Sign in to follow this  

Likelihood of dying?

Hello.

So i'm new to Dayz however I have got a few items to get started. After watching videos on youtube I saw how alot of the community operate. However I would like to ask a question.

If someone spots me and see's I have no kit, how likely am I to be attacked? Am I safe?

Very likely.most of us are out there just to watch people drop - doesn't matter if they have gear or not. My advice, join a low populated server, get some gear and get to know the game mechanics. Then you're ready to take on bandits :P

Pro tip - don't trust anyone unless you know them irl.

• Like 1

Depending on the kid of player who spots you, It could be that they just ignore you and let you on your merry way, or they might be just out right nasty and shoot you.

My advice is to not let people spot you, just stay out the way till you can defend yourself.

• Like 4

Alright guys thanks for the advice. Time to camp :beans:

Alright guys thanks for the advice. Time to camp :beans:

Camping is a bad idea, especially to begin with, you should really do the opposite and move quickly from place to place building your resources for heading inland to the higher tier objectives.

• Like 2

The barracks are the best places to hide, you can generally just set up camp nearby in the open and cook meat and drink coke.

• Like 5

As Derpy said it really depends on the person who spots you. When ever I see a new spawn or someone with little gear, I let them go even if they are a bandit. If the person is more geared out I will shoot him if I feel threatened. It just really depends on the person who sees you.

Find your essentials and stick to the woods to keep yourself alive explore from a distance as to not impose on other players as you get a feel for the way things carry out. If you run in everywhere you'll get shot so sit back and watch locations prior.

if you team up when unarmed, watch close your mate when you both start finding weapons...

The barracks are the best places to hide, you can generally just set up camp nearby in the open and cook meat and drink coke.

lol'd and sprayed beer all over my keyboard - you kill me man

Unless by chance you Meet Frankieonpc or Jackfrags/Someone Similar (Only if he is doing Hive Heroes) dont trust anyone and even if by chance you do expect on the off chance to be sniped by others If they have a Car or a Helicopter (With buddies otherwise just stay hidden) then REALLY avoid them Snipers and NVGs are also a massive avoid also dont stick near Cherno Or electro head north and hide far away from places but close enough to get a Car ride to a Food and Medical Supplies location

I find it's more fun to roll the dice and play the hand you're dealt. You might get killed a lot, but you have a lot of fun in the process.

Think of it this way, some guy who's spent a good week gathering all the best crap in the game comes and camps a popular spot. I run in without a care in the world, 5 minutes after spawning. He tries to kill me with his uber sniper rifle and might miss. But, either way he alerts the local bandits who run up there to hunt him down. While I get a bit of adrenaline from being sniped at.

I just don't see the payoff from staying alive for a long time. It seems like a lot of boring gameplay just to get some above average gear that might mean nothing when the end comes for you. I'd rather live for a week because the situations I faced ended up in my favor, not because I hid in the areas with no players.