boneboys

DayZ PS4 Discussion

This is the place to discuss DayZ on different Gaming Platforms/Consoles.

Play Station 4 is now Official.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/statuses/499245341943021569">

Trolls and Throwers of Flames beware...

• Like 3

In my online experience I find that console players are a lot more prone to rage, should be funny.

• Like 20

Am  i the only one who likes Dayz is coming to the PS4? Guys, if console ppl buys it there will be more money for development sothis is a good thing.

• Like 9

Congrats to BIS. :beans:  Huge step for games like this to be made for consoles too.

They made console games before and guess what it didn't work out.

This wont work out either. BI games are not ment for console players they are not casual games.

Sadly for Dayz it will get dumbed down even further to meet the pallete of console gamers.

• Like 7

I think it's nothing but good. More money for creating content on the game, plus if it's cross-platform, us pc gamers will own the console players.

Thoughts?

• Like 1

Love how everyone is an expert in video game development, publishing, and marketing.

• Like 10

Honestly aslong as the pc version doesnt suffer due to the console version i couldnt give 2 shits.

However if the pc version is dumbed down to shit and limited due to having to work on consoles aswell il go nuts, cover myself in my own shit and stab someone with my pink steel.

• Like 10

Ill add a counter point.

It is the worst possible thing to happen to dayz.

• Being on a console they have to make considerations for console players thus limiting the game on pc.
  • Being on console they have to restrict the controls to the very limited functions of a controller
  • Being on console now they are diverting resources and money much of which came from pc gamers into a console version.
  • Being on console the game will now be dumbed down to meet the pallete of the average console gamer. IE. Caliber dumbing down and reluctance to add 5.45x39, 9x18 makarov and 7.62x54r

The news of a console port of dayz is not good for anyone but Sony. It will only end up with a Dayz that is only half as pc focused as it could have been.

The game will get dumbed down even further now

Edited by gibonez
  • Like 23

Performance = Engine upgrades and making it actually us ram properly.

As for a console release I say good.

A console "version" often differs from the pc version of a game. Anyone remember the PS2 version of BF2.....was a completely different game. Im hoping they do something like that. Keep the PC version really in depth and just filter some stuff for console to make it easier on the controls.

Keep an open mind though guys....the more money they make the bigger the chances of a Dayz2...with its own map, building models ect ect :)

Honestly aslong as the pc version doesnt suffer due to the console version i couldnt give 2 shits.

But it will its ensured now.

The mere fact that it will be ported to consoles already gimps the pc version.

Console considerations have to be taken into account now and the pc version will suffer as a result. Simply put Dayz is now no longer going to be what it would have been had it stayed a true pc only tittle.

• Like 1

Il add to the whole cross platform thing.....it wont work if they go that route. Its been tried many times before and I cannot think of one success. Dayz will help console players against PC users because unlike most "twitch" shooters its more tactical. Often there is no actuall combat, just hunting and the kill. With games like BF a console analogue stick can never match the speed of a mouse.

But mark my words within hours console players will be moaning that they cant keep up with PC players in CqC ;)

PS inb4 merge....this thread is no more serious its just your initial opinion is different from the popular opinion....not new thread worthy to me sry :)

Edited by Karmaterror

PC Masta race!

Consoles are not to my standards, especially since I've grown out of a lot of classic exclusive tittles. Hell, I also consider Origin and it's plethora of problems beneath me!

I guess having the option open for all walks of life and sets of standards---those not tech/PC inclined or those who have already blown money on a console---is a good thing. For DayZ. 

I kind of feel the same way about gaming on a laptop.>.> Why, when you can have superior hardware for cheaper? Money isn't always an object though. So again, standards.

I won't be happy about any concessions I might have to make for the console class of gamer, however.

Edited by Rudette

At high settings in towns DayZ strains my i5/GTX660. Which is about twice as powerful as current gen consoles.

Good luck with a seriously dumbed down version. Lol

If this runs better than the PC version then I'll be mildly curious as to what the fuck is going on.

If nothing is sacrificed or omitted in order that it is able to be ported to PS4 I don't give a shit.

If there are sacrifices and omissions in the PC version in order to do this they can go suck a big one. DayZ would be nothing without us PC gamers.

• Like 1

At high settings in towns DayZ strains my i5/GTX660. Which is about twice as powerful as current gen consoles.

Good luck with a seriously dumbed down version. Lol

:/ sadly we all get the dumbed down version now.

They just get it at a inferior frame rate and resolution.

• Like 1

If DayZ expands to other platforms, it wont be prior to release on PC. If it will be released, it will be a different game. There is also the issue of servers. DayZ is one of the games based on community-hosted servers - something absent from the console ecosystem for various reasons.

I just don't understand how at this point in development they decide to do this.

I know nothing about any of the behind the scenes stuff but as a general educated guess I don't see how this isn't going to slow production.

I know with diablo 3 for example, the full version was out for a year or two before it hit console.

Are they gonna have a paid public alpha console version lol?

Wish I knew more about video game production id feel more comfortable saying I think this is extremely poor timing to release a decision like this.

Only time will tell I suppose.

• Like 2

Hmmmmm It's good for the DAYZ brand but I fear a rather nasty back lash from us guys who have supported DAYZ for a long time and would like more focus on completing and adding features to the PC version. It's great for Bohemia Interactive, I only hope this decision will improve an produce a better game for all. 

• Like 2

Time to play a game,

Can you with a controler think of a way to give it all the functionality of the Keyboard/mouse

If nothing is sacrificed or omitted in order that it is able to be ported to PS4 I don't give a shit.

If there are sacrifices and omissions in the PC version in order to do this they can go suck a big one. DayZ would be nothing without us PC gamers.

There are actually quite a few console gold mines that would be nothing without us PC gamers. COD would be nothing without us PC gamers. Battlefield would be nothing without us PC gamers. Rainbow Six would be nothing without us PC gamers. Ghost Recon would be nothing without us PC gamers. Even HALO would be nothing without us PC gamers. We made those titles popular and what we got for it was developers that sold out to the console market by making the games for them first and ported for us second. HALO was a bit of a different case though, but we still made it popular through early hype so MS decided to buy Bungie and make it exclusive to the XBOX in an attempt to sell us their new console. It's sad, I know, but we just gotta deal with it.

Can we think of any other big IPs whose roots had grown in a PC market?

PS4's hardware is likely better than a lot of the people who complain about lag in cities. Because let's be honest, if you lag in cities there is definitely something wrong with your system (not enough RAM, insufficient graphics card, etc). That being said, I'd only play a game like this on PC. You simply cannot play a first person shooter on a console the way you do on a PC. Put a console player head to head with someone who's got keyboard and mouse and the PC player would smoke them every time.