]

[Edit: The problems described in this thread were removed before the final release of v175]

For those who posted in this thread since v175 was released, the thread was never about the v1750 or v1751 public release. It was a warning about stuff implemented near the end of the v175 BETA testing. The 'features' which made it impossibly difficult for single players to regain health after injuries were taken out before v1750 was released.

Single players are being completely f***ed over in the latest v175 betas.

Basically, whilst pairs/teams can blood bag each other for instant health when hurt whilst scavenging, fighting, repairing a vehicle, refuelling a chopper, etc, single players are f***ed because you cannot now use meat to reliably regain blood. Not only has the meat been hugely devalued in the current beta, in the next beta R4Z0R49 has made knives, hatchets and matches have a high failure rate too.

The game is being made much harder for the people who play alone, and yet the changes won't affect anyone who plays in a team. Granted these changes may not make it into the final v175 release, but the fact that they're even being tested is ridiculous in itself. The thing I'm most angry at is that R4Z0R49 doesn't even recognise the issue and even thinks blood is harder to use than meat.

If you're a single player, I'd urge you to go tell him how you feel:

https://github.com/R...ZMod/issues/233

Edit1: R4Z0R49 deleted my github posts because they were abusive. Totally guilty - I've spent a couple of hundred hours testing and playing every v175 beta, and it makes me extremely angry as a single player to be treated so thoughtlessly.

Edit2: After a day to cool off, there's sort-of an apology here.

Edited by Anti
  • Like 28

You should be thanking them for continuing Rockets work. These guys are working for free and the mod is free so whats your problem?

• Like 8

You should be thanking them for continuing Rockets work. These guys are working for free and the mod is free so whats your problem?

It's still a shitty move.

• Like 9

Soz but I agree with Play on this one. Fair enough you're unhappy with some of the things they're trying out but you're in no position to start bitching about it. It's free and they're working for free so you can have fun.

Like I say, it's fair enough if you don't like the direction it's taking and you're well within your rights to bring it up but your anger and entitledness (is that a word?) are way over the top.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 6

i agree that the single players are rather as u say "fucked" with the new updates

but i dont see it useful to go to the point of calling devs idiots and so on

adapt, find people

other argument is that this will hopefully prevent people from KOSing as much

It's still a shitty move.

Agreed.. . Don't mind the values being lower, but not low enough to screw over lone wolf players.

While this MIGHT encourage more group play, it pushes a certain play style, which Rocket never wanted.

• Like 1

I don't disagree with the points raised but insulting the devs that spend hours/days/weeks working on it is taking the piss in my opinion.

• Like 5

No need to be so rude about it. But yeah, Single Players are now ruined. They should just tone it down so its like 400 Blood instead of 800. Basically now I need wait 4 Hours to regain full health if shot down to 8000. I think it is trying push people to try and work together.

• Like 1

The changes sort of piss me off but I'm pretty sure I'm always the guy going around asking for the game to be harder... soo.. awesome changes, I guess.

Either way, no point in getting TOO upset about the changes and resorting to calling people names.

• Like 1

Im a little unsure where you get 4 hours from. The system only stop's you from eating within 5 mins of last_ate This was ten minutes last night and was reduced to 5 mins due to the comments raised

• Like 3

I think the changelog looks great, It's about time these kind of variables and chances have been added. If you want to use a hatchet it should have a chance of being to blunt and do no damage or less damage.

You still gain blood from eating meat. However you only gain blood once every HOUR that you eat. Personally I'd like to see it implemented where you can not eat if your food meter is green. The ability to eat everything in a super market to get full blood is just poor design. They have gotten closer by being able to eat at max every 5 minutes.

Different foods giving different amounts of hunger and blood along with the inability to eat constantly would make you try to find something more substantial to eat/drink when you needed rather than coke and beans all the time.

EDIT: Just took a double look, the 1 hour blood from food has been removed, I'd prefer to see it re-added but that's just me. So it looks like you can still spam eat for blood, but it will take you a little 5 minutes between meals

Edited by RuecanOnRails

However you only gain blood once every HOUR that you eat <<< this was removed yesterday due to the comments raised by others the only system in place is the 5 min limit from last ate.

• Like 4

I'd prefer 10 min. and I'm a one man wolf pack, but every time I ate an entire cow to max my health, it's always ruined the immersion for me.

Wow...these changes...awsome! I had the impression it was game over man.

I'm a solo player and I support this to the max. Proper planning, risk vs reward, will be part of the game instead of just running in and being able to spam meat as a crutch to all the problems. Fantastic changes, got a link to the full patch notes so far?

Loving this Razor! Makes me want to start playing more freqently again, I'm looking for a challenge...no matter how hard I try or how many mods I use for FarCry 3 it's still to easy...

Questions:

*Matches failing? Does this mean you need to get another box? How do matches fail? Do you just keep clicking light fire unti it works?

*When does meat regain blood? Every 5 mins you can eat steak and get 800 blood back?

Edited by Trizzo
  • Like 2

I like the direction but it does hurt the lone player. I think the tool idea is great and they are plentiful to find.

I still feel the blood reduction on food is a bit to much. at lowest it should equal canned goods.

• Like 1

As another lone wolf style player, I support these changes wholeheartedly. They will only add to the depth and richness of the challenge.

• Like 2

Alright seeing as your going to dislike the next update just think for a minute, If this add's to the immersion and realism what's stopping rocket from adding these little things into standalone?

Also R4Z0R keep up the good work.

• Like 1

Questions:

*Matches failing? Does this mean you need to get another box? How do matches fail? Do you just keep clicking light fire unti it works?

*When does meat regain blood? Every 5 mins you can eat steak and get 800 blood back?

For now the models get replaced displaying a box of wet matches you lose all light abilities. (Keep in mind this is a brand new system)

Meat regen is instant as soon as you eat you gain 800 for cookedmeat, 200 for tinned and between 200 - 600 for the new models being added.

Once you have eaten you become full the 5 minute delay to eat again is to represent this change. Now we know this will bring an issue with blood bags and two players being able to instant bring others back to Full blood we just haven't got to the point in looking over that yet as its a dev build :-) family, work and everything is always against us.

• Like 6

For now the models get replaced displaying a box of wet matches you lose all light abilities. (Keep in mind this is a brand new system)

Meat regen is instant as soon as you eat you gain 800 for cookedmeat, 200 for tinned and between 200 - 600 for the new models being added.

Once you have eaten you become full the 5 minute delay to eat again is to represent this change. Now we know this will bring an issue with blood bags and two players being able to instant bring others back to Full blood we just haven't got to the point in looking over that yet as its a dev build :-) family, work and everything is always against us.

About blood bags, if I'm reading this right, don't you think that maybe placing a timer on their use and effect to balance out the changes to food would be a good idea? I'm thinking making the effect in blood gain gradual or maybe have a chance to fail a transfusion, maybe also place a cool down on players that have been bagged recently regardless of weather or not a transfusion failed.

Personally, I think taking blood bags out altogether would be an interesting idea, some people only interact with others for this very reason.

Edited by jaymacca
  • Like 1

Yeah I may not agree / like some of the chages being purposed. I may be critical of the dev guys, but remember they deserve a great deal of respect. Now if they were paid and not doing this out of passion... I'd say have at them! Also R4ZOR49, I do like you are also going to modify blood bagging.

I still think your quest to curb KoS is in vain, but we'll see. As I said earlier given the opportunity a player will be a jerk, causing others to adopt being a jerk. Only thing you can do to remove this behavior is to remove the ability to harm others. We all know this would kill DayZ. I still think if you can make a system where players get rewarded for co-op'ing as opposed to killing eachother you'd take a step in the right direction. If it is possible make the loot spawn less if players are killed in the area, and more as the player count in that area grows. (If that makes sense) I don't envy you tho so... *tip of my hat*

• Like 2

Sorry if these questions have been asked been away for a while.

*Wet matches. I take it this is connected to rain? What about swimming? Or are wet matches a random occorance? Do they "dry out" becoming usable after a certain time peroid?

*As for blood bags I always felt they spawned in far to generous a number, i would like to see less!

* As for solo player transfusions I thought making an improved IV Pole (found in hosptials), or they spawn in the hosptial, or use something like a coat hanger/jacket hanging thing that could be found in the small houses. Then the player needs to wait about 30 seconds to self medicate with the blood bag.

Edited by Trizzo

I have no problem with food getting a nerf however I can't understand why blood bags have not been touched? I can only presume it's due to lack of time and that will also receive a nerf in the next patch because if not it will be very unbalanced.

Just thinking about ways to change the blood bag transfusion a bit has got me excited to see where it could go.

What about a new system where you don't find FULL blood bags, rather you find the equipment to take blood from yourself and store it in the bag to be used for transfusion later.

Have it so in order to make a blood bag, the person creating it looses 2.5k blood However the blood transfusion from said bag would recover 5k. You can only draw blood from your character once every two hours or something. You can also only receive a transfusion once every half hour with a 45% fail rate no harm done, just doesn't add blood, or possibly knocks you unconscious?

Sorry if these questions have been asked been away for a while.

*Wet matches. I take it this is connected to rain? What about swimming? Or are wet matches a random occorance? Do they "dry out" becoming usable after a certain time peroid?

*As for blood bags I always felt they spawned in far to generous a number, i would like to see less!

* As for solo player transfusions I thought making an improved IV Pole (found in hosptials), or they spawn in the hosptial, or use something like a coat hanger/jacket hanging thing that could be found in the small houses. Then the player needs to wait about 30 seconds to self medicate with the blood bag.

For now it's just a random occorance once there done you need to find more. (As it is now)

We have been looking into bloodbags and having the one player sitting there while blood regens over time (idea).

I have no problem with food getting a nerf however I can't understand why blood bags have not been touched? I can only presume it's due to lack of time and that will also receive a nerf in the next patch because if not it will be very unbalanced.

This system only got added yesterday to the dev builds busy dealing with comments/ideas and stuff like this not to mention the new issue we have been faced with doing models, textures, rvmats just for the new food :-) Thats just in the past 2 dayz so yea add work family :-) and you get more time needed :-)

• Like 6

Your replies were most welcome! Thanks for taking the time of day, know the efforts to improve the game are appreciated despite the mewling of soft detractors.

Edited by Trizzo
  • Like 1