person915

A Cruel Mistress!

O fate! O cruel mistress, harbringer of death and destruction!

It was so sudden.

A few days ago, it had been something of an honor I bestowed upon myself to protect those in Elektro. Not only for them, but for myself, who found that after so long holding position in DayZ still had not had a kill was somewhat of an embarrassment.

I had gone down to Solinichy to get supplies for my ATV which later I decided was pointless keeping as it flipped all the time and only broke what I strove to fix even more, and upon logging back in from the previous night, was soon combated with the pressing sound of gunfire.

Not but moments later did I lie dead next to a tree on the mainland, across from Otmel. I spawned there. With wits as sharp as I tack I hit the deck, searching for my aggressor. He did not show. I swam over with the company of a zombie who thought it wise to follow me. He was soon left behind, not apting to the challenge. I viewed my old self lying on the ground, debating whether to for this once break my code of conduct and take back my things which had been so abruptly taken from me. I took my matches and then stopped. Putting back the matches, I continued up the hill toward Elektro, eager to start my legacy once more, and find the man that killed me.

Little did I know that he would actually be there, and that I actually would find him.

Exploring the firestation, supermarket, and school, I found 2 bodies among them, one of which had an M4A1 CCO. Alarmed that one who had such goods had been taken down and in the position he was in, I armed myself with the gun, taking note of his 13 bullets left in the clip. grabbing 3 more from local staches.

Then, I went to the pub across from the school. Holding shift and my hopes there that no one would see me, I ventured across the road.

"Graaaygh!"

The sound penetrated my ears. The translation: "Get up in the pub, climb the stairs, and kill anything that tries to get in!" Doing so, I take up position and wait for them to flood in.

I see a zombie zip past the door, now expecting them to arrive at any moment. They did not come.

The thought surfaced back to the front of my mind to the barrel of my gun. "I'm in Elektrovask." There was a player, attracting the zombies. Preparing for what might ensue, I set my gun to auto and waited.

They say that when things get real, things have a way of slowing down, allowing you to see every grotesque detail. In this case, there was a flash, and I quickly identify a player with some sort of AK, coming up the stairs. Luckily, he was right on my crosshairs. Firing, about 10 shots penetrated his torso, then following moved up to his face when he continued up the stairway, then stopped to fire at me as well.

My screen turned black and white. I noticed the 15 now apparent at the top-right corner of my screen. Also apparent, was the obituary at the opposite corner.

Hammerman has been killed

I did not have time to ponder this happening. Zombies were flooding in, and I, with broken legs, was bleeding on flashing blood. Crawling away, the zombies did not detect me at first glance, which is why I presume they gave me mercy, as I surely would have been in trouble had they decided to attack.

Hearing more footsteps and fearing for retribution from a nearby ally, I took myself to the end of a long hallway, barrel gleaming from the overhead light that shone through the windows. I bandaged myself. It seemed I was bleeding from multiple places. After consuming half my bandages, I was no longer bleeding, and on consuming my canned goods, now was not blinking. But I wasn't out of the woods yet. I still had broken legs.

Nervous, I ventured down the steps to explore the man I had just eliminated. I got morphine, used it, now glad that I could walk. Knowing the dangers of going outside with red blood, I decided to keep myself alive longer and stay inside, fearing that narcolepsy would take its hold whilst I pursued my freedom.

Still warm from the adrenaline spiking in my system, I noticed he had some gear that I had previously. He had an M1911, all the same tools, and an AK, which could have very well been the weapon that killed me.

But my body had not been looted when I got to it. Either this was not the man or he came back and looted me afterward.

Analyzing, I wondered if I had done the right thing. I'd always held myself to be a hero. Here, I had just shot a man. I piled up the details.

-after I had crossed the road, well in sight, he had agro'd some zombies

-upon entering the building, he had glanced at the first room, then continued toward the stairs, where I was. He must have felt pressured by the zombies following and for that reason did not check the stairs, as he probably assumed I was unaware of his presence as well.

-he made no attempts to contact me

-he shot at me as well

There is me, wondering if I had killed a bandit.

I suppose though, that I got what I asked for. I wanted a kill on my belt, and I got one, though a survivor, not a bandit. It might have been vengence, or he might have been someone else. All I know is that I killed a man, and now I'm going to have to live with that. It's going to be one party getting a hero skin now...

• Like 4

I am amazed you can make such an enthralling story of such a simple tale. I bet you could write about what you had for breakfast and make it interesting.

• Like 1

I am amazed you can make such an enthralling story of such a simple tale. I bet you could write about what you had for breakfast and make it interesting.

Not particularly, unless eyeballs surfaced out of the cereal bowl and started blinking. But that isn't too original nowadays.

Ugh.. now I'm kind of creeped out. Good thing I ran out of cereal two days ago...

Not particularly, unless eyeballs surfaced out of the cereal bowl and started blinking. But that isn't too original nowadays.

Ugh.. now I'm kind of creeped out. Good thing I ran out of cereal two days ago...

Not a fan of cereal, myself.

Hope your friend helped you out. Just super bad timing with the hacker, otherwise my mates or I could've helped. Best of luck out there.

On topic, great story. I've only killed once myself, and I take it with a heavy heart. It's strange the feelings this game can give you.

Hope your friend helped you out. Just super bad timing with the hacker, otherwise my mates or I could've helped. Best of luck out there.

On topic, great story. I've only killed once myself, and I take it with a heavy heart. It's strange the feelings this game can give you.

I'll be coming to the TS later today, my friend would have helped me but my server connection to ALL servers went up to where I got kicked within 5 minutes, even if I only ran required system background processes and then just DayZ. He said he might not be on today, so I'm counting on you guys to get the job done. It's gonna be a kicker if my first kill warrants my first death too.