Sign in to follow this  
pr3llox

Children and Women Zombies?

Does anyone else call the gray-headed Zombie with the trench coat "Major Nelson" from xbox live?

SOMEONELSE? I thought I was alone.

*gives hug*

Not children zombies, due to legal resons.

such as?

can't really see this being true.

I don't think they would be allowed, to make Children Zombies, but Woman would be pretty cool to add in.

This isn't a typical zombie virus, perhaps it kills some people (children) and others become the undead/infected you have to deal with?

I don't see why having children is such a big thing, and making them behave differently (faster -.-) is even more ridiculous. No way.

• Like 1

Zombie women and children is a great Idea.

* Didn't the "TV series - The Walking Dead" have a episode where the main character shoot a zombie child?

- But wait, that was before the shooting.

My guess is that is why people are against this idea.

* Overall it's a great idea, but there will be people against it.

* The NRA might even use it as proof that games promote child violence...

The comics, show, and game of The Walking Dead have all featured killing zombified children, and in a few cases even zombified children that were, in life, well-established characters. In DayZ, the zombies have no real backstory other than "This guy was normal at one point, but now he's trying to eat your face!". I don't think that the killing of zombified children would become much of a wide-scale issue. Honestly, I would think that the already-existing zombie nuns would be more likely to cause a problem than zombie children.

Also, for your NRA point, who cares? Anyone with the tiniest bit of sense knows that they're lunatics. People are blaming violence on video games less and less as they become more accessible to non-gamers (thanks, Nintendo!).

Edited by Dark Link

However nice it might seem to have children zeds (women already included), they would not allow it. Not only would they get in deep sh*t for it for it being morally wrong blowing up children, you will have problems with players appearing as old men and placing a marker on the map saying "Candy Van is here" and jumping out in a Pedo-Bear outfit whenever a toddler with an AK-47 shows up.

I did have an idea before similar to this where you enter your age and sex on a registration site and it always makes your character look the same age as you but then thought of the above and the shit the DayZ devs would get into when sexual predators turn up in the game and decided not to post it.

Zombie children don't wield weapons...you kinda went off topic there, this isn't about players being children as far as I can tell, it's about children that are infected and out for blood.

i think female zombies would be a great addition and perhaps add a little variety to the game, maybe they could behave in different ways.

For example: Male zombies move slower and hit a hard and the female could be faster and be more nimble, but hit less than male zombies.

but as others have mentioned in this thread, child zombies are a no-go as far as ethics and laws are concerned, furthermore there will be a huge backlash from childrens groups, et cetera.

You underestimate the laws of western Europe.

way to bring any sort of evidence

"No More Room In Hell", the zombie mod based on Half life 2 engine got some zombie children in it ... Unless a Jack Thompson like shows up, it is not a big deal. :)

"No More Room In Hell", the zombie mod based on Half life 2 engine got some zombie children in it ... Unless a Jack Thompson like shows up, it is not a big deal. :)

I was just going to use that as an example.....

Its not really that horrible to kill children zombies when i think about it... almost forgot that feature..

i think female zombies would be a great addition and perhaps add a little variety to the game, maybe they could behave in different ways.

For example: Male zombies move slower and hit a hard and the female could be faster and be more nimble, but hit less than male zombies.

but as others have mentioned in this thread, child zombies are a no-go as far as ethics and laws are concerned, furthermore there will be a huge backlash from childrens groups, et cetera.

No no no no no! DayZ isn't your typical zombie game where different types of infected roam the world. -.- Why would a woman be more nimble because she's a woman? Why would a male zombie be stronger than a female zombie? If this becomes a mod/game with multiple zombie types then I'm out.

That's a mod not rated and not under scrutiny by major groups as it's not being sold. As it stands now, DayZ could probably have child zombies and be fine, as it's just a mod. With the SA it wouldn't go over so well.

No no no no no! DayZ isn't your typical zombie game where different types of infected roam the world. -.- Why would a woman be more nimble because she's a woman? Why would a male zombie be stronger than a female zombie? If this becomes a mod/game with multiple zombie types then I'm out.

That's a mod not rated and not under scrutiny by major groups as it's not being sold. As it stands now, DayZ could probably have child zombies and be fine, as it's just a mod. With the SA it wouldn't go over so well.

Chill! it was a maybe, nothing more than ideas and speculation.

Just remember BioShock 2 and the poor little sistas ... that was really disturbing and it was a triple A production. ( not exactly zombies, but infected personn nonetheless )

That's the same as a movie with demonic little girls being killed or attacked or The Walking Dead show. :| Not the same thing, but w/e if they can add zombie children I'm okay with it, but I don't see why it's a big deal to some people.

Edited by Diggydug

I believe Dead Island attempted a stunt in one of their trailers...

...so much controversy over that damn game...

Women zombies are an obvious yes but children zombies are out of the question, especially in light of recent events which would make an innocent design implementation look like a sadistic perverted decision once the news channels get a hold of it.

erm, physiology perhaps?

Should definitely have women zombies and other male zombie skins besides "soldier", "priest" and "drunken Chechyen hobo".

Laws or not, little zombie children would be creepy as fuck

erm, physiology perhaps?

Last I checked, dead men can't sprint.

Last I checked, women aren't more nimble than men for being women.

Physiology has nothing to do with it, it's just a weird and inexplicable reason to have different zombies with different strengths and weaknesses when the virus should affect all the same way. In terms of gameplay, I'd hate it.

Edited by Diggydug

Although I tend to agree zombie children would add alot of creepiness to the overall feel of DayZ. I can see how some agenda driven people would cry foul.

A good substitute could be the evidence that children once existed. A bloodied teddybear, a stained Childs seat in a car, a playground with the echo's of the past playing at odd moments, tattered and bloodstained toddler clothing.

This way we would all get the feel that something dreadful occurred and the children didn't make it. Maybe add in a child's form in the distance, yet when focused upon it fades away.

(edit)

Imagine walking into a house going into a room and finding a nursery with gore splattered everywhere. Then the faint sound of a woman's crying . You walk out to meet zombied momma! They can do alot with suggestion.

Edited by Pendragon