Sign in to follow this  
bond1971@tpg.com.au

Strange Hack ?

Thought I would try out a private hive, attempt to avoid hackers... so far I havent been too successful..

Last night, running through the woods North of Cherno I spotted behind me 'Jason', equipped with a ice hockey mask and an axe.. I managed to avoid him for 30 secs until he teleported onto me..

But the weirdest thing that happened to me was just then, both of these hacks occurred on AUSARMA ANZ#1, private hive, anyway, I was sitting behind a closed door, two bandits knew I was in the area and had just killed my friend, when all of a sudden my screen flickered, FOLLOW popped up on left hand side of screen and then my character took on a life of his own, he opened the door and then proceeded to simply run towards where one of the hackers was, I quickly tried to CTRL-ALT-ESC so not sure if I was quick enough or not but has anyone encountered hackers doing this yet?

oh great, cant log back into server now, getting this error message -

You were kicked off the game. (BattlEye: Admin Ban (DayZ Anti-Hax 09.11.2012 17:38 (MP Event Handler Exception)))

Can someone please explain what this is ?, I am assuming its a local ban and not a global ban, anyone else getting this?

Hello there

Admin ban, not global.

Try to contact said admin.

Rgds

LoK

Its a form of 'puppet master' hack. Where basically they get control of your character. Not sure how they do this and have not had it done to me but my friends have apparantly had it done to them. I've seen videos on youtube where people have been playing and then they get teleported and everyone's character starts dancing etc.

Its annoying when admins ban people for the wrong reasons (or no reason whatsoever) even if they were mistaken they should really look into the logs etc before banning someone. If they don't want to then they shouldn't be an admin as thats the responsibilty of the position.