rocket

New Dev Blog Report: November 2012

I had a wide grin when I read that you can find more clothing.

• Like 13

Shit.. You beat me to the first post Rage :(

And very nice. Thank you, Sir Rocket.

Oh god.

What have I done? D:

• Like 3

cool - stopped playing while waiting for standalone, get it right and see you all in the new year (if it slips that far).

• Like 3

Minecraft is the best game ever created imo :)

Dayz is a close 2nd :)

Minecraft is a very good game to follow :)

Edited by jaytmuk
  • Like 1

good news , i hope the servers gonna be able to support 64 players with no lag/and no 15min connection.

hope that not gonna be delayed in something like february.

but good job.

• Like 1

"lose" damn typo. Don't write blog updates at 1am.

• Like 9

No more gamma exploiting :) Will Line Of Sight also be handled server-side? I imagine that is going to to make cheating a lot more difficult. How will these architectural changes affect things like hit-detection?

good news , i hope the servers gonna be able to support 64 players with no lag/and no 15min connection.

I think Rocket posted on Reddit that with the new architecture a server that currently supports 40-50 players would be capable of supporting something like 100-300 now.

From testing with 175 player DayZ servers we believe more than 150 players is too many for a map the size of Chernarus. While ChernarusPlus does have slightly more usable space, I still believe our current design will likely peak at 150
Edited by smasht_AU

Excellent and exciting news. One question: Squad/Clan logos on clothes?

Duuuude. Imagine that. Killing a clan member, swiping his jacket and stealing from their supplies without them knowing? o:

• Like 6

No more gamma exploiting :) Will Line Of Sight also be handled server-side? I imagine that is going to to make cheating a lot more difficult. How will these architectural changes effect hit-detection?

I think Rocket posted on Reddit that with the new architecture a server that currently supports 40-50 players would be capable of supporting something like 100-300 now.

Currently loot spawns in a wide radius as a player enters a town (loot area), Wouldnt it be far more benefitial server wise and player comp wise to have loot spawn inside a container (ie- wardrobe,chest, locker) when a player engages with it?

• Like 5

Excellent and exciting news. One question: Squad/Clan logos on clothes?

I'd like to know the answer to this too!
  • Like 1

All this talk about steam makes me sad about not getting a box release. Would buy a special collectors edition, with a cool map, dogtags, some beans... As well as morphine and a bit of flesh from an infected. Vacuum sealed of course.

• Like 2

All this talk about steam makes me sad about not getting a box release. Would buy a special collectors edition, with a cool map, dogtags, some beans... As well as morphine and a bit of flesh from an infected. Vacuum sealed of course.

It's all that crap or the game, really. We'll do that stuff later, once the game is finished and some uber special boxed edition is done for the Xbox72000 and the PS^5 or something.

• Like 23

Ahhh - fresh air. Even if no pics or videos have been posted, I must say its nice to be informed for a possible slip, what to expect, how it will be released - and just see that they are all still alive.

Ty Rocket.

It's all that crap or the game, really. We'll do that stuff later, once the game is finished and some uber special boxed edition is done for the Xbox72000 and the PS^5 or something.

Bugger the uber special boxed edition, a plain old XBLA release will do just fine! ;P