My friend and I were wandering slightly west of the NE Airfield. When suddenly the other people in our TeamSpeak (TS) started going crazy that they had just sniped two people at the NW Airfield, while they were trying to refuel a vehicle. So they ran over there as fast as possible, and all piled into the car and motored away as fast as possible. Since we felt and they did not deserve the vehicle, and are generally really annoying in TS, my friend and I decided to hunt them down and kill them.

We told them to go to Berezino to pick us up, and we waited on the top of the hospital in town. The special thing is, my friend had a SAW with two full clips, and I had a M14 with seven. They rolled up to the store across the street from the hospital, and as soon as one of them got out of the car, we popped up and rained fire and hell down on top of them! Two of them dropped immediately, and the other two still in the car panicked and tried to drive off. But luckily my friend's SAW took out two of the wheels and caused the car to slam into the nearby wall, from there it was a simple matter of slaughtering them while they couldn't move. Once they were all down my friend and I ventured over to the extremely battered car and finished it off, and then we took all of their beans!

And the best part is, they thought it was the two people they shot originally the whole time, and they are still clueless! (Probably not for much longer :D)

Today I went through two lives.

One life was a short lived one in Elektro. I had been scavenging the day before and had found an AKM (my favorite weapon) but not much else, I was rocking stock gear and only a coyote patrol pack. I'd gone on the roof of the hospital in search of some supplies then logged out. As soon as I had gotten on again I heard gunshots and glass shattering, assuming it was fellow scavengers I called out to them asking who they were. There was no response.

I headed to go down and attack them in hope of getting a better backpack and supplies, as I approached the ladder someone spawned in. He was loaded to the brim with kit and was facing away from me, being an honorable bandit (shut up I am) I called out friendly to announce my presence. He called back and then the guys below us started opening fire on us, not sure why. We consulted about returning fire and agreed that we would split ways once the barrage ended.

As I spoke with him I noticed something, my heartbeat went into a fervor as I looked at him and realized I was dealing with a serious bandit. I made the excuse of chasing down the other survivors and left the roof ASAP, there was no way I was trusting that guy. I followed the two survivors to the church and slowly creeped to the door, it was a horrible tactical maneuver but I just wanted to hurry and kill them before that guys thought it would be funny to shoot me in the head. I killed one taking his legs out first then planting two directly to the top of his head, but his friend had good cover. We traded shots but I was far too exposed and ended up getting hit hard with a rifle slug. As I blacked out I chuckled a little at the thought of that lone survivor facing off against that bandit on the roof.

My second life began at Balota so I made my way to the airfield and got another AKM in the hangars and logged out in the forest behind said hangars.

By then some friends had gotten on and were talking about meeting up in outside of Elektro, I agreed and went to their server. Deciding that I could use a sidearm or some more ammo I crept to the air tower to scavenge some, and as I did I noticed some in rhythm footsteps. I froze solid, not knowing where they originated I slowly circled the building staying slow and using grass for cover. As I did this a survivor went into my field of view, luckily he didn't notice me. I followed him the whole way around to the lowest entrance and watched him grab some equipment, since I still considered myself an honorable bandit I waited till he could see me then opened fire.

He didn't stand a chance. When I raided the corpse I realized i had killed quite a lucky looter, not only did he have a coyote pack but also possessed an M16a4/203! (the coolest looking gun in the game) Why he didn't have it equipped I'll never know. Now standing next to a freshly raided corpse I felt complete and am now setting up my very own bandit stronghold in the hostile waste of Chernarus.

If your ill-equipped I wont kill you, but if you have a gun and don't call out friendly expect to be shot. This game and its players are not forgiving I found that out the hard way, pray that you don't have to.

I've been "fragging" virtual people since the 56kbps days, and am as desensitised as the next 80's kid... and maybe it's just me, but...

DayZ is the first shooter where I've hesitated a long time before getting even my first "frag", feeling the guilt and knowledge of what I'm about to do grow heavier and heavier in my gut, dragging me down and making it hard to even speak the confirmation over team-speak, that I'm going along with my friend's idea... acknowledging that we stalk this other player to that barn he's heading towards, then set up overwatch on the doors. The run to the stone fence feels like it's taking minutes though my watch shows 30 seconds -- I'm fidgeting with the 'O' key as I think about how many kilometres we've come, and the rarity of the man's DMR and ALICE pack. I think about the friends that he's probably about to reunite with; perhaps he's carrying Morphine to an injured companion? ...my guilt-driven day-dreaming is cut short as the figure of the man emerges from the doorway and is running right towards me. I drop to my knee in a well-practiced reflex -- as automatic as any COD bellyflop -- and although his face is made of static texels, I swear I saw recognition in his eye that he understands that as he sprints towards me with his rare long rifle swaying, this is his last second in Chernarus. There is nothing he can do now. It seems to me he's standing still, but he is in mid stride at full pace. Next thing I know, I'm 3 AK rounds less, and my friend is laughing at our fortune as he quickly approaches the loot. For a while I circle the barn and watch the tree-lines, my friend thinking for our safety, but in truth the loot no longer enticed me. I eventually joined the other vulture, and handed him my Kalashnikov so that I may reluctantly take the blood-stained designated marksman rifle, just to keep up appearances. My friend is keen to try the scope, but I sling it and decide on my Colt .45 for now. The rest of our journey that night was silent, except for the self-rationalizing ego kicking into high-gear: he was coming at you with a gun for Christ's sake, you could've died, serves him damn right! He had no friends with him, he was just a lone wolf out here!! Bastard was heading south anyway, and that DMR was probably for murders in Cherno, I've done a good thing here!!! Yet all that fiery hubris still couldn't fill the hole in my stomach, left by the crossing of a tipping point with the choices I made in that situation. I had found another survivor in this apocalypse, yet before even letting him speak, I had ended his story.

Edited by ActionMan
  • Like 1

Linked up with 3 of my buddies outside of Zelenegorsk (SP?) on Chicago 52 this morning. Upon arriving at our linkup point we hear makarov shots going off not far from us. One of my buddies jokingly says lets throw a frag, and sure enough one of the other guys does lol. If they didn't know we were here they do now for sure! We all go prone, and wait a few minutes. We see 2 guys running about 50 m away from us. We hold our fire to wait for a better position to shoot...it doesn't come so we start following them. We see the 2 running across an open field and move into a position to start firing when suddenly one of my buddies gets taken out from an unkown location in one shot. Fearing a sniper was covering his 2 buddies we fall back to where we had first seen the 2 rascals in hopes of them getting over confident and coming back to look for us. We set up a small perimiter behind some rocks and in some pine trees, sure enough not 5 mins later one of us spots a guy and he gives me the general direction since i was weilding an AS50. I start scanning in the general direction and to my suprise I see 3 survivors next to a rock looking confused one prone two crouched. I immediately fire at the prone survivor....he drops the other 2 start running. Luck being on my side one of the other survivors runs in a straight line directly away from me, easy shot to the back he drops, thats 2. I start getting a beat on the 3rd and I loose him in the woods...damn. We continue into Zelenegork in hopes of beans from the market. I stay in the woods overwatching with my AS50. When my guys get close to the market they start taking fire, the lone survivor is back I knew it....my buddies make an escape through the city as im franticaly scanning trying to find him. They make it back to me and after 30 mins to an hour of scanning where I thought he was and noting the Z spawns we give up and continue roaming the lands.....that lone survivor lives to see another day. But damn was that a fun moment for me in DayZ nothing gets your heart beating and hands shaking like seeing other survivors

11/07-2012

I recently started a new game around Prigorodky, where i went to look for weapons and some food. I checked the barns and was quickly equiped with a few sodas, a can of food and a loud Enfield, that i kept just because nothing else was better.

On the outskirts of Prigorodky a Zombie noticed me however, seeing as i wasn't used to the Zombies suddently seeing much better. This didn't end up well, seeing as i were hit a few times from other zombies aggroed even when i was at the beach.

With my blood down a fair bit, i ran towards Cherno. At that time i did not see any better solution, seeing as i needed alot of food and gear, and i needed it fast! I reached the outskirts of Cherno and quickly crawled my way into the inner city, where i could start looting some of the bigger houses. I quickly had a revolver with a decent amount of ammo, drinks, a bit of food and bandages and what-not, to keep myself from starving and any other "casualties" i could encounter.

I was pretty much set to go inland, to find some other, not so needed, equipment as rest of my huntinggear and so on. Unlucky as i am though, i managed to break a leg on the stairs inside the last house i was looting. At this time i panicked, as i simply did not know how i would get out now, and i was pretty glad with my somewhat safe journey so far. The leg had to be fixed, and seeing as i was walking in Zombie City anyways, i just started crawling towards the nearest hospital, hoping that i would be lucky enough to find morphine. After a good 30 minutes of crawling and evading Zombies i managed to get to the hospital, just to find my only hope the hospital roof. I knew what dangers this came with, seeing as the roof was completely open for rest of Cherno, aswell as any snipers outside of the city, but i really needed the Morphine!

I crawled up the first ladder, then looked around a bit just to see if anyone was around. I did not notice or hear anything, so i just rushed forward towards the top of the roof. As i crawled the ladder towards the top, i knew that it was a longshot to look for morphine there, but despite my normal lack of luck, i found not only one, but three of them! I quickly grabbed them and shot one into my leg, to fix the pain from the broken bone. Crawling down from the roof, back to the backside of the hospital, i was reliefed that i had survived another horrifying experience in DayZ. Sometimes the sole amount of Zombies is enough to make me want to put a bullet in my head, but as long as im mobile and fed, the Zombies is the least of my problems..

I only started playing a few days ago and had never played ArmA2 before, so I was completely new to the game, the mechanics and the general feel of moving and interacting.

Anyway, after a few attempts at staying alive, I finally managed to get a friend to play DayZ as well, so we're on Mumble trying to find eachother near the outskirts of Cherno. I'm on one side of the town near the treeline on the hillside, he's near the shore. I have absolutely no weapons and I'm fairly low on blood, my friend found a Makarov and has been untouched so far.

So I'm up on the hill telling my friend where to find me, when I hear someone talking on the ingame voicecom: "you there near the powerline, friendly?". At first I had no idea he was talking to me, so I was ignoring him. After a few minutes he asks again "you there, looking at the barn, answer or I shoot". I still had no idea he was talking to me (I even had no idea I was looking a a barn). Minutes went by as I'm still trying to spot my friend. All of the sudden I hear a campfire behind me, I turn around and nearly see a guy just sitting right behind me cooking some meat.

He looks at me and says "oh, you're awake, what are you doing here?", so I replied that I'm waiting for a friend to cross the town to get to me. He says "hang on", a minute or so later he returns riding a bike and casually says "I'll draw the zombies away, you head to the barn for supplies and wait for your friend there". So he rides down the hill, aggros the zombies in front of the barn and rides off. I head down the barn, found a crossbow and a minute or so later my friend runs in as well.

Me and my friend haven't died since and are now well equipped enough to deal with most of the dangers in DayZ.

So thank you, unknown crazy bicycle guy. Thank you.

A short and empowering story about Luck. I spawned near Cherno with a new character and the first move I made was a trip to a Cherno hospital for essential gear. My friend had joined me on the server and was making an effort to respawn a new character close to Cherno so we could meet up and head out together.

Predictably, soon after a successful visit to hospital I was seen by some wishy-washy yellow-belly that clearly wanted my new character dead. So the rounds started cracking over me and one struck me as I vaulted fences and cut corners to break line of sight. I knew I would soon be "dead as fuck tryin' to race a g-uuun".

Meanwhile, my friend says over Steam Chat, "Sweet. I've spawned in Cherno and you're not gonna fucking believe this..."

Little did I know that at that moment Lady Luck had arrived in Cherno and was ready to dish out some much needed help to the persecuted.

I yelled at my friend that some limp-wristed micro-penis was unloading his Makarov at me near the (Northern) hospital and that I was indeed doomed to bleed to death for lack of an opportunity to bandage during my escape and evasion. My pursuer was no more than 10 metres behind me at any given time. Intense and desperate.

"Don't worry," he said, "I'm coming! Hospital yeah? I actually spawned in Cherno and I'm very close."

I confess at the time I wasn't overly impressed because what exactly would he be able to do to help me with no weapons and a fresh character?

Then I heard the noise. I heard her - Lady Luck. An unmistakable sound of thunder and crashing and rending. Louder and louder the sound grew, and wider and wider my smile grew. "Huh?"

WIthin seconds there She was, proud and parked-up in the middle of the road within spitting distance of me and my plight - Lady Luck in all Her glory. "Get in! I spawned in Cherno right in front of it!!" It was my friend in his newly aquired M1 Abrams Battletank...

I jumped in, astounded, and ended up in the loader's seat which happens to have a large .50 calibre machinegun on it... and my friend was now occupying the gunner's seat with the main cannon on it. The tank was still, the engine was running, and I was reminded that somehow the tables had now turned in my favour.

I pointed out where was the last known location of my pursuer and we rotated in tandem. Lo! And Behold! There, shivering prone against a little wooden fence or hut or somesuch flimsy structure was my murderous and clearly flabberghasted little parasite-friend that wanted so much of my blood. We opened fire without a second thought. Fire. Thunder. Smoke. Metal Rain. Death message. Revenge. Laughter. Excitement. Impending doom...

I shouted amidst the delirium that I was going to die within the bowels of the tank and with that sentiment fresh in his mind, my friend hit the Turbo and we ploughed our way North to the trees. Within a minute, we were safely away from the melee enough for me to jump out and bandage with a few thousand blood left to go. I lived. It was glorious. And mark my words there was no foul-play, just pure Luck.

The rest of this story ends less glamorously when our tank is later found to have disappeared from where we left it. I guess her Ladyship just repo'd it for some other stricken fellow in the future.

Edited by Agrocr0c
  • Like 1

Have two new stories to share, both of which with one of my friends who I was talking with over Skype.

The first story begins with both my friend and I spawning near Elektro. Him on the west side, me on the east. I decide to run around the city to avoid zombies, and after about ten minutes of running (These people have incredible stamina), I found him at the lighthouse. However, I was needed a drink badly after my long run, so I decide we should go to the Elektro supermarket. On the way we see some guy crouchwalking along the road. I didn't want to deal with other people though (Last two times ended with me getting shot), so we just went prone and continued onwards. We head into the woods after a zombie sees us, and then run back into a nearby barn. Inside, we both luckily find hatchets, and I chop the the two Z's that found us. We continue along to the city, and I run to the market through the back. However, upon entering the building, I see a dead body of a poor civilian. I quickly look at the body, and turn around, seeing another person behind me. At first I thought it was my friend, but I then remember that he was about 50 meters away from me before I started running to the market. I freak out and run into the back. He follows, and I decide that if me and my friend are going to survive, this man needed to die. I rushed him with my axe, and he shot me in the face, along with my friend. Moral of the story: Don't bring a hatchet to a gunfight. You'll lose.

The next story is after ten or so minutes of death and respawns, while my friend runs around in Cherno. Upon my nearing the city, I am spotted and decide to do the stupidest thing that can be possible on purpose: Sprint into a city. I run to the north part of town, through the industrial area, in hope of looting some medical supplies and the nearby apartments. After losing the zombies in the industrial area, I grab some bandages, morphine, blood packs and epi-pens in the hopsital and then find some food, drink, and an M1911 in the apartments. I then head towards the center of the city to meet up with my friend, who says he found a building full of supplies (He also found an ALICE pack somewhere else, but it wouldn't let him take it for some reason). I go to the hotel building, and a few minutes later my friend shows up. He leads me to the lootfest building, in which I proceed to grab a few more M19 mags and some more food/drink. We decide to camp out in the building for a while, because we both wanted to see the game when it's night. Nothing really happens, but my friend says he hears gunshots every so often. Also, there was a zombie across the street who would not move, and was there for at least half an hour. My friend and I joked around saying he was waiting for the bus. I then had to log off, and that's the end of the story so far.

I was playing in the super six server when i heard these sniper shots coming from the mountain near elektro , i ran there and saw these two bandits shooting ppl in elektro , i took my akm from my backpack and started shooting , i hit one and he started bleeding and ran away , then i started shooting at the other one hiding behind a tree , but he was such a pussy so he dc'd before i could kill him , but the other guy who was bleeding came back and i shot him , then i looked at his gear and there was no sniper in his gear , so i ran up the mountain and found a tent where was fn fal anpv s4 with 8 mags , nightvision goggles and a mp5 with 5 mags , i took all and ran away and laughed so hard at them. to those two bandits , thank you for your weapons ;) and sorry for my bad english

Edited by Arska

Here's my story, its a long one, spanning over 7 Days and still going, so grab a can of pop and relax.

I spawned in a town near elektro, knowing elekrto like the back of my hand, I decided to grab some basic gear then head inland north. I head to the church and pick up an m1911. Knowing there is a firestation directly across from the church, I head there. Lucky for me, its still got some nice weaponry, I find an AK-74 Kobra. I feel confident with my new-found gun and head to the grocery store in hopes of finding an alice pack. I in the back of the store behind some shelves there is a single alice pack. I take it then head to the hospital is search of basic medical supplies such as morphine, blood bags, bandages, and painkillers. Knowing there is a medical box on the roof, I go there so I dont need to waste ammo or attract unwanted attention. On my way to the hospital, I pick up some unwanted visitors. I ran up the first ladder up the hospital. I bandage myself as the zed do not climb the ladder bout falling the wall when I move. Having lost about 3000 Blood, I shoot some of the zed from the roof, but cant get the angle on some of them, so I go down the ladder and shoot some zombies, run into the street, then promplty pass out, get eaten while passed out, then die.(said faic D;)

Still wanting to play DayZ, I start a new character. Lady luck decided to shine upon me as it does for all players who are respectful to other survivors, and reaks havoc upon bandits. I spawn IN ELEKTRO, literally in a little slope down to the cove LITERALLY dead center in elektro. Theres still hope, I run to elektro because I WANT MY STUFF. The first street I find, the hospital is at the end, and I see my dead body, chillin in the middle of the street. I take everything off my body, kill nearby zombies, then respectfully, bury myself (Paradox?).Then I head north, in search of the NW airfield, deerstands, and Stary Sobor. I just wanted some Top Tier weapons. I head to stary with my friend who I metup with in elektro. Eventually after a long, LONG, we make it to stary sobor, find some things like an AKM and an M16A2 M203. He passed a tent which only holds what looks like a makorav mag. I approach, it, because I dont trust anything in this game. And lo and behold, I find a GPS. I give it to my friend having been a total noob with it and not knowing what to do with it. I find an M4A1 And only get 1 mag because my friend with the M16A2 M203, (Not the one with the GPS.) Took 2 stanag mags, leaving me with nothing but 1 stanag mag. We go to the barracks find nothing good but a few stanag rounds, a pdw(which I take) and an m1014. We log out for the day. He logs out in the bathroom, I log in the room farthest from him just incase.

The next day I log in, BOOM HEADSHOT, I get killed and lose my M4, ghilie suit, and many supplies. My friend logs in,(the one with the GPS because the one with the grenade launcher isnt on.) He patiently walks closer to the room, the female character who killed me not knowing he is there, looks into my pack, and takes a can of coke, (Probably saved her life). My friend RUNS IN and kills her as she loots my corpse. She happens to have M4A3 CCO. My friend takes it and saves his DMR for me. Nothing very eventful happens for a while, we meet up and I take the DMR. We trade weapons because he prefers his DMR. Now and I still am, using the weapon I was horribly murdered with. I leave the game and don't play for a while. While im gone my friend with the GPS leaves and joins a clan with an abudance of everything, then gets killed by a clan traitor. Bye bye, GPS. So now I am I near Solnichniy, and my other friend who logged on is near Gorka. We decide to meet up at polana. He finds me, aswell as a heli crash site. Took me a while to find him on the hill because i have AWFUL vision. Theres nothing there cept 20 Stanag rounds and 10 Stanag SD. rounds, and an M249 SAW, Which my friend is still using. We go to the nearby town, which houses the northeast airfield nearby. We shoot zombies in hopes of food and water, which we do, by zombies. We get shot at, it sounds like my partner was hit, but no one was shot. Lady Luck smiles on me once again and the server has to restart and we decide to go on another server.

We go to a nearby building where we kill more zombies then log out in a building. I log in, head to Elektro to meet up with mai friend Carlover. I head to elektro, by going south. I find berezino which i Identify by the military tents in a soccer field. I loot a deerstand nearby the field. Then find ANOTHER heli crash site. and it HASNT BEEN LOOTED. Theres a Bizon SD, FN FAL with 2 mags, and a DMR with 3 mags (and 1 more off a zombie I kill). Knowing my friend carlover is to be the designated marksman. I drop some essentials in my pack such as blood packs, an epi pen, 1 cooked meet, and a jerry can. (Keep in mind I still have the beginning of the story, remember that part still?) I take the DMR and the magazines, then promptly get shot at, I scream at my partner in skype, Screw those weapons he can have them! I run through the woods, down a hill, under a tree then log out for the day. And theres my story, its still going. I'm always friendly :D

Hello, my story begins at the NWAF, i walk in from the south east side planning on finding weapons and ammo. Which in my case was ammo for my akm and trusty M9, but really wasn't much considering the AKM is extremely which will result in my first bandit kill. I hit the barracks and then make haste to the NWAF only to find it is swarming in walkers, i then take a sneaky approach and go around most of the airfield to get the fire station and hangers. After looting these places i a bullet pass by my head. I run to the barracks to the left of the fire station and pull out my akm. peeking my head out to see if i can spot the bastard i here another round fly the barrel of his rifle. I then leave my cover and bolt to the comm tower hoping he is in there. He (of course) is at the top of the tower with his DMR, i sneak my way up the stairs and run up to him and shoot him 2 times in the body. Then to finish him off, i pull out my M9 and put right between the eyes.

My story:

(Just spawned close to balota): i think that the best thing to do is to raid the airfield. When i got inside the building a man armed with a m16 pointed it to my head and said: friendly? I was expecting another dead but when i replied "yes" he just said go upstairs take my old enfield and come with me i'm heading to cherno.

Quickly i grabbed the rifle and some flares and started following he. We talked a lot on the way there even did some hunting (we got a cow) and after we arrived there we started to raid everything but when we crossed a corner a man with a hatched came and asked if we were friendly, i replied yes and even offered him to take he to a place where he could have a gun, he accepted but when we arrived there i turned my back for one second he stroke me with his axe took my gun and killed my friend when he came to help me.

Moral of the story: Fear more a friend than a bandit.

Edited by hiush

today my third day in day z, i was in the army medic camp thing, deer stands and tents, barbed wire fencing, on the beach, perfect setting for a first date really. there i was up in the deer stand, looking for food, singing to myself [queen], thats where she sneaks up on me, hearing my lovely voice i suppose, she doesn't attack, i see a zombie and shoot it, look downwards see another zombie scrambling up the stairs, and before i could reload i was hit, bleeding, i shot and killed the beast, thats when she said hello [in such a manly voice too] told her i wasn't going to shoot, no point, i was dying anyway, she sadly said she had no bandages, she goes about looting the corpses of my fallen foe, i cared little all i wanted was a bandage. when she said with a start "i found one" and in the comfy shade of the deer stand she services me [bandages my wound with her only bandage].... and thats when tradgedy struck, one last zombie, clambers up the stairs and smacks her in the face, bleeding, unconcious she had used her last bandage on me.... seattle 91, stranger who's name i did not get, i thank you

• Like 1

I'd like to tell you something that happened yesterday.

I was on the search for food near Chernagorsk at night. Suddenly, I heard some shots far away in the east, a very bold one and several less heavy ones. I looked at the old gas station but couldn't spot anything, so I crawled onto a small hill, hoping to get an overview without being spotted myself.

So I was laying there, under a small bush, when I saw two survivors running through the bushes about 20 meters away. I was frightened and kept observing the two strangers, a man and a woman, both armed. The man had a bigger rifle, that's all I could tell. I guess he was the one I heard shooting earlier.

They stopped and slowly turned so they were facing me. I began to panic, got out my AK and began shooting at them. They didn't do anything. It was dark and I could barely see where I was shooting. When I stopped I witnessed something I won't get out of my mind too soon.

The man was crawling towards the woman, who passed out. I didn't know what I was doing and started firing at them again until I saw the man laying on the ground as well. The woman slowly got up and I shot again until they were both motionless. It was entitely silent and just now I realized I did something wrong.

I ran up to the corpses and looked at their inventory. The man just had a rifle, not even ammo, and all the woman was carrying was a crossbow. They wouldn't have been dangerous to me at that time.

I was often venting about people randomly killing people. But in that night, I realized I became one of them by killing two innocent strangers who were, just like me, simply trying to survive.

- We stopped looking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside us

I just got... Mugged?

So I'm south of stary, raiding some deer stands. I have an m24 and really don't feel like stealthing past the new zeds, so I drop them from 250m. As I move in, I'm surprised to see another set of zeds spawn in, and I hastily drop them with my pistol.

As I move in to loot the bodies, a voice comes in over direct. "Alright, put your weapon on the ground. Don't move." I comply as I see a bandit toting an M4A1 CCO run in from my side. Only then did I realize that the extra zombies should've tipped me off to someone else spawning zeds in. I drop my weapons and salute to show compliance.

Apparently, the M24 is his favorite gun, and he asks if I've ever used a .50 cal. I reply no, as I've only been shot by M104s, but never used one. So he drops an M104 with four clips, takes my M24, and tells me to wait 5 minutes before picking anything up as he leaves.

So... I wait five minutes, pick everything up, and go in the opposite direction. Sure, the way he went was across an open field on a downslope, but I think it was an honorable stickup. Good "trade," whoever that was on US 195! Gotta love chivalrous banditry that goes beyond KoS.

Edited by thorgold
  • Like 2

I spawned somewhere along the east. I, of course, had no map, so I was up shit creek without a paddle and also the creek is full of zombies and I have no weapons. (I have since discovered that I was somewhere near Berezino)

That humourous introduction aside, I found myself in a rather nice place. A forested hill lay before me, and once on top I surveyed my surroundings. A small village lay before me, but I decided against trying to search it for supplies. There were far too many zeds, and with no guarantee of a weapon to be found in the settlement, it would be a stupid decision at best. With a few shamblers making their way in my direction, I decided it was best to get the hell out of dodge... Until I heard flies. Knowing they may full well lead me to a former survivor with weapons he probably didn't use very well, I followed them to a clearing. It had started raining quite heavily, but the temperature sat hot around 30C. A rusted truck with a blood-stained door caught my eye, but the flies came from beyond that. A set of body bags neatly arranged, six across and five deep, and behind that, a massive grave full of decaying corpses. Needless to say, I was thoroughly disturbed and got the hell out of there.

On the other side of the hill was a small town surrounded by industrial equipment. While searching a construction site and coming out with a replacement engine and several bandages, I heard gunshots. With no way to respond, I pushed into the city. The first few buildings were empty. Zombies were everywhere. It was nerve-racking, but in the third building I finally found a pistol, and later, a rifle. Then I heard the gunshots again. I fired my pistol in a similar pattern to that which he had fired in, hoping to catch his attention. He was west of me, but the town square and several dozen zombie-filled streets were between us. I fired again in a distinct pattern. One and, --- and three, -- four and, --- and two, ----... he responded in kind. I was making my way in his direction, firing a shot into the sky every minute or so and meeting his response. I was getting close. Suddenly, the shots because erratic. He was firing quickly, and a lot. I quickened my pace.

Two minutes later, I came upon a clearing. A survivor lay dead against a building on the side, a half a clip of pistol ammo left on his body.

Shit. Here I go, again, on my owwwn~... Yes, that is the only Whitesnake song I know.

Edited by Vermilion

I'd like to tell you something that happened yesterday.

I was on the search for food near Chernagorsk at night. Suddenly, I heard some shots far away in the east, a very bold one and several less heavy ones. I looked at the old gas station but couldn't spot anything, so I crawled onto a small hill, hoping to get an overview without being spotted myself.

So I was laying there, under a small bush, when I saw two survivors running through the bushes about 20 meters away. I was frightened and kept observing the two strangers, a man and a woman, both armed. The man had a bigger rifle, that's all I could tell. I guess he was the one I heard shooting earlier.

They stopped and slowly turned so they were facing me. I began to panic, got out my AK and began shooting at them. They didn't do anything. It was dark and I could barely see where I was shooting. When I stopped I witnessed something I won't get out of my mind too soon.

The man was crawling towards the woman, who passed out. I didn't know what I was doing and started firing at them again until I saw the man laying on the ground as well. The woman slowly got up and I shot again until they were both motionless. It was entitely silent and just now I realized I did something wrong.

I ran up to the corpses and looked at their inventory. The man just had a rifle, not even ammo, and all the woman was carrying was a crossbow. They wouldn't have been dangerous to me at that time.

I was often venting about people randomly killing people. But in that night, I realized I became one of them by killing two innocent strangers who were, just like me, simply trying to survive.

- We stopped looking for monsters under our bed when we realized they were inside us

Wow..... that touched me.

Monster

I spawned at Bolota, so I made my way towards the air strip, I pass the medical tents and exit the tree line before the air strip. As I exit the tree line I see a player with a weapon, I paused but he started sprinting at me, ready to kill me with a axe. So, I sprinted back to the tree line with the axe bandit chasing me, ready to chop me to bits. I think quickly and decide to run west and get to the arial tower before he does and hopefully find a weapon. I finally make it in, and at the second story I find a AKM with ammo and as soon as I pick it up, I see the same axe bandit coming in, through the window. I wait for him to enter and he sees me as he comes in, with my new shiny AKM in hand. Ohh man that moment were he realized that the prey became the hunter, felt so awesome, pop,pop and he dies. I hardly kill on sight, I try to be a good guy at times even though its hard at times, but damn at that moment revenge felt soo..... good.

• Like 1

Some friends and I were at Bolota and were watching the tents for activity when I guy runs toward the crashed hummer near the first tent. He prones and seems to put down a satchel charge. Then he explodes. I don't know why but it just seemed eerie. We never saw movement for the next 15 minutes and moved on.

So, I was just mugged (see three posts back). I'm bummed and chilling in SE central Cherno, unwilling to risk Starry in a full 40 server. So, in search of the elusive M24, I head through Pogorevka towards the two deer stands to the east. Lo and behold, as I walk into the town, I see an odd shape in the middle of the road. Straight edges, a tint of red, not mangled enough to be a car wreck... My excitement grows with each step. As I burst through the last bushes obstructing my vision, my hopes are a reality - it's a fully repaired UAZ sitting in the middle of the road.

I drop to my stomach and search for the owners. The UAZ was fully functional, stranded only by an empty gas tank. After 15 minutes of waiting, I decided to check out the town's industrial and farm buildings for a jerry can. I crawled through the town, using my trusty revolver and smoke grenades to keep aggro low, before I made it to the tool shed. Inside, I found a body - likely that of the UAZ owner - with nothing but a makarov and a bandage to his name. Inside the shed I found a treasure trove - two smoke grenades and a helicopter rotor assembly. No fuel.

So, my epic 6km journey began. First, I went north, to Rogovo, seeing as two good farm and industrial buildings stood there. Once again, I was taunted with helicopter rotors and fuel assembly parts, but absolutely no gasoline! I headed 2km west to the farm at Sosnovy Pass, then north to Pustoshka. Strapping on an ALICE pack I found in the supermarket, I searched the warehouse frantically, praying that no one else had recovered the UAZ yet. Inside the warehouse, behind a cargo container, I found my prize. Two jerry cans and a spare wheel went into my pack as I made the treacherous journey through the Starry-NWA danger zone.

As I left the warehouse, I jumped in fright as bullets pinged off the metal door next to my head. A survivor with an Enfield was firing in my direction, hapless of the zombies he was drawing in the process. Rather than take out the aggressor, I dashed around the wall of the warehouse compound and into the city, watching as zombies streaked by me, passing me up for the more attractive noise of the Lee Enfield ringing a dinner bell. Soon, the whizzing bullets stopped passing me and the shots faded into the distance.

I returned to Pogorevka, victorious. I fueled up the UAZ, revved the engine, and mowed down the first zombie to cross the street without using a designated pedestrian walkway. I headed NE, checking my map for a usable fuel station, and I eventually came to stop at a farmhouse near Starry.

As I transferred fuel into my UAZ, I again came under fire, this time from an M1911 at a distance of 250m. My attacker was trying to disable my tires instead of engaging me directly, presumably to stall while his backup arrived (speculation on my part, it's the only reason he would've logically not tried to sneak/assassinate me off the bat). I jumped in the car, cursing as my pristine hull was pierced by .45 rounds, and zoomed into the distance.

Of course, I couldn't just have my cake. I had to flaunt it.

So I buzzed Starry Sobor in a UAZ before riding off into the sunset.

• Like 1

The other day when me and my friend were scavenging for vehicle parts between Dolina and Polana we heard shots ring out, it seemed to be coming from over the hill to the east from us. We decided to investigate and moved in closer. As we were nearing the factory we suddenly heard a loud explosion go off to our west, a big cloud of smoke went up from behind a hill. Quickly we scurried over, splitting up a bit with me going up in the treeline securing an overwatch position. As I closed in on the smoke I could see a burnt out jeep right next to a single tree on the left of the road. On the ground close to it there were two survivors bleeding and obviously passed out and another survivor in the middle of them trying to give them first aid. We and my friend decided then and there that we would use their misfortune to our benefit and layed down fire from our positions killing all of them before they had a chance to get patched up.

Enjoyed the loot all the way up to Berezino where we both got sniped, and so the story begins anew!

Edited by bobgold

Airfield story:

Me and my buddy BAEM met up just north of the NWAF, at the end of the mountain trail, looking for an ATV to get around faster. Needless to say, we had no luck. So instead we decide to make a loot-run to the airfield, check the barracks, maybe get some NVGs and other gear. We do an inventory check to see if all our gear survived the re-log. It did. I still had my FAL with 6 mags and my 1911, and BAEM was still carrying his AKM with plenty of ammo to go around and his silenced M9. With this, we were equipped for nearly all situations. His AKM would be able to hold off larger amount of zombies while only making a moderate ruckus, His pistol would be perfect against single zeds, while my pistol would be good for smaller groupings of the bastards. And of course, my FAL, which is an amazing piece of hardware and would be pefect in fighting other players, with the only real shortcoming being the loud report.

So we moved in....slowly, carefully...not seeing a thing. We're coming from the northwest and pass the first two hangars when I suddenly spot them: two players. My hearrate goes up and hit the PTT

Pixel: "Players...two players!"

BAEM: "Where? I don't see them!"

Pixel: "By the treeline, right next to that little building there, should I open up?"

BAEM: "Hang on....yeah I got it, bag 'em!"

I open up with my FAL. The first guy has not even a remote chance of survival, he gets two .308 rounds dead center into his back, going down, very dead. The second player moves away into the trees, I can't see him anymore and decide to save the incredibly rare ammo for my FAL. I leave it to BAEM instead, who sprays the little wooden area with his AKM. Unsure if he hit something, he stops shooting, there's no return fire. We don't know if the guy is still there, if he's hurt or not, if he moved away or simply disconnected. But we don't see any player moving and there's no incoming fire, so we decide to solve our next problem: zombies. Even the two lone shots from my FAL attracted every zombie in the area. We deal with them, using our pistols. We quickly move away from our current position, but we still want to check the dead body/bodies we created. So me make a long-arched turn and move into the little tree area. I crawl to the body and check his gear...

Pixel: "A CZ550, guess he was the sniper of the two....ALICE Pack....Revolver.....HOLY SHIT! That dude has nightvision!"

BAEM: "You goddamn lucker, that's what? The third set you found?"

Pixel: "Yes, the third, but I never kept them long, I swear to god those things are cursed. I want to keep this longer than two hours without dying. We should move out, we made too much noise anyway."

BAEM: "No way dude...you got your share of loot now, I still want mine, we're checking the barracks at least."

So I accept and we move to the barracks. We hear an M16 firing on the far end of the airfield, by the other barracks, nothing to worry about if we're fast. We move in, of course we find nothing of use, the place has been picked clean more than once already. BAEM pouts cause he got no gear out of it, and we decide to leave.

We exit the barracks and head straight north, deciding to leave the airfield now. BAEM goes first, I'm behind him. He crosses the little road, I look left and right for anything unusual when suddenly he yells.

"PLAYER! right next to me, he just logged in!"

I had my FAL on the guy faster than BAEM could unsling his AKM and I bagged him. Of course, that brought another wave of zombies down on us. Not really a problem, I unholster my M1911 and hit the PTT.

"Just run man, we'll deal with them outside, but we need to get out!"

But just as I had stashed my highly effective FAL away to use the flimsy M1911 against the zombies, I hear a rifle go off and BAEMs frantic shouts.

"There's another one!! Ghillie suit, by the trees! I'm hit!"

I make a dash across the road, intent on just getting the hell out...I take a hit...but minor...must be an M4 he's using. I slow down to give some supressive fire onto the trees he's in (with a 1911...yeah that's a clever idea...) and keep moving. I make it through the large hole in the ground, still my 1911 in hand, zombies hot on my tail, I lost sight of BAEM and the other player, which is a problem cause they're both in a ghillie suit. I move back out of the hole, towards the gorious exit. I keep telling myself "you're gonna make it! You can go back for BAEM, you're gonna make it!"

Suddenly I see a guy in the ghillie steps out from in between the trees...and the one moment it took me to determine that this guy was holding an M16 and therefor is NOT BAEM, were my doom. He opened fire, I opened fire. I empty my 1911 towards him, I'm sure I hit but he didn't drop. And just as I shot off my last round I hear the sickening CRACK of my own leg, the bone succumbing to a bullet. I drop down, hit, bleeding, unable to move. I'm still conscious...but the zombies get me and beat me. I go unscious. But I can still watch the scene unfold and talk to BAEM.

Pixel: "I'm down! But he's hit, get him!"

BAEM: "I'm hit myself!"

I keep watching...and I see BAEM come out of the trees as well. He's shooting his AKM at full auto.

BAEM: "I got him, he's dead..."

Pixel: "Can you get to me?"

BAEM: "No man, I'm not gonna make it, I got zombies all over..."

And just then I see him go down from zombie hits. I finally bleed to death in a middle of a warzone, with zombies snarling all over. BAEM passes not long after me and we take a breath.

BAEM: "Well....I mean...it sucks that we're dead, but that was fucking amazing!"

Pixel: "I just set a new record bro. I didn't even have those damn NVGs for 10 minutes, I told you they are cursed!"

I'm telling you all, I'm never picking up NVGs again...even I find a whole bag of them, they're bad news, I tell you!

• Like 3

Good Guy Greg story from today.

My friend and I were playing, and got ambushed at a few hangers by zombies and 3 players. We were unarmed, but they shot anyway (thank god they were bad shots), and then, when all seemed bleak, we hear an engine in the distance.

These two guys pull up in a blue van, and one hops out, and guns down the survivors chasing us and the zombies, then tells us to get in. We do so without hesitation. They ask where we are going, and we say Cherno. They drop us off just outside the border, and drive off.

TL;DR: Good Guy Greg and Good Guy Greg #2 save my friend and I from sure death, then give us a ride in their luxurious van.

• Like 1