SmashT

topoftheGAMES - Nov 2012 - Interview (German) + screenshots

INB4, Whhhhaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh. QQ. It doesn't look any different :(.

The point is it's showing the new indoor spaces that are being created.

Edited by Fraggle

Yes! More pictures!

Edit:

Whhhaaaaahhhhhh!

Edited by Sutinen
  • Like 1

So... how many stories is that? hopefully we will be seeing more giant buildings in the standalone..

It's gonna make the cities substantially different and people are really gonna have to change up their plays styles and tactics. I predict shotguns becoming much more useful for clearing buildings.

• Like 5

I'm really liking the look of this, it will definitely change playstyles in cities.

Right now it is a few buildings that it is worth going to, this makes it VERY easy to pinpoint an attacker, with lots of buildings this makes it very hard.

You may be able to work out which building by sound, but which floor is it? Which window? This mixes it up a lot.

Definitely looking forward to this now.

Graphics could look a bit cleaner but I feel the most important aspect at the moment is gameplay and mechanics, they have plenty of time to make it look pretty later.

After the interior update it would take a week to loot one small city, when now its 10 mins to run through. Not so much time to run around looking for people to kill.

I know there's been a lot of talk where people think the SA will basically be a slightly more polished version of the mod but with all of the changes on the way it's going to play very differently.

I am imagining survivors equipped with shotguns shouting "Breaching! Breaching!" then making the bandit inside surrender by making them drop their guns or we can post snipers up on the third floor and provide overwatch for survivors looting the perimeter... Ooooohhh YES!

Edited by zenorc123

Hello DayZ community, I just registered to share some thoughts. Sorry for any grammar mistakes, I'm from Germany, and the original text is written very poorly.

Here's a quick translation of a interesting part:

Question: Are there any other features regarding the standalone version you'd like to talk about?

Rocket: There are numerous things that are related to the Construction-System. Though, our main focus is to fix all the issues first.

All the new features will be tested extensively before we implement them, and they run stable.

The user interface, the ragdoll system, a kind of underground construction system - those will be the elements of the DayZ standalone alpha release.

After this is ready and set, we will focus on the problems with the hackers, zombie-pathfinding and so on, then we will be more ambitious about the existing game elements.

This confuses me a bit, as I was really hoping to get some appropriate behaving zombies at the start of SA. Maybe it is a mistake from the writer/translator. Because Rocket said in other interviews that they were concentrating on the zombies behaviour aswell.

Besides. I love the screenshots and can't wait to scavenge through Chernarus+.

• Like 1

I'm from Germany, and the original text is written very poorly.

Explain that. "Is written very poorly".

What is the problem?

Edited by OtaQ

I'm really looking forward to the construction system, imagine a huge underground network of man made tunnels, will be interesting to see how construction evolves from the 'foundation build' to finished product.

We had a brand new engine element created in order to implement a system of construction, as I thought it would be. I like Red Faction game as much and the way it deals with destructible terrain. And if we could do something like this with the underground buildings, digging with the possibility, that would be really cool. This implementation is a major challenge and we will tackle in detail only after the release of the standalone version.
Edited by smasht_AU
  • Like 1

Hello DayZ community, I just registered to share some thoughts. Sorry for any grammar mistakes, I'm from Germany, and the original text is written very poorly.

Here's a quick translation of a interesting part:

Question: Are there any other features regarding the standalone version you'd like to talk about?

Rocket: There are numerous things that are related to the Construction-System. Though, our main focus is to fix all the issues first.

All the new features will be tested extensively before we implement them, and they run stable.

The user interface, the ragdoll system, a kind of underground construction system - those will be the elements of the DayZ standalone alpha release.

After this is ready and set, we will focus on the problems with the hackers, zombie-pathfinding and so on, then we will be more ambitious about the existing game elements.

This confuses me a bit, as I was really hoping to get some appropriate behaving zombies at the start of SA. Maybe it is a mistake from the writer/translator. Because Rocket said in other interviews that they were concentrating on the zombies behaviour aswell.

Besides. I love the screenshots and can't wait to scavenge through Chernarus+.

That is a bit worrying, I thought they were a little further than this in regards to the zombies, hackers etc. I'd prefer hackers to be sorted out BEFORE any new construction system (they'll probably hack that! hehe). Maybe its a bit lost in translation or something, I dunno, but from hearing him speak at that presentation he did a while back I got the impression they'd made real progress with zombies etc. Maybe they have, I hope so.

Edited by Rooneye

Rocket already said he had mostly dealt with the hacker by restricting the engine to its bare minimum client side, so I don't really think this translation is accurate... Same goes for zombies. Maybe they mixed it up? Seems more likely to me.

"Lost in Translation" is the right formulation :) You guys are talking about a google-translation, don´t forget that.

Also don´t forget the standalone-Version will be basicly different and safer against hackers because of the new engine and engine-modification. Also fighting againgst hackers is a process which never end and is always part of the development.

Would it help you to clear this up if I would upload parts of the audio-file?

"Lost in Translation" is the right formulation :) You guys are talking about a google-translation, don´t forget that.

Also don´t forget the standalone-Version will be basicly different and safer against hackers because of the new engine and engine-modification. Also fighting againgst hackers is a process which never end and is always part of the development.

Would it help you to clear this up if I would upload parts of the audio-file?

Ahhh good to know, I figured as much. Though it wasnt google translate that said it, it was the German guy (Spittythedude) or is he reading it in English version from the google translate? If so the universe might implode! But yeah lets hear the audio, would clear it up for sure.

Also random, but i just now noticed the title of the mag Top of the Games. thats so bad :D haha Top of the Pops, Top of the Games! hehe

Edited by Rooneye

Explain that. "Is written very poorly".

Was is the problem?

In dem Text waren einige Grammatik und Satzbaufehler, falls Ich dich damit beleidigt habe, tut es mir leid. Ich hätte mich anders ausdrücken können. War schlecht gelaunt. Trotzdem danke für die Infos.

Sorry guys back to topic! @Screenshots: I really like the fact that the doors are wider, so we won't get stuck again. I hope this will also fix the random broken legs when proning through the doorway. Then there are stairways... where i broke my legs 2 times. Well we'll see. :)

In dem Text waren einige Grammatik und Satzbaufehler, falls Ich dich damit beleidigt habe, tut es mir leid. Ich hätte mich anders ausdrücken können. War schlecht gelaunt. Trotzdem danke für die Infos.

Sorry guys back to topic! @Screenshots: I really like the fact that the doors are wider, so we won't get stuck again. I hope this will also fix the random broken legs when proning through the doorway. Then there are stairways... where i broke my legs 2 times. Well we'll see. :)

Ahh yeah well spotted. Lingor has some of the worst doors on the game, you get stuck at it every single time you run in it (those little barrack buildings with the desk in one room and the beds in the other, the desk room door is terrible, who designed it? Whoever it was, you suck! :P at making doors that is hehe)

Ahh yeah well spotted. Lingor has some of the worst doors on the game, you get stuck at it every single time you run in it (those little barrack buildings with the desk in one room and the beds in the other, the desk room door is terrible, who designed it? Whoever it was, you suck! :P at making doors that is hehe)

I agree. The barrack doors on Lingor got me killed once. I was being shot inside the barracks and wanted to retreat through the backdoor... big mistake. Invisible wall. Bullet in my back. :D

• Like 1

hmm.. wo denn bitte? Einer war drin, aber dieser ist nun weg. Wo sind die anderen? Ich glaube du übertreibst ein wenig oder liest zu selten "die Großen" wie Lamestar und PClames usw. oder? ^^

hmm.. wo denn bitte? Einer war drin, aber dieser ist nun weg. Wo sind die anderen? Ich glaube du übertreibst ein wenig oder liest zu selten "die Großen" wie Lamestar und PClames usw. oder? ^^

Nein, Ich lese keine von diesen mainstream dingern... und ja Ich übertreibe gerne. ;)

DayZ ist wahrscheinlich eines der besten Spielkonzepte.

• Like 1

DayZ ist wahrscheinlich eines der besten Spielkonzepte.

Besten Dank. Ist korrigiert :)

• Like 1

The shots convinces me more about getting a better rig. :P