rocket

Build 1.7.4.4 Rolling Update

Haven't played since about 2 months ago, I'm just a little curious as what happens when i get internet and log in after not playing since the switch over to community developement. Currently I have Ghillie suit, DMR, MOD 48K and some other basic supplies, I'm kinda worried I will log in and my character will explode, spawn in mid air or end up naked in the ocean or forest or something crazy. (mostly worried about the bloody ghillie suit). Any thoughts for what will happen when im back online? :huh:

But what are these?

[NEW] class Mi17_TK_EP1 Now Unbanned. (Mi17_DZ)

* [NEW] An2_TK_EP1 Now Unbanned.(AN2_DZ)

So I'm a fireman...not a programmer. I rented a server from gameservers.com so my friends and I could play.in a place of our own. We haven't had problems with battleye until this update, so I have a couple questions, I hope they are well received and I don't get blasted like some of the people I see on this forum.

What exactly, in the simplest syntax possible, do I have to do to fix this script 40 41 45 issue?

Will these new vehicles spawn on their own? I saw a post about updating a hive...but didn't understand it.

Thanks to anyone with the patience to help a total noob.

Mi17 is a chopper.

It''s being tested on DayZ.nu - SE1 and SE2 before being rolled out on all servers.

AN2 is the airplane, might be fun too - but hard to land ;)

• Like 2

So I'm a fireman...not a programmer. I rented a server from gameservers.com so my friends and I could play.in a place of our own. We haven't had problems with battleye until this update, so I have a couple questions, I hope they are well received and I don't get blasted like some of the people I see on this forum.

What exactly, in the simplest syntax possible, do I have to do to fix this script 40 41 45 issue?

Will these new vehicles spawn on their own? I saw a post about updating a hive...but didn't understand it.

Thanks to anyone with the patience to help a total noob.

Gameservers should be able to help you. It depends on which scripts.txt / remoteexec.txt they run.

• Like 1

Why you so serious? :)

About night scoping of pigs and rabbits it was just irony, of course, we seek threats.

But there's another matter to discuss.

A bit of input from an ex L85 / AS50 user.

1. L85 to scan around cherno, find any targets approaching.

2. switch to AS50, 1 hit kill.

What's the purpose of this? Your DayZ just shooting valley simulator?

Like DayZ motto says "This is your story". Your story must be dull as hell, if you do this.

sounds like some herp-derp statistics. it's hard to imagine someone keeping track of this since May if you play regularly. and ultimately your experience is anecdotal. if you've been lucky, then you've been lucky, but that doesn't mean other haven't been 'unlucky'

So? I have symmetric feelings about your 'unlucky' statistics. You keep track about every L85 or just a sniper kills? Even if it is, can you explain, why do you need to move in the most popular sniper places? You love the way the snipers kill you? :)

About experience - it's not hard to recall, because each death after weeks of careful play is always a event to remember. If you don't want to repeat past mistakes.

obviously the L85 is very useful, and gives an individual or squad an advantage. that's why it was removed. rocket decided to put it in the game, and then he decided to take it out.

Ok. One more time.

L85. It's useful. Gives advantage. Advantage must me removed. Removed.

.50cal. It's useful. Oneshooter. Gives advantage. Advantage must me removed?

DMR (night optics)? M4 (silenced)? Why not? Try to explain it without referring to Rocket words, please. I'm very intrigued about your personal ideas.

if you've been playing since May, then no doubt you remember the shit-storm when he removed the starting makarov. but never the less, life and DayZ went on...

I don't care so much about starting makarov, because after start you get what you want from friends, tents or generic loot in a half an hour.

But i really care about removing hitech hardware because it like dismembering. 'Unlucky' losers can't win this straight and they try to moaning and whining here and there in hope, that "advantage" will be removed and they can feel yourself safely.

They just don't realyse simple idea.

Victory in battle makes not weapon, but people. And while crybabes cry instead of try, learn and act something new, they always be 'unlucky statistics'.

• Like 4

Well let me start off by saying to the community modders. Thank you for this patch it is great, I am glad to see some new vehicles int he game for me to hunt down. My Opinion on the L85, I enjoyed having the gun but do realize that this gun is a little overpowered so I can see as to why it was removed. The streetlight argument, Well as much as I love realism in games....I cannot stand playing at night on DAYZ. It's not because its hard to see, flares and flashlights solve that problem. Its the fact that if I use a flare/Flashlight (loose pistol when doing this)/Chemlight you have everyone within a mile staring at your location KNOWING where you are. Street lights in the major cities would allow us to move about without alerting the entire server that you are checking out the convenience store. This is why i don't play on night servers, I SO enjoy the aspect of playing at night.....but alas the risk is crazy high, not entirely worth it in my opinion. So rocket i beseech you this once let a realism issue slide and allow the players some ways of entering the night time realm of DAYZ without getting our heads sniped of with DMR weilding NVG hoarding electro sniper hill camping tools. (I used to be one of those tools till i realised how much more fun holding someone up is....:D making them beg for mercy)

Big fan,

Scopeshot

Why you so serious? :)

About night scoping of pigs and rabbits it was just irony, of course, we seek threats.

But there's another matter to discuss.

What's the purpose of this? Your DayZ just shooting valley simulator?

Like DayZ motto says "This is your story". Your story must be dull as hell, if you do this.

So? I have symmetric feelings about your 'unlucky' statistics. You keep track about every L85 or just a sniper kills? Even if it is, can you explain, why do you need to move in the most popular sniper places? You love the way the snipers kill you? :)

About experience - it's not hard to recall, because each death after weeks of careful play is always a event to remember. If you don't want to repeat past mistakes.

Ok. One more time.

L85. It's useful. Gives advantage. Advantage must me removed. Removed.

.50cal. It's useful. Oneshooter. Gives advantage. Advantage must me removed?

DMR (night optics)? M4 (silenced)? Why not? Try to explain it without referring to Rocket words, please. I'm very intrigued about your personal ideas.

I don't care so much about starting makarov, because after start you get what you want from friends, tents or generic loot in a half an hour.

But i really care about removing hitech hardware because it like dismembering. 'Unlucky' losers can't win this straight and they try to moaning and whining here and there in hope, that "advantage" will be removed and they can feel yourself safely.

Victory in battle makes not weapon, but people. And while crybabes cry instead of try, learn and act something new, they always be 'unlucky statistics'.

Sir i can understand your anger. I my last L-85 i will ever carry in my backpack. It is one of my favorite tools to scouting ahead, ensuring that my path is clear to moving from town to town. And the thing about the l85, well it has a advantage that no other gun compares to. The m4 silenced...It is quiet but that does not give you a extreme advantage. The scope on the DMR (Military grade- m14) was designed to allow a operator with NVG's to be able to see through the scope while still wearing their nvg's Once again its not a huge advantage tho.

The thermal on my pretty l85...well it basically tells me where people are with no effort. The advantage is to great for a weapon in my opinion. But to each their own.

I still have an L85 on me on my public hive game.

If servers upgrade to 1.7.4, does the L85 disappear, or does the game become "I Am Legend", where the L85 is the Legend?

This is true, but...

All high powered military guns should be removed...the most power gun there should be is a DMR...

• Like 2

All high powered military guns should be removed...the most power gun there should be is a DMR...

Ye-ye, Mr Another Expert coming up.

I bet, you didn't ever know that in most of post-soviet countries civilian firearms banned with little exceptions, аnd there is only military pro tech or expencive hunting gear available?

L85 AWS was the best counter sniper weapon imho. Why take this out and leave two 50cals in? Just makes them more OP...

• Like 1

the simple idea is that it's gone

the 'AWS' isn't even a real sight

Ridiculous. An icon that tells you whether there are players nearby and that breaks immersion.

This is a lot better, and not difficult to do.

It doesnt tell if a player is near.

If you get shot at, you HEAR the bullet telling you that a player is near anyway.

You only get put in combat if

1. you are 15m within where the bullet hit

2. you shot ..

Nowhere does it reveal more than what you can figure out from simply listening.

• Like 5

Thanks for the input guys :)

We're aware of most of the issues, and the workarounds are written previously in the thread.

If you still have issues either contact your gameserver provider, or re-read our installation guides.

Locking this thread for now until more updates are made, or any big changes are made.

Minor update: Mi17 and AH6X is now rolled out on public hive. Servers should start seeing them in spawn rotation after restarting servers.

Hi Guys,

We now have a test release to fix the server side crash some admins have been getting. If your getting a crash issue server side could you plz give this a try and report any issues on github.

CrashFix Download:

https://github.com/d...4(CrashFix).zip

Report issues here:

https://github.com/R...ZMod/issues/115

DO NOT USE IF YOU'RE NOT SUFFERING FROM SERVER SIDE CRASHES

• Like 4