bfisher

Couldn't play because I was spending the past week living in a real life Chernarus

Last week, wind and flooding from Hurricane Sandy knocked out power and all public transportation in the Hoboken/Weehawken/Jersey City area where I live. So I did what any new spawn would do. Threw on my "player skin" of workboots, old jeans, a North Face fleece vest and baseball hat and went exploring/scavaging for loot. I have to say, DayZ really does capture the look and feel of being in a wrecked, deserted city. And actually, it's a lot easier in real life. There were no zombies (although my wife wasn't so sure). No snipers. No hackers. You do have to be aware of potential bandits though and there are a lot more "players" but most of them are friendly (and unarmed).

Can't smash open the hospital with an ax to steal medicine though. They'll arrest you for looting.

• Like 8

Yeah and when I went up to NJ this weekend you couldn't get gas nearly as fast as DayZ

I think I waited for 2 hours

Should have just got a jerrycan

You should have crawled down the street with just a flashlight in your hand calling out ' Anyone in Hoboken !?! '

• Like 5

You should have crawled down the street with just a flashlight in your hand calling out ' Anyone in Hoboken !?! '

Holy shit Het, I spit Dew onto my monitor! lmao

If you spit Dew is it Spew?

B hope you and yours didn't suffer to badly. My whole family lucked out (NY), worse they suffered was no power and a few new shingles needed for the roof. I worried the whole night since I am in the middle of the country now a days.

• Like 1

There was some...unpleasentness...when I ran up to a National Guardsman screaming "friendly" and then tried to hit him with an ax to get ahold of his M-16.

Did you gut any stray cats and cook up cat steaks under a tin roof with a small fire and pepsi to wash it down?

Close to it. My wife and I managed to find someone with a camping stove so she could grill up some leftover chicken while I stood in around a generator with a crowd of people charging our cell phones.

And one of my neighbors even had NV binocs!

Although I am afflicted with a great case of real life cranked up gamma and brightness (always fun to have a damaged iris), I wish I had some.

Oh boy, the things I would have done with a pair 15 years ago...

There was some...unpleasentness...when I ran up to a National Guardsman screaming "friendly" and then tried to hit him with an ax to get ahold of his M-16.

Close to it. My wife and I managed to find someone with a camping stove so she could grill up some leftover chicken while I stood in around a generator with a crowd of people charging our cell phones.

The quite crowd amongst the mayhem its to bad you didnt grip the M-16 and take over the guardsmen shit would have got real when you looted the market after that

• Like 1

Can't smash open the hospital with an ax to steal medicine though

Try using an empty can.

• Like 1

Did, at any point, you find yourself at the beach without any stuff? Or got home to find someone had constructed a tank trap in your front room? Maybe when you got home you were so happy to be safe and dry that you closed the front door a little too quick and then had to crawl back to the hospital for morphine...

Did, at any point, you find yourself at the beach without any stuff? Or got home to find someone had constructed a tank trap in your front room? Maybe when you got home you were so happy to be safe and dry that you closed the front door a little too quick and then had to crawl back to the hospital for morphine...

I suppose Weehawken Cove could be considered a beach. I did see a lot of people try to assemble a working vehicle after the flooding.

Please, it wasn't Chernarus if you aren't killed by hackers, cows aren't parachuting, and doors aren't lethal :D

Please, it wasn't Chernarus if you aren't killed by hackers, cows aren't parachuting, and doors aren't lethal :D

Then why was the entrance to my neighborhood Stop & Shop blocked by some jerks tent?

• Like 1

Then why was the entrance to my neighborhood Stop & Shop blocked by some jerks tent?

You´re trying to convince me there was no barbed wire?

While I was driving towards Union, NJ in my repaired vehicle the day following the storm, I raided a grocery store and loaded up on beans, coke, and pepsi. The cashiers weren't too happy when I tried to walk out without paying though.. They also gave me weird looks when I asked them where they keep their Enfields and shotguns..

I expect they wouldn't have been bothered if you had taken a crowbar in with you though, as they're so useless