boneboys

DayZ PS4 Discussion

DayZ coming to the console is a very good thing, especially for those who don't want to buy a proper computer for running todays games.  They can just buy a console for $400-$500 or however much they are which is at least $1000 less than a decent gaming computer.

DayZ coming to the console is a very good thing, especially for those who don't want to buy a proper computer for running todays games.  They can just buy a console for $400-$500 or however much they are which is at least $1000 less than a decent gaming computer.

Not strictly true. You can build a desktop for $500 that will run most brand new games at medium settings in 720-1080p/30 FPS like consoles do.

The only real advantage of console gaming is its plug in and play nature.

Not strictly true. You can build a desktop for $500 that will run most brand new games at medium settings in 720-1080p/30 FPS like consoles do.

Not all games on the console are locked at 30 fps.  Also, you're better off buying a PS4 or an Xbox One for $500 to have better and smoother graphics and gameplay.  Myself personally would rather shell out $2500+ to build a very good gaming computer

Edited by leader.one

Not all games on the console are locked at 30 fps.  Also, you're better off buying a PS4 or an Xbox One for $500 to have better and smoother graphics and gameplay.  Myself personally would rather shell out $2500+ to build a very good gaming computer

Of course if you have the budget for a high end system then go for it, but a well balanced desktop machine in the same price range as one of the "next-gen" consoles will outperform them.

Of course if you have the budget for a high end system then go for it, but a well balanced desktop machine in the same price range as one of the "next-gen" consoles will outperform them.

Exactly. But that is also when you are buying everything brand new and generally not assembling it yourself. Everyone has a friend that's into this stuff and trust me THEY LOVE TALKING ABOUT IT! You should always seek guidance and it could save you a lot of money. If willing to have the patience and source parts new and second-hand your costs are cut down drastically and make the PS4 look like your TiVo/Sky Digibox or whatever equivalent cultural reference.

IMG-20150811-WA0000.jpg

This 6gb crossfire was assembled for less than 800 of your American dollars as of the exchange rate today. He sourced everything over a period of around 4 months I think. And technology is not as cheap and readily available here as it is in most places. What's not in the picture is his little temperature (constant 21C) and humidity(It's Ireland!) gauges which hang below the desk. He added the carbon fibre effect just for style.

As a result, I have decided that I'm selling all my consoles and blu-rays to fund a decent gaming rig. My nephew (16 when he built that monster above, 17 now), of all people, has educated me in the ways of prudent computer building and with his and Googles help I'm going to assemble a future-proofed machine for circa $1000 that will finally let me get shot after hours of hard grind for no justified reason or warning in glorious high-FPS conditions. :)

• Like 1

Exactly. But that is also when you are buying everything brand new and generally not assembling it yourself. Everyone has a friend that's into this stuff and trust me THEY LOVE TALKING ABOUT IT! You should always seek guidance and it could save you a lot of money. If willing to have the patience and source parts new and second-hand your costs are cut down drastically and make the PS4 look like your TiVo/Sky Digibox or whatever equivalent cultural reference.

This 6gb crossfire was assembled for less than 800 of your American dollars as of the exchange rate today. He sourced everything over a period of around 4 months I think. And technology is not as cheap and readily available here as it is in most places. What's not in the picture is his little temperature (constant 21C) and humidity(It's Ireland!) gauges which hang below the desk. He added the carbon fibre effect just for style.

As a result, I have decided that I'm selling all my consoles and blu-rays to fund a decent gaming rig. My nephew (16 when he built that monster above, 17 now), of all people, has educated me in the ways of prudent computer building and with his and Googles help I'm going to assemble a future-proofed machine for circa $1000 that will finally let me get shot after hours of hard grind for no justified reason or warning in glorious high-FPS conditions. :)

I wouldn't recommend buying prebuilt to anyone. It's very, very easy to assemble your own rig, even more so if you have someone to help you select the best components for your budget.

Consoles are good for the casual "plug in and play" crowd, but honestly I think if you're looking for something more fulfilling than a couple games of Fifa then PC is definitely the way to go.

I wouldn't recommend buying prebuilt to anyone. It's very, very easy to assemble your own rig, even more so if you have someone to help you select the best components for your budget.

Consoles are good for the casual "plug in and play" crowd, but honestly I think if you're looking for something more fulfilling than a couple games of Fifa then PC is definitely the way to go.

Just to reinforce your point and brag a little, I finished doing what I mentioned above and was able to build the below for $780 as of today's rate. I didnt calculate the P&P because I only hand collected all components so add another 30 buck for petrol.

pc%20cost.png

They made console games before and guess what it didn't work out.

This wont work out either. BI games are not ment for console players they are not casual games.

Sadly for Dayz it will get dumbed down even further to meet the pallete of console gamers.

I play console games and I'm not a casual gamer.  I love games like these that are hard and take strategy to play.  I might be 1 of few, but I'm so excited this is coming to the PS4.  I tried playing on the PC but couldn't get it to work or find a server to play in.  I like being able to turn on my console throw in the CD or click on the download and it work.  I know I am going to pre order my copy and be on the 1st day.  Can't wait!

• Like 1

Hey new to the forums and was trying to find if any release date has been announced or if anyone has any idea/educated guess? 

I think it is great that they have 1 team for console and 1 team for PC and that they are working together to make both the best they can be.  I know there is A LOT of PC vs Console gamers, but in the end we all want the same thing, A great game that we all can enjoy.  I was a HUGE socom fan for the PS2 and that franchise tanked.  How ever a studio call SOF Studios has picked up the touch and started working on a spiritual successor called H-Hour.  It has come out for the PC first and most people are pissed cause they want it for the PS4, but as we all know games are created on the PC so it only makes sense to release on the PC, generate money then port.  So I say let's work together so we all can support the studios that bring us these great games so we can continue to enjoy them for years to come!

Man I can't wait for DayZ to come out...

Edited by EXORCIST8

Hey new to the forums and was trying to find if any release date has been announced or if anyone has any idea/educated guess? 

too early to tell....

I think it is great that they have 1 team for console and 1 team for PC and that they are working together to make both the best they can be.  I know there is A LOT of PC vs Console gamers, but in the end we all want the same thing, A great game that we all can enjoy.  I was a HUGE socom fan for the PS2 and that franchise tanked.  How ever a studio call SOF Studios has picked up the touch and started working on a spiritual successor called H-Hour.  It has come out for the PC first and most people are pissed cause they want it for the PS4, but as we all know games are created on the PC so it only makes sense to release on the PC, generate money then port.  So I say let's work together so we all can support the studios that bring us these great games so we can continue to enjoy them for years to come!

Man I can't wait for DayZ to come out...

too early to tell....

This. Although we can guess; principal development at three years is a fair time so with the game being released in the last two weeks of 2013 then more than likely we will be looking at late 2016 to early 2017 for full release. 

I would pay full price 60 bucks to be in on the testing

Same here lol guess Ark will have to do untill this decides to finally show up on Game preview :/ would rather play this tho lol

Edited by mrjordanreece87

I would love this game on consoles too but not if the PC version gets dubbed down because of it.

I disagree, if you want to build from scratch you have to shell out a 100 dollars for windows, 100-200 for your monitor, 50-100 for your mouse and keyboard, 200 for a solid graphics card, 100 for a solid cpu, 100 hard drive, 50-100 in ram, 80 for a cd/dvd/blu ray drive, 80-100 for a power supply, 100-200 for your motherboard..... where as right now 299 gets you an xbox with a couple games.

I disagree, if you want to build from scratch you have to shell out a 100 dollars for windows, 100-200 for your monitor, 50-100 for your mouse and keyboard, 200 for a solid graphics card, 100 for a solid cpu, 100 hard drive, 50-100 in ram, 80 for a cd/dvd/blu ray drive, 80-100 for a power supply, 100-200 for your motherboard..... where as right now 299 gets you an xbox with a couple games.

Well Windows 10 is free, for a start, and some of these other prices are also very inflated. $100 for RAM and $100 for a hard-drive? Where do you live? Lol.

$299 might get you an Xbox but then you're stuck paying $60 for games for the next 10 years, rather than $10-20 on Steam...

Only thing you can say consoles are anyway better is split screen, though even that trend has declined in recent years. That's where consoles still shine but I say that's the only thing. Consoles are more expensive in the end when you take account, you can't upgrade them, games usually cost bit more, gold accounts, everyone needs a PC in a modern world though mobile phones are good nowadays.

Well Windows 10 is free, for a start, and some of these other prices are also very inflated. $100 for RAM and $100 for a hard-drive? Where do you live? Lol.

$299 might get you an Xbox but then you're stuck paying $60 for games for the next 10 years, rather than $10-20 on Steam...

i love gaming on my pc but i picked up battlefront and black ops 3 for thirty dollars each for xbox one, Gears of War Ultimate edition and Rare Replay for 15 dollars each, so you can get games cheap on consoles as well, not to mention you are getting 4 free games a month on xbox.

Windows 10 is also not free, you have to purchase it, it is only free if you are upgrading a previous version (like when i upgraded my windows 8.1 to windows10) if you are building from scratch and don't have a PC you will have to purchase it.

, you can't upgrade them,

Well, you won't need to buy a new console for the next ten years or so anyway.

On 30/12/2015 at 11:04 AM, kobeandodom said:

Wow, thats a load of lies you have in your head. You can make yourself a great gaming pc for 800, you can buy a great monitor for 50, a mouse and key board for 25, 200 for a solid graphics card? are you looking for an 1070?, you can buy a great 1050 for 135, the cpu will be of course the most expensive part to 90 - 150, 100 for a hard drive? Are you looking for a 6T hard drive, you can buy one with 2T for 78 - 85, 50-100 in ram? you can buy two rams of 4 for 25, no one use cd/dvd/blu ray drive but you can buy one for 10 - 35, a power supply will cost you 700 w 47 - 74, 100 - 200 for a motherboard? you can buy a good one for 41, you will not pay for online service and also you can get games for a lower price. I pay for Doom 24 €.

But also you can plug your pc to your tv. i almost forgot of something, windows its not cheap but windows 10 home edition is at 94 -99.

Edited by Dailos
i forgot something

On 2/14/2018 at 5:08 PM, RaizyPT said:

Is true they go release DayZ for PS4?

Yes, we will release DayZ on PS4 :)