Sign in to follow this  
Stabin

Please create step-by-step guide how to install @DayZ 1.7.4.4 properly

I could not find a new guide on installing a new version of @DayZ here and on YouTube. Who can create it for Steam version? I will be very grateful. MrTamaster92 I hope to see your video here =)

Friday N thats all??? Thanks alot, but your post can't help me. Three times I'm reinstalled this game, used dayzcommander and six-updater. And finally got same problems: black "Loading" screen or kicked off from @DayZ servers.

Hi Stabin, as people have said above, simply download DayzCommander and click install. I however do not believe your problem is with the Dayz installation but rather the servers you are trying to connect to.

Once you have installed DAYZ, use dayzommander to filter out non-same versions etc that you have installed, this will ensure that you are trying to connect to a server with the right version. Importantly make sure you are trying to connect to a low ping server, this means a server that is located close to you, you are looking for a ping time of < 100 to ensure you wont get kicked every few minutes.

Give this a whirl.

Edited by Arch

Stabin, Dayzcommander does it all, check under SETTINGS (up top beside install/update). Make sure you check the following checkboxes -

Launch using Steam (if you use Steam)

Replace original ARMA2OA files with Beta so Steam Works.

Thats really it, its quite simple.

Edited by Arch

Arch thank you for answer. I hope it help me. But what about of arma2oa.exe file and install latest Arma 2 beta patch?

Hi Stabin, my previous response will explain how to handle the replacement of the arma2oa.exe (check the box and let dayzcommander do it for you). You can update the beta patch the same way as you update dayz, click the update button beside it in dayzcommander. Follow the prompts when you do. Every time there is a patch update etc for dayz.. I have to do it on 5 computers...

Arch ...so:

1) Download Arma 2, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead and Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead Beta via Steam

2) Download and install Dayzcommander

3) Install @DayZ 1.7.4.4 via "install/update" option into Dayzcommander.

4) Select checkboxes "Launch using Steam" & "Replace original ARMA2OA files with Beta so Steam Works"

5) Select same-version servers and enjoy.

I understand correctly? =)

Close :)

1) Yes, except I dont install the Operation Arrowhead BETA

2) Yes

3) Dont forget to install the latest beta patch. Basically, under install/update install the top 3 and make sure they say (up to date). Dont worry about additional mods at this stage.

4) Yes

5) Make sure you are connecting to a server that says 1.7.4.4 under the version and also make sure the server's ping is under 100. <100.

Ahhhhh I forgot to add and assumed you were having problems with newer versions of Dayz, if this is your very first time installing it then make sure that you run ARMA2 by itself once and arma2 operation arrowhead by itself once. This needs to be done to ensure that your key is registered and all registry entries are updated. Otherwise you will get bad key messages etc.

B) finally:

1) Download Arma 2, Arma 2: Operation Arrowhead via Steam and run once to register keys.

2) Download and install Dayzcommander

3) Install @DayZ 1.7.4.4 and latest beta patch via "install/update" option into Dayzcommander.

4) Select checkbox "Replace original ARMA2OA files with Beta so Steam Works"

5) Select same-version servers with low ping (<100ms) and enjoy.

heh, step-by-step guide created :thumbsup: :)

Arch , thank you man, I'll try it tomorrow!

Edited by Stabin

OMG! It's working nice! Now I can join all servers!!! Thanks a lot! :thumbsup: ;)