Sign in to follow this  
Wallace (DayZ)

Standalone Controls

Hey everyone, only 20 days til DoomsDay!

But just in case that doesn't happpen, my question is will the controls be the same in Standalone? Maybe controls isn't the right word, what I mean is the Player Characters abilities, the way you can lean out from cover, holding right click for zoom, things like that.

I read on the Dev Blog that controls are changing and so is the engine.

I really like how the game feels, I love the Arma 2 Control Scheme, the combat, and the way my character behaves.

I love the realism, the simulation feeling of the controls.

When they say the engine is changing, do they mean they are abandoning the way these things are now completely?

I imagine the controls will change just because we dont need the ArmA 2 controls. For example the space bar is currently set by default to command mode, this isnt even in DayZ so its a useless key by default (I have mine set to speak over direct chat so I can easily shout Friendly! When I bump into someone.). I imagine the things we currently do use in DayZ will remain the same.

Edited by Rooneye

I think they can improve a lot on the transitions, length and smoothness of the animations and possibly make the controls/action menu a little bit/lot more intuitive, I'm really a big fan of geeking out customizing my keys. I really love that each key can be assigned different actions, by different types of key strokes. Single tap, double tap and hold key, plus you can ad shift-modifiers ect.

But it I think the controls will benefit from getting a once over. :)