boneboys

DayZ PS4 Discussion

Cant wait for this to hit PS4, been a huge fan.  Well done on making an epic game. Keep up the awesome work.

Im so sad that ps4 dont have the beta, I would pay for that

On 12.08.2014 at 9:51 PM, Wesjuh said:

Am  i the only one who likes Dayz is coming to the PS4? Guys, if console ppl buys it there will be more money for development sothis is a good thing.

Yeeeahh am so happy(no) because today 2018 December 26,  and we still don't have nothing 

Nope it hasn't.

Any news yet when we can expect a PS4 release / beta ?

On 8/12/2014 at 7:08 PM, gibonez said:

Ill add a counter point.

It is the worst possible thing to happen to dayz.

• Being on a console they have to make considerations for console players thus limiting the game on pc.
  • Being on console they have to restrict the controls to the very limited functions of a controller
  • Being on console now they are diverting resources and money much of which came from pc gamers into a console version.
  • Being on console the game will now be dumbed down to meet the pallete of the average console gamer. IE. Caliber dumbing down and reluctance to add 5.45x39, 9x18 makarov and 7.62x54r

The news of a console port of dayz is not good for anyone but Sony. It will only end up with a Dayz that is only half as pc focused as it could have been.

The game will get dumbed down even further now

I guess you were wrong eh! 

I too would be very interested to know a PS4 release date. I cant believe I have been following this game for 5 years and still waiting to play on a console. I was an original DayZ standalone purchaser but cant play games on a PC, controls are all whack. Any update on PS4 release date??

• Like 1

Been waiting for this game for years and just got it 3 days ago and to be honest I love it. I welcome the bugs b/c not only does it mean to bugs will be fix but the game will continue to move forward and add more and more diverse features this game is already one of a kind. I feel like people are reacting ignorantly b/c they ask for a game like this but they don’t know how difficult it is to make it perfect and I know that one day it will be there and be more than what I could have ever imagined. I here to support the game and it’s progress into the future.

• Like 2

This game is really a nice and challenging one and given it´s so long out there, this Proofs it´s working (the concept, the idear and the sand box).

The main difference (and thanks we did not get cross play with PC players) is the controller handling. Now it´s much more difficult to manover the stick to the target then to Point and Klick with a mouse.

So crossplay would unbalance the PVP ellement for the disadvantage of controller Players.

But next to that it´s great and I also apprechiate that just the Stand alone Version was implemented and not a degraded shoter Version for consoles.

Great Job done!

Now finally it would be great, if the Bugs related to handing over loot, droping loot on the Floor and loosing it therefore and the lags (sometimes) could be repaired with one of the next updates?

I really like this game and I have played many.

Edited by CPUTestUnit
  • Like 1

There is bugs but i think the biggest issue is server hopping you should not be able to hop from server to server and keep ur loot if u hop to a new server you should have to start all over from the coast

There is bugs but i think the biggest issue is server hopping you should not be able to hop from server to server and keep ur loot if u hop to a new server you should have to start all over from the coast

10 hours ago, Xogooberok said:

if u hop to a new server you should have to start all over from the coast

I think that would be good as it would also mean to add the need to survive the night and to get sticked to your sourunding and situation instead of hooping out of a dangerous Situation, but the game is not readdy for it now, as you get kicked from Servers from time to time and you also see Servers restarting within some minuts. So this then would mean, if you had a sync loss or get kicked from the Server, you would need to wait until this Server gets online again or start a new carrer instead.

That would possibly be to much for many Players and they would get bored and drop the game.

So you possibly would need to say, no more then 3 Server changes per session or something similar.

On 8/12/2014 at 1:57 PM, fnal said:

Love how everyone is an expert in video game development, publishing, and marketing.

Hahaha 

5 hours ago, BeyonderG0D said:

Hahaha

Are you complaining that Players share their thoughts here or why do you point out that words been spoken 5 years ago?

Also the post was done 5 years ago, so there was no console verison to compare and discuss, so it is a different level now.

It might be that some of the people Posting here have worked in this Arena before (like me for example).

Just saying so you can consider. 

Edited by CPUTestUnit

3 hours ago, CPUTestUnit said:

Are you complaining that Players share their thoughts here or why do you point out that words been spoken 5 years ago?

Also the post was done 5 years ago, so there was no console verison to compare and discuss, so it is a different level now.

It might be that some of the people Posting here have worked in this Arena before (like me for example).

Just saying so you can consider. 

Where do you even see me complaining over a haha?.....what.....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thats good then.

It gave me the Impression as this is a realy old post which surely made a lot of sense when it was formed but the conditions changed  a bit.

Never mind, got it wrong then,

Please accept my appologies.

Edited by CPUTestUnit

I have been playing Dayz on the ps4 since the day it came to ps4. I had fun with it at first but when you really start to play, you realize it is just a buggy mess. 1. When you win in with a scope or binoculars the screen will become white and remain that until you sit there for a solid 10 seconds and continuing will make the world call apart. 2. Whenever you shoot the game freezes and your character will either be stuck and you can't win or move or you will blindly move around. 3. Exiting cars will put you under the map and you will have to close app to save yourself or if that doesn't work you will freeze to death. 4. People are duplicating pretty much everything because of how character inventories save through servers. 5. Not really a big but when you lock doors after the server resets all of your valuables are right there just waiting to be taken. 6. Fire barrels and car trunks both will if inventory exceeds size of the screen the inventory camera will begin to bug having you take everything out just to get canned bacon. 7. You are not able to take loot out of the storage through any means and it will remain there forever waisting space. 8. Just a small loot spawn thing but suppressors are to weak but the spawn rate is good . 9. Invisible items on the ground that other players cannot see. 10 loot on players despawns to quickly and needs to be increased.

Yes, there is really some Bugs. Also with weapons your not able to pick up anymore and so on, So I too hope they get it sorted.

How ever, the good thing is, the Bugs Count for everyone. So while you wait for your scope to empty the milk that ran into it, your Opponent does the same. So somehow ist not adding unbalanced ellements at least.

I trie to see it as a burden but one I have to deal with in this appocaliptic ingame world until I am lucky and it gets fixed...

Edited by CPUTestUnit

I'm sat at work, and really want to know if 1.4 has dropped? 

Its going to be a long day..

28 minutes ago, Pud80 said:

I'm sat at work, and really want to know if 1.4 has dropped? 

Its going to be a long day..

It will considering it’s not being dropped today 😉

Ah well, enough with the wishful thinking... So we thinking its going to be tue-wed this week? 

Yeah, the PS4 will have update 1.04 this week (but not Monday)!!  Very exciting to have a fresh slate and start grinding for that gear again.

With it being a total wipe, Will we all end up back on the beach?

I found the only LAR I've ever had in the game on Sunday, and I'm going to lose it now..

But I suppose its worth it in the long run with the chance of getting better guns spawning again once loot table is reset, and back to normal.

With the ability to now rent a server, I hope the PS4 community gets a bit of the PC folk way of playing with people putting out friendly areas, traders, factions. 

I looked at the cost and god dam! Its expensive to rent a 100 slot server for a few months, the year is just short of a grand on the page I was looking at. 

Danger Close | Livonia [EU/US][Discord][Events][PVP]

Myself and my friends have just started our new server on PS4 with 66 slots.

We want to create a server that’s fun and free for everyone to play. We look to create a community, not just a load of randoms.

This has been created as the last server we played ended up being pay to play.

We have started a discord community that you can find when logging into the server for the first time.

Perfect time to join now with fresh loot! So what are you waiting for!

This game is a fucking glitch fest dumpster fire of a game! They have the gall to ask $50 for this heap of trash!

Food/water meter drops way too rapidly, sometimes i cant put items into my inventory even tho I'm spam clicking square, I have to put the stupid pants in my hands first then i can take the items and put them in my inventory! HOW STUPID AND BROKEN?! I tried eating a pristine pear to save my fucking life but the dial cut out and my guy refused to eat the pear and I died. 

This game just makes me so frustrated everytime i try to play.

TRASH.

I'm building a pc and getting tarkov and staying the hell away from this.