Sign in to follow this  
sreg

Incredibly low FPS!

Ho there, I am in need of some help!

I was thinking about getting DayZ, so I downloaded ARMA 2 Free to see if my PC could handle it.

What the hell?

800x600 window resolution, game resolution is HALF of that, everything on VERY LOW, Video Memory on VERY HIGH, FoV is on the lowest without editing the .ini so what am I doing wrong?

In the editor, like, if I make a scenario just me against a bunch of soldiers in a town, I get probably 20 - 30 fps.

If I join a server, like a war server, or an RP server, 10 fps.

If there are vehicles, 8 fps.

If there are buildings, 5 fps.

If there are players, 3 fps.

WHAT THE HELL!!! I have a fairly decent PC!

Specs:

Processor: AMD E2-1800 w/ Radeon HD Graphics 1.70 GHz

RAM: 6 GB

Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 7340 Graphics

I know there are mods out there that remove grass, don't animate shrubs and stuff, but I have ARMA FREE! NO MODS ALLOWED!

HELP ME!

Um whoever told you that you have a good gaming computer is not trustworthy. Arma II is a CPU hog and you are only running a dual core 1.7ghz processor. Not to mention that but you've only got 6gb of RAM and windows 8 is using 2 of those. Your video card is integrated low end card that is rated to run Starcraft II singleplayer decently on low settings....all of this packed into a laptop makes for the opposite of a modern gaming machine. Good video cards cause alot of heat. Laptops are not the best for cooling. This equates to a good gaming laptop = $$$. Good luck.

• Like 2

Windows 8 (I'm pretty sure, from what I've heard) uses the LEAST amount of RAM compaired to other Windows systems.

Also, I just heard that the SERVER can CHANGE YOUR VIEW DISTANCE... this might be my problem.

arma2 oa uses more resources then arma free (low res verson of arma) and then dayz even more

Oh, also, one time I somehow joined a DayZ server in ARMA 2 Free... The game said "DayZ", when I joined, it played like DayZ, there were zombies but the character models were different... it was practically the same thing. How did I do this? I want to do this again.

1.70 GHz
That is an incredibly slow CPU. DayZ is a CPU hog, even my 2.4GHz quad core struggles badly.
800x600 window resolution, game resolution is HALF of that, everything on VERY LOW, Video Memory on VERY HIGH, FoV is on the lowest without editing the .ini so what am I doing wrong?
These all (mostly) reduce the GPU workload, not the CPU workload.

That notebook CPU is about 10 times slower than a good desktop CPU. The best thing you can do is look for a "no zombies" server, as that will actually reduce the CPU-workload... but in that case, you may as well just play Arma :P

Edited by ActionMan

That APU (cpu + gfx) is NOT intended for gaming (flashgames and such only)

"Fusion E2-1800 is a low end dual core Mobile CPU with extremely low power consumption.

It includes two Bobcat cores at 1.7 GHz a Radeon HD 7340 graphics processor, with 80 shader units clocked at 523 MHz that can go up to 680 MHz in turbo mode. Processor supports memory up to DDR3-1333 and DDR3L-1066.

Benchmarks show the performance it delivers is very limited and therefore not recommended for today's demanding games...."

So I'll never be able to play DayZ...

Wow. Quick question:

why the hell did Rocket build DayZ on ARMA?

ARMA is the biggest CPU hog I have ever seen, personally.

Why not... the source engine? or something...

I'm just upset.

Specs:

I have the exact same specs as you, pribably the same laptop (Toshiba Satelite L850D-12p).

I get 30-40 frames solid on singleplayer on ArmA II and only 10-20 on multiplayer server dependent.

http://www.dayzpvp.c...d-tweaks-guide/

have a look at that link. it should help a bit

As for the grass removal...it's not so much a mod, all you're doing is removing the .pbo file from your ArmA II directory, but it does grant you a unfair advantage on multiplayer server where grass is present ... see this is where I figured out the drop in fps is mostly coming from.

The single player campaign does not have grass enabled on lower settings (or at all i dont think) as DayZ does by default. I do remove the files for grass to put up my performance but if you're caught, it is generally frowned upon as it makes certain things like gillie suits useless, but if you make your case it should be fine but i do not recommend it, even though it does make a huge impact to your fps and you will see it.

Edited by Reichenbach Fall

I have the exact same specs as you, pribably the same laptop (Toshiba Satelite L850D-12p).

I get 30-40 frames solid on singleplayer on ArmA II and only 10-20 on multiplayer server dependent.

http://www.dayzpvp.c...d-tweaks-guide/

have a look at that link. it should help a bit

As for the grass removal...it's not so much a mod, all you're doing is removing the .pbo file from your ArmA II directory, but it does grant you a unfair advantage on multiplayer server where grass is present ... see this is where I figured out the drop in fps is mostly coming from.

The single player campaign does not have grass enabled on lower settings (or at all i dont think) as DayZ does by default. I do remove the files for grass to put up my performance but if you're caught, it is generally frowned upon as it makes certain things like gillie suits useless, but if you make your case it should be fine but i do not recommend it, even though it does make a huge impact to your fps and you will see it.

Huge impact on FPS...

what ees dees fiel teel mee nao

....What?

I said Èwhat is this file tell me nowÈ XD

Also, itès their fault for dying in a situation like that. They should ALWAYS hide in a BUSH, not on a grassy knoll or something.

Also, peice of shit keyboard makes all my right side of my keyboard make És for some stupid reason, piece of shit!

So I searched the files and deleted some vegetation pbos and WOW. I just opened up the editor, put 10 planes, roughly about 100 US soldiers and 100 RU soldiers and just ran around as a bunny. Got a 7 FPS average. I deleted all of them but put back the trees and bushes to make sure I did not have an advantage.

Due to my extreme conditioning towards shit fpses... this is playable.

The ones i see that cause the most grief for me are

plants2_Bush

plants2_clutter

plants2_misc

plants2_plants

if you take them away ,there should be a a good boost in fps

once again, i DO NOT recommend you do this, as it is frowned upon and can be considered cheating.

Edited by Reichenbach Fall

Ho there, I am in need of some help!

I was thinking about getting DayZ, so I downloaded ARMA 2 Free to see if my PC could handle it.

What the hell?

In the editor, like, if I make a scenario just me against a bunch of soldiers in a town, I get probably 20 - 30 fps.

If I join a server, like a war server, or an RP server, 10 fps.

If there are vehicles, 8 fps.

If there are buildings, 5 fps.

If there are players, 3 fps.

WHAT THE HELL!!! I have a fairly decent PC!

Specs:

I know there are mods out there that remove grass, don't animate shrubs and stuff, but I have ARMA FREE! NO MODS ALLOWED!

HELP ME!

Your computer is weak in every aspect but RAM. That would be an answer to "WHAT THE HELL".. and I read some information on that processor. It's not for this kind of game.