The_Man

Overweight? Longer life. Maybe?

"According to new research this week in the Journal of the American Medical Association (JAMA), researchers say that being overweight may lead to a longer life.

The somewhat surprising conclusion comes from an enormous, detailed review of over 100 previously published research papers connecting body weight and mortality risk among 2.88 million study participants living around the world."

Source:

http://edition.cnn.c....html?hpt=hp_t3

Discussion?

Edited by The_Man

this sounds highly unlikeley seeing as more weight puts more strain on your body and organs causing your heart and other related organs to work much harder than necessary or more than the human body was designed for. i thought this was a dayz forum?

this sounds highly unlikeley seeing as more weight puts more strain on your body and organs causing your heart and other related organs to work much harder than necessary or more than the human body was designed for. i thought this was a dayz forum?

You are right but only when speaking about obese people, people with way too much muscle or people with abnormal growth rates such as very tall people or very short people. This study is more about people who are maybe like 10-30 pounds overweight. In no way does this study mean that more weight than that will be okay. I think this was an important study in a culture (USA) that is so confused with health and being aesthetically fit.

depends on what you call overweight. I mean here is me at 93kg. according to the BMI I am overweight. so yes being overweight can lead to a longer life cos your healthy. unless your obese but then I know PTI's in the army who are nearly morbidly obese but thats cos they are full of muscle and weight more. If they go by the BMI I would say its rubbish

For all the haters yes I have a fair bit of body fat at the time this was taken which is about 4 months ago i was about 16% body fat. I am aiming for 95kg before I start stripping. I am an ectomorph so gaining weight for me is bloody hard

299394_10151291698817269_117591685_n.jpg

mate i was the same. it can be done u just got to train and eat everything you look at. look out your window, you see that tree and footpath? eat it. lift heavy and then eat more. dirty bulk as well if you want but mainly eat a shit load of protein. if you weight 60kg try eating like 180g of protein a day. try eat like 3g of protein per body weight. Its taken me years to gain this weight but i did. the great thing for us ectomorphs is when we want to shred or lose body fat its piss easy

This is weird anyways this isn't a good advice for people especially teenagers they will start eating after reading this,

Best way to increase your life is by maintaining your physic.That is why eating healthy is compulsory.

Avoid eating junk food and fast food,Take vegetables and fruits as a greater part of diet that will make your more healthy and active.Avoid oily stuff as much as you can.

This is weird anyways this isn't a good advice for people especially teenagers they will start eating after reading this,

Best way to increase your life is by maintaining your physic.That is why eating healthy is compulsory.

Avoid eating junk food and fast food,Take vegetables and fruits as a greater part of diet that will make your more healthy and active.Avoid oily stuff as much as you can.

what happens if your current physique is skinny and train and low bone density. should you maintain it? No. diet and weight training to fix this not so much running. also some oils are very very good and can help rid your body from all kinds of cardiovascular diseases and high blood pressure. u unsaturated fats are oils

I think it is not true saying that being overweight lead to longer life.

The truth is that overweight or obesity makes the life shorter.

Being overweight lead to various health complications such as onesity, heart problems, high blood pressure, diabetes and many of the others which can cause the early death.

Edited by Gale125

if their judging the weight by the BMR then its all total rubbish. that means most people with a bit of muscle and who work out are classed as overweight. I am classed as overweight according to the BMR and every body builder out there is classed as morbity obease however u spell it.

youre all taking the whole "overweight' thing to the extreme. like stated earlier, 10 - 30 pounds overweight really is doing good when youre up past 50. the word "overweight" was used for a reason instead of "obese"

again it depends on how it classes people overweight. I am near obease however I am 16% bodyfat

A girl I spoke to last night gave me her numbers and I entered it in on the BMI test. Now she has plenty of fat on her and no muscle. muscle is more dense then fat so weighs more. she cant wear a bikini cos she has fat roles and all of that but she is classed as healthy.

If you want to see the bullshit test here is is. enter your numbers in and look at what your BMI number is in relation to the rating on the left.

http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcsite.nsf/pages/bmi

you aren't an ectomorph Spawn old friend.

I would say endo/meso

lol mate You cant change your body type. I am ecto always have been since birth. Tall and skinny, eat whatever I want and find it very hard to gain weight. This is an ectomorph. If I was the other two My build would be much different. If you saw me just a few years ago you would see a very skinny kid who ate nothing but junk food and went out every night partying drinking and never exercised and was like 6% body fat all year round. If I was meso or endo and I ate what I eat now and trained like I do now my build would be much much much different. An ectomorph can get big hell some pro bodybuilders are ectomorphs, it just takes a lot of hard work as they do not gain weight as easy

my shoulders are actually quite thin its just that I have mucle over them now. my BF is due to 7 years of heavy bulking. If I was Meso or endo I would be a huge fat dude

just because someone is no longer a skinny stick does not mean they changed their body tye. you cant. Just becasue someone has some muscle mass and some body fat does not mean they are not an ectomorph.

check out Frank Zane and Flex Wheeler. Both are ectomorphs and look at them. yes less fat then me but thats due to me still bulking. Building muscle is the hardest for ecto's. Harder then fat. I can lose fat with no problem at all in just a few weeks with no exercise but will lose muscle mass as well.

I have posted picks of me when I started on here and how slender I was and where I am now. It just takes a hell of a lot of work

Edited by spawn