BrianDayz

Problem with US server 2830 run by Excelsior, Wraith and Meatball

Hi all,

So I was attracted to US2830 because of their whitelist and I started to play Dayz again because of the prospect of no hackers. They created a nice community and there were no hacking incidents while I was playing there. Great server. Good leadership by Excelsior...very fair and moderate. Then I was banned.

So I thought there might be a problem with the whitelister, because they would have minor problems with it. When I tried to inquire about the problem with one of their administrators, Wraith, he didn't initially respond and ignored me. When I was posting on their website to inquire about the whitelister, http://steamcommunit.../groups/US2830#, my posts would be removed. Then I got this message, "

You have been permanently banned from all US2830 discussions.

You were banned by Wraith [DDZ].

Reason: "evidence to show hacking"

So then I knew I was banned. When I inquired why, Wraith (I believe Excelsior was on vacation so Wraith was filling in) told me he had "hard" evidence to show hacking and asked me what I was doing before I logged out. I was in with my brother fixing a motorcycle in Berezino and then I drove it to the North East airfield...then logged off. He said he had screenshots of me doing something and I had no idea what he was talking about! He kept saying own up to it...own up to it...Here's our steam conversation:

Brian: I've never hacked in my life. I am a 38 year old guidance counselor wraith

Brian: this is insulting

Wraith [DDZ]: are you the person that posted "wraith... you have patience man. i've never seen anything quite like it" before you logged?

Wraith [DDZ]: yesterday

Brian: yes

Brian: i posted that

Brian: it was a compliment!

Wraith [DDZ]: that isn't the reason you were removed

Wraith [DDZ]: it's what you were doing b4

Wraith [DDZ]: and you KNOW exactly what it was

Wraith [DDZ]: so, act like a 38 year old man and own up to it

Brian: This is EXACTLY what I was doing wraith, and if you go into the server, there will be evidence.

Wraith [DDZ]: we have the proof. an admin saw it

Wraith [DDZ]: logs and screenshots

Brian: I found a motorcycle in berezino after my brother and I were in the grocery store

Wraith [DDZ]: dude

Brian: he logged because of a poor connection

Wraith [DDZ]: all this does not matter

Wraith [DDZ]: own it

Wraith [DDZ]: move on

Brian: Own what????This is driving me mad

Brian: I really like this server

Brian: just hear me out

Wraith [DDZ]: nothing to hear out

Wraith [DDZ]: we have hard evidence

Brian: i fixed the motorcycle and parked it by the northeast airfield!

Brian: Are you sure you have the right guy???

Brian: i'll even give you the coordinates where I parked it

Brian: if it gets out that you guys are indiscrimnate with bans, its not going to be good to draw people in

Wraith [DDZ]: dude, if you make a stink we will post 8 screenshots along with what you said and it won't look indiscrimnte

Brian: I am curious about these screenshots

Wraith [DDZ]: don't be

Brian: I have a ghille

Brian: did this character have a ghille?

Brian: Wraith, I've played on this server and have never hacked...I wouldn't even know where to begin. Pllease send me some of the screenshots

Wraith [DDZ]: you have done it more than once

Brian: Done what????

Brian: is this something personal?

Wraith [DDZ]: nope

Brian: This is bullshit

Brian: I am going to fight this...You'll here about this on the forums

Wraith [DDZ]: if that is the way you want to go

Wraith [DDZ]: it won't look good for you in the end.. i'm sorry you want to go that way

Brian: you have the wrong guy Wraith. I have nothing to hide. I can and will defend myself. This is pretty silly

Wraith [DDZ]: ok

So...this is a game. I get that. But its a game that I've invested many hours into and have even reported the virtues of it with my friends who I have recruited to the server. It's nice to have a home server and not have to bounce around all the time. When I get banned with no rational other than "own it" it is upsetting and the community needs to hear about it. I play the game clean. If this can happen to me...it can certainly happen to you. So it would be wise to not sink in time and energy into this server.

I have people within the server who can vouch for me too, as I've rolled with them numerous times:

Bradley

Mike Blade

Falcon

Barry

TJ

Omega

I can be contacted at Bj.oconnell74@gmail.com

• Like 1

I have played with Brian on the old US 2830 and he is a great guy. We played countless hours and gathered tons of loot. He has never showed ANY form of cheating or hacking or the intent to, and expresses his hate for hackers and cheaters which is what drew us to a white-listed server in the first place. Something weird is going on here and if a mistake was made then, the admins on US 2830 need to own up to it.

-MATHELIEUS

• Like 1

over the past week or two 2830 has had an issue with reports of a few users hacking. most people on the server will attest to this as an admin i have taken it upon myself to help clear it up as we have lost members over it.

i find spots far out of the way (off the map) and sit while watching the admin map tool where i can clearly see the paths that people take. i never use this tool for my own purposes and am alt-tabbed out of the game. i only have used it when i am out of game or when in game sitting far away from people or camps. it is clear when somebody makes a straight line right to me MORE than once.

Brian's movements clearly show he is using something like navigator as an aid to find me. when he was in the range of a hundred meters or so i simply left the game and went to the lobby to avoid any actions that would give me an unfair advantage because i was using the admin tool. he then was clearly annoyed that he came all that way and seconds before he logged off the server he typed the following in side chat:

"before i go would like to say one thing"

"wraith you have patience man"

"i've never seen anything quite like it"

why would he have said this right at that time? i never really talk to him other than to say hello. why am i patient? because he knew i was just sitting there all that time. he was frustrated that he came all that way and i logged out...

i was just doing what i thought was best to help clean up the server. this is in no way abuse. i didn't use the tool to attack, i was sitting alt-tabbed out of the game doing my best to remove what hurts our game. there is no other way to combat navigator use when battle eye can't detect it.

Edited by Wraith DDZ
  • Like 2

Wow. This is a HUGE unfair advantage...given that you are a KNOWN PVP player. All you do is hunt people on the server wraith...and with this tool...jesus. Incontravertible proof huh? Well how about this...thats my base that you advertised to the community. I had a bike buried in the trees, I had a white 4 door sedan in the area. I also have two tents in the area. Could it be that I was bringing the motorcylcle back to hide it near my base and then go to the tents to drop off some stuff? I am unsure if it is within your capability as an administrator to remove my tents to get rid of the proof, but I can show Excelsior that I had a BASE up there. Thats why I went up there you fool. When Excelsior gets back from vacation he is going to give you a spanking. You did some real damage here.

And yes, I want to hunt you. Everyone on the SERVER wants to hunt you as you are the best. You are the prize. People respect you (or respected you...knowing that you have this tool might change some things.) Especially if they start to get close and you bail out so that noone kills you. You've, in effect, ruined this server for the DDZ group when this gets out. I feel badly for Excelsior and everything he has worked hard to achieve.

Basically I see this as a ban because an admin was afraid of me and my skills so he wants to remove a threat to his Dayz existence. In a way, I take this a compliment :)

• Like 1

I didn't even realise admins had access to such a map, I know we have access to the hive but a proper map? Wow. I thought the whole point of DayZ was the random encounters that you had along the way. Hackers and abuse of admin power can easily destroy a mod and from what I've read on these forums there is a lot of it happening right now.

This is kind of a shameless plug if you are looking for a new whitelisted server then check out my signature for details.

Edited by Forceh
  • Like 1

so your a pvper with admin ability to see where people are at and you are considered best on that server........... ya, anyone can be the best with that ability to see where people are.

All I see on that map is 2 green dots with no solid proof of who they are.... you say one is your and other is him but in end I still see just 2 green dots and MS Paint circles

• Like 2

As an admin, I spend waaay more time outside of the game vs playing the game. Either doing little maintenance things or reading up on fixes, changes, etc. or just simply observing play using that map. While inside the game, I absolutely do not use that as an advantage at all because it actually would take away from the game.

Yes, we have had issues with reports of remarkable things being done by people, so we have been paying closer attention. There is no reasonable explanation for what was observed of Brian other than Navigator use. I have seen this program in use before on a computer and it is blatantly overpowered. The one that we have for Bliss is there more for easier spawn point adds/removes and to correct vehicle issues on the server. This is way better than having NOTHING at all and having to rely on script kiddies.

Wraith did pass the information to me and "I" am the one who removed you from the whitelist. You are welcome to attack me for this all day, the removal will stand.

• Like 3

So be it. Just know that this witchhunt is going to lose you a base following. I had a base around there and I could have shown it to you, should you have been more judicious with your ban. I was loyal to your server and did nothing wrong. Now the community will be the judge of server 2830. You people disgust me.

Well, I have had no problems in this server. I have seen PvPs, PvEs, Traders and Medics that try to help everyone they can trust. Unfortunately, there may be some bad apples that need to be thrown out. I love the fact these Admins protect the rest of the community.

Good Luck Brian in future gaming... I sure enjoyed trading you a mak for a dmr :)

• Like 2

Thank you Excelsior for removing the clearly rotten apples over the past week or so and being such a helpful admin! I'm happy to be on a server where the admins work so hard in a thankless job to try and make a place where we can play with out dealing with all the BS.

• Like 2

That is obvious use of DayZ Navigator. It is a map hack for those of you that don't know, basically a better version of what some admins have access too. Props to ExcelsiorDDZ for upholding his ban. To many admins are afraid of people complaining on the forums. Brian you used a map hack its pretty damn obvious, just because you didn't spawn in gear or teleport doesn't mean it isn't cheating.

Edited by Pegz
  • Like 4

Pegz...are you a moron? Or are you just ignorant? I am not sure which is worse for you but you have no idea what you are talking about...Go away little child.

Pegz...are you a moron? Or are you just ignorant? I am not sure which is worse for you but you have no idea what you are talking about...Go away little child.

So your defense of your obvious cheating is insulting others? Let me know how that works for you bud.

• Like 3