Mankind

What is a "Bambi" in DayZ?

On the Frankie topic. I've seen all his vids also the non-Dayz ones. I've never got the feeling he's is hacking. All the games he has video's about I played until my hands bleed so I know how they play. Some thing are staged yes but that adds to the story I think. He promoting the right way to play dayz I think. Giving ppl a good change not to be KOS. Jack is a great sidekick but he hasen't got the same funny way to tell the story. It's also lots of fun 2 see the vids from either perspective. I would like to see serious videoanalyses from the guys who call him a hacker.

He may hack to set up his videos by giving himself equipment and vehicles or teleporting around the map. I don't really have a problem with that since it's sort of "behind the scenes". He's not going around insta-killing everyone.

As for "bambis", there is a bit of cluelessness that goes beyond simply not having good gear. They run around out in the open or down the middle of the coastal road. They lack tactical situational awareness. They agro zombies alerting the entire world to their whereabouts. They have tunnel vision, staring through their sniper scopes not realizing that danger can come up right behind them with an ax.

They think "FRIENDLY" means "don't shoot me!" instead of "Hi! I happened to notice you not noticing me and in the next 4 seconds you are about to make an important life-altering decision!"

its just a stupid word, which is used by people who think they are better then every1 else (frankieonpcin1080p)

#nuff

Could we stop talking about Frankie now? Frankly it's getting kinda old (see what I did?)

OP got his answer, now stop discussing Frankie before it becomes it's own post.

You're right, Jack is very serious about the game.

Ha when i first saw that by checking out jacks channel, i laughed my head off, beans for showing it. Edited by TruckingBucket
  • Like 1

Hershell Green imma kill your daughter if you say that again.

Especially that "korean boy"

TWDS1E9 :)

Until I came here I had no problem with him, however there are many reasons here why people hate him. I think he makes good videos but here we go, see how many you agree with.

1. ALOT..... I mean ALOT of vids are staged, whilst they are mainly to build the story. When he goes "Luckily I found X,Y and Z" to the common player it's blatantly obvious that he got it some other way. (arguable but opinion)

2. He MAY hack, I watched the episode where he supposedly hacked and broke it up to see how many times he was hit. He was hit 6 times unlike the common idea it's 7, the extra shot actually misses his arm by a small bit, however enough to register as not being a hit. He SHOULD have died but it could be a glitch. If you read the side chat you will see they complain however someone highlights the fact that it was just good work.

3. His German isn't very good (that's just me!)

4. He isn't actually a very good player, i'm NOT saying that i am a good player however he does make alot of noobish mistakes which when you notice them they stick with you.

5. JACK IS BETTER!!!!! :P

That's basically what I understand, feel free to add/disagree etc.

Darryl

Frankie is better than jack frags. first jack always dies in Frankie videos and Frankie is better :D and the bambi thing a new noob to dayz or the deer ^_^

Probably more akin to "casuals" than anything else, really. I play a fair bit of DayZ, and I routinely run down the coastal highway, jog across whole open fields and wander through Cherno with just a hatchet. I don't consider myself bad at the game or stupid, I'm just recklessly indifferent to my safety. The fact that I never seek top-level military gear and will give away any DMR or M24 I find as quickly as I can helps as well, since I never need to fear death and I don't worry about playing without my buddies on.

• Like 1

Whats wrong with Frankie. He's a legend!

Because he's a hacker. A lot of people still say "oh he's still great to watch, even if he is hacking', but it's personally ruined it for me. I still watch his video's, but start to see how often he does hack in his video's.

But on topic, it has been used by Frankie as a word to describe a new player since he started making video's, and the term was quickly taken onboard by the DayZ community and is used commonly now in DayZ.

He may hack to set up his videos by giving himself equipment and vehicles or teleporting around the map. I don't really have a problem with that since it's sort of "behind the scenes". He's not going around insta-killing everyone.

As for "bambis", there is a bit of cluelessness that goes beyond simply not having good gear. They run around out in the open or down the middle of the coastal road. They lack tactical situational awareness. They agro zombies alerting the entire world to their whereabouts. They have tunnel vision, staring through their sniper scopes not realizing that danger can come up right behind them with an ax.

They think "FRIENDLY" means "don't shoot me!" instead of "Hi! I happened to notice you not noticing me and in the next 4 seconds you are about to make an important life-altering decision!"

There are no instances where hacking is okay. None.

I don't care whether he's hacking in a bloodbag to give to a stranger on 1 blood, it's not okay.

It makes it worse that he does kill a lot of people, and they pretty much can't do anything about it at all.