rocket

Devblog update: Where is the Standalone?

Sadly my english isn't good enough to say what i wanna say but i'll do my very best. :)

When i played DayZ the first time i thought "Wow. Nice game. Nice idea."

Then after a couple of weeks in the world of the Zeds i thought "Wow. Really nice game. With so fucking much potential."

Atm after all i have read i think "Wow. I'm part of a complete new state of the art. THIS game will have its save place in the book of history. Holy Moly!"

I wish you, Mr Rocket ^^, and the rest of your amazing team the very best. 2013 will be YOUR year. :)

And now a limerick (Sorry again if my english suckz :))

I looted a town with nothing to eat

and all i found was some rotten meat.

Then ,Oh Lord, i found some beans.

A shot, i'm dead. Fuck! They were Dean's.

Damn weed!! <_<

Your English is great, And I agree with what you say about Dayz... w00t!!! :beans: :beans:

Sadly my english isn't good enough to say what i wanna say but i'll do my very best. :)

When i played DayZ the first time i thought "Wow. Nice game. Nice idea."

Then after a couple of weeks in the world of the Zeds i thought "Wow. Really nice game. With so fucking much potential."

Atm after all i have read i think "Wow. I'm part of a complete new state of the art. THIS game will have its save place in the book of history. Holy Moly!"

I wish you, Mr Rocket ^^, and the rest of your amazing team the very best. 2013 will be YOUR year. :)

Damn weed!! <_<

Your English is fine, I agree 100%

After all the things i have read from rocket, this is more then what we could have ever expected, Actually never thought possibal

very well done to the team <3

Damn weed!! <_<

Nice one.

Just out of curiosity how would you go about writing a limerick in your native language?

Hmmm... i very like this game and this mod. Gratz for creators :)

But...

Something is wrong with climate for me.

For exapmle, if i could, compare this:

http://media.moddb.c...6994/zat1.1.jpg

http://media.onlinek...er/stalker1.jpg

http://i235.photobuc...-37_pripyat.jpg

http://static.clanba...ild_1935_03.jpg (love this one)

...to images from first and second post in this topic.You know... Stalker (it's only example) have more post-apo climate and all all there is really dirty, destroyed. Interiors in mentioned screens in firsts posts are too clear, colorful and... to "happy" for zombie apocalypse. I appreciate your work guys, really, however in games like stalker or fallout i can feel THIS, in DayZ - still not. That's shame, because i love this game, there's sooo much details, things to discover and use...

That's only my modest opinion :)

Sorry for my bad english - i'm from Poland.

Cheers!

Hi,

In regards your post, I've also noticed quite a few other people want to see a more STALKER vibe, so with that in mind check out my dev blog, where I'm doing just that:

http://meshcarver.blogspot.com/

Hopefully, sometime in the future Dayz SA will allow custom maps, and then this should be ready for that happy day..! :D

Either way, you'll get the best of both worlds, as this map I'm doing will be so post-apoc and filthy it should put a smile on your face, and you also get the new Cherno+ which from the screenies looks amazing imo...

Anyway, feel free to leave some crits and comments too on my dev blog...

Looking forwards to the SA..!

Marc

• Like 3

I like the game and have been playing for months. I welcome the changes the SA will bring for the game and its players. If there is anything that should be prioritized, it's the scripting. If anyone here has played Counter-Strike or similar games overseen by VAC, I don't have to expand upon it's ineffectiveness.

What else do the devs plan on implementing to mitigate the cheating?

It was talked about at length on these forums a while ago by Rocket. In short, lot's of work is being done to prevent scripting, VAC is just one of many things that will protect the SA. It makes sense that they don't really want to publicise or go into any detail about the measure's being taken.

Edited by Fraggle

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED CANNOT WAIT WILL DEFINITELY BUY THIS GAME FIRST HOUR OF RELEASE

• Like 1

I AM SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED CANNOT WAIT WILL DEFINITELY BUY THIS GAME FIRST HOUR OF RELEASE

You'll probably have to hurry since it will likely sell out really quick.

I hope I'm awake when it gets released!

I'm definitely hoping the infected get a complete overhaul including their AI, pathing, animations and overall threat level. In Matt's interview he mentioned that it won't all be addressed by the initial release but it's of a high priority going onward which is great to hear. I feel the threat of zombies is a crucial element that is currently missing. Aside from a steady foundation, I'm definitely most excited to see what they have done on this front and what they will do in the near future. Fully expect it to take a while to get it right but the alpha will be full of additions and tweaks, looking forwards to it all.

Cheers to the devs and love the work you're doing. Love what I see so far.

I hope I'm awake when it gets released!

I'm thinking they'll announce release date information as to when it will become available on steam. Even though either way, 50,000 keys will go quick so it probably wouldn't matter whether they announced it or let people find out on their own.

It would definitely be great if a majority of the community were the ones getting the initial release of the keys.

Edited by Lights Out
  • Like 2

How can a game from Steam sell out?

E: Oh right, the post above.

Edited by Sutinen

Oh those screenshots, they tickel my parts...

This is going to be so awesome ^^

I just hope there will be a bigger chance for people like me, not streaming, not 'internet famous', to get into the closed game test thing.

probly not ^^

• Like 2

Looks fantastic!

shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Edited by Chips-
  • Like 1

Streaming starts tonight?

Doubt it.

What makes you say that?

I've not recieved any notification on the distribution of the testing build.

Why? Or will the digital version that you will be able to buy and download gonna go out of stock? Sounds very unlikely that a virtual item is gonna sell out.

Why? Or will the digital version that you will be able to buy and download gonna go out of stock? Sounds very unlikely that a virtual item is gonna sell out.

It has already been said that there will only be 50k keys at launch, and expanded when there are enough servers to support more players.

Edit: That number isn't confirmed, but they will be released in batches. It would be detrimental to the launch if too many players were given access to the game at once without enough servers to play on.

Edited by vegeta897

Where?!? WHEN??? HOW?? WHY?? WHO??? WHAT??

oh right just a cock tease

Cant wait for the standalone^^ For me this project brings sandbox to a whole new level and the idea of player driven environments is simply genius. I hope and wish that the devs manage to find ways for more "positive" player interaction. There must be much more things do do with other players instead of just killing them, give us options to achieve something together without loosing the philosophy of player driven environments.

Best wishes to rocket and his team :)

• Like 1

I hope you do know that keys can actually sell out, I think same thing happened to the game named Prey on steam. It was three years ago though, but yes. Keys can sell out, hopefully they are prepared.

AAAAHHHHHHHHHH!! WHERE!!? WHERE!!??

Edited by Sutinen