Sign in to follow this  
28DayZLater

Scariest moments in DayZ?

So what are some of the scaries moments you've had in dayz?

I havn't had that many, but one of the scariest has to be when i was fully kitted out, in my finally fully rapaired truck, when all of a sudden someone shouted 'HACKER', then almost instantly, everyone on the server died, my car exploded, the explosion almost deafening me, but somehow,i managed to get out of the truck before it 're'exploded and survived, jeez i was scared.

So what are some of the scaries moments you've had in dayz?

I havn't had that many, but one of the scariest has to be when i was fully kitted out, in my finally fully rapaired truck, when all of a sudden someone shouted 'HACKER', then almost instantly, everyone on the server died, my car exploded, the explosion almost deafening me, but somehow,i managed to get out of the truck before it 're'exploded and survived, jeez i was scared.

Scariest DayZ Moment:

Ok, I had just spawned at Komorovo, and I had just passed Balota. Finding nothing at the camp, or airstrip, I decided to head over to Cherno, but on my way there... some crazy things happened.

I was on the railroad, running, in the dark, with only a flashlight, when I saw a man, standing on the railroad, wearing a ghillie suit. He had no weapons, and just stood there, looking at me. I stopped, and looked back. He then started walking, but not just normal, slow paced walking. This was running-pace walking. All of a sudden, I had about 4/5 zombies behind me, chasing me, aswell as this man was 'walking' towards me. I ran, towards the coast, and tried to get to anyone else that could maybe see me, and this 'thing', but to no avail. Just me, him and now about 8 zombies behind us.

I had ran around some industrial buildings, and then had lost sight of the zombies. Quickly, I put my flashlight off, and turned my brightness up so maybe I could see him better. He was gone. Just like that, gone. So were the zombies. Weird I thought to myself, so I carried on through Cherno, going in to the church first.

I had found a crowbar in the church, and had met up with a friend of mine, but when we were about to head out the doors, 'it' appeared again on the other side of the road. I ran, but my friend couldn't. He was laughing to hard, but so was I. It was one of these moments were it's funny and scary at the same time... More freaky than scary.

He came after me, and my friend followed after. Turning around, to try and hit him, he stopped. Came up to me, stopped again., and was gone.

At this point I knew it was just a hacker playing with me, but before, I didn't even think about that, I thought it might of been a bug, or easter egg. The time was 00:40 on the server, and 01:40 in real time.

One of the freakiest, but funniest moments of my DayZ experience. If hackers gonna hack, let them be like this. Don't ruin the game, and kill people for no reason.

• Like 2

Oh, and love the song you have, singing it to the tune of 'The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air' was just hilarious :D

• Like 1

ok

so like

me and my buddies were going to berenzino to get avehicle

and we find a scoobyvan

its missing one wheel at the gas station, and my 3 of 5 budies go off to go get some wheels

so me and my comrade dillon are here at the gas station, i have an 870 and he has a revolver

then we hear brmmmmmm vrummm

then wouldnt ya know it, a fuckin offroad pickup comes flyin' down the hill and parks in the gas station

a ghillie guy with an l85 TWS hops out

im like OH SHIT cuz he turned and was about to shoot is

i blasted some slugs in his ass and he fell back onto his truck, dead. then i go over to loot the body when BAM a bullet lands next to me

im like OH SHIT SNIPER

then like 2 seconds later we hear bam from an m107 yeah?

so we're thinking 'oh we're fucked man'

so we hide behind the gas station and wait for our buddies to come back and help

and all of a sudden rounds come flying through the wall of the building just over us, and after a few mins it stops so we think we're in the clear

so we go and start looting the truck. for some reason it was full of knives

and turns out we killed the server admin

then when our back is turned his buddy comes around the building, l85 in hand and cuts us down

Raiding NW Air Field... only me on the server... it was late at night. Just get out of the far west hanger and go out the back of it to lay down in the bushes to dodge a Z. Im not there for more than 10 seconds when 4 clan members spawn in right in front of me. As soon as they see my name on the server they have mics on and are all talking about killing me on sight. I am laying within feet of them while they are saying this... They move out front and find my motorbike parked in the hanger so they all go in and are talking about who will drive it. I creep up to the front of the bunker..... and then one of them says... "Hey... What if this is that guys and he is up here now" talking about me... As the other guy is talking about going out looking for me I am pulling the pin on a grenade... They didnt even hear a thing until it was too late. I started shooting with my M4 Suppressed before the Frag went off but when it did...1 bike and 4 bandits go bye bye!

After I cleared up the mess I realized that my heart was beating out of my chest! I grabbed what I could from their corpses, left the bike and ran away!

When I am on a night time server and every time the music starts to play it always feel like SLENDERMAN IS IN THE FOREST RIGHT BEHIND YOU AND A ZOMBIE ATTACKS YOU CAUSING MASSIVE GUNSHOTS...

My heart rate man...

When I first started and somehow found my way to an airfield tower, I basically had a hatchet and a rifle with no ammo. So I go up the last set of stairs into the top of the tower, and from what I saw, was someone looting a corpse, he looked unarmed so I said hi. The guy stood up and turned around, he was actually a zombie, I was scared shitless.

Edited by invalidturkey

Oh, and love the song you have, singing it to the tune of 'The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air' was just hilarious :D

Thanks man:D

Thanks for all the replies, another off mine has to be when i had just spawned in and justmanaged to spot a hatchback by a gas station, i just freaked out, managed to get in and driveoff whilst under heavy fire from the bandit of whose the hatchback was, never been so thrilled in a video game

Today I feel to start on a server with server which has 3th person deactivated. I spawned near berenzino so I decided to start there. Looted the whole city without seeing or hearing something (it was night). I was at the last apartment I wanted to loot before I would have went to the military tents.

So I went down the stairs and suddenly someone with a mk48 shot at me nearly a full magazine, my display turns white, because he was right in front of me.

Once approached a lumber yard, on one of the roads North out of Cherno, at night. I walked towards the one industrial building, stopped, and waited for a zombie(s) to spawn...and nothing. After waiting awhile, I assume nothing is going to spawn and head into the building.

Once inside, I thought it was pretty unusual to not have any zeds to deal with so I turn on my flashlight (had never really used the thing before since it's a zed magnet). I'm sweeping around the black room with the beam, and the light catches something.

I swing the beam back to see a pair of legs. I sweep the light up the legs until I see the face of a zed right in front of me standing there motionless. As soon as the beam lit up his face, he screamed and launched at me.

I had a hatchet, but was so startled that I ran straight out of the place, squealing like a 5-year-old..

Yesterday I was in Cherno (or maybe elektro) looting a fire station, found an AK Kobra, pretty happy.

From the tower, I see a guy running with about 6 zombies following him.

I start shooting zombies to help him, but thinking I was trying to kill him, he fires in reply.

Suddenly a car arrives in town and stops, and the guy jumps in. And don't know why but I kept firing and tryed to stop the car. Quickly someone shoot from nowhere and I'm dead.

But the story is just beggining...

I respawn on the east coast. My plan was to get some food in medium residential loot area, and then walk in-land.

After some poor loots, a car comes to me and honk. The guy tell me to get in if I wanted to. Looking for adventure, I jumped in. After one or two kilometers, the guy told me something like "I know you, you opened fire on my car"

My blood just froze. I was in the car of a guy I tryed to kill, unarmed, and lost in the middle of nowhere. He seemed pretty mad (and I can understand why), so jumped out of the car as soon as possible.

"Where are you going? I just want to talk!" he yelled while I was trying to run away. He did not wanted to talk, he chased me with his car through the town, trying to crush me. I finaly come to a dead-end, my only option was to get in a building and hide.

First I thought I was safe, but he started talking. "I'm going to find you", "You're dead, no need to hide".

Indeed, he find me, and killed me.

This was the scariest night in my DayZ life.

Yesterday I was in the bunker in Namalsk and heard someone moving around, I looked around for like 10 minutes - nobody there, walk through a doorway and a head pops out from behind a crate and instantly kills me. I damn near jumped out my seat.

I was pinned down in the Cherno Firehouse for an hour and a half by two bandit snipers across at the Internation Hotel.

He ended up killing me, but I ran all the way from Kamenka and got all my stuff back, then immediatly logged out.

me and my friend we're at his car, and having fun. we thought we would ride over a goat, to get kebab. XD so when i hitted it, the goat fucking dissapeared. well thats just the beginning. when we were arriving to the stary sobor Military tents, i saw 2 guys. i said to my friend "GET THE FUCK OUT THERES 2 GUYS" and then i got out and i started firing at them with my M4, and my friend with his M240. we realised they were just standing, and not moving anywhere. then i walked to them, my friend covering me, of course. then we found out those were dupes, and both were dead :( we got alot of good gear tho. next story. i was at Cherno, i had just got killed with an AKM with 7 mags, and i was looking for my killer, because he killed me in cherno. so i goed to the orange house near the supermarket, and saw this guy standing with revolver. i shot him with my crossbow, missed, goed out of the room, took my .45, reloaded it, and goed back. i started shooting at his head, and then. he turned. he shot 1 bullet at me, and then felt down. i was like What the fuck? i found L85 AWS on him, Camo Clothing, etc. very rare stuff. that was RLY odd. next story. i was at NWAF, with 4 player group, i just met them randomly, we met at cherno. so one of them got killed, and after that i didnt hear about him. then the 2 other guys saw a truck, and told me to keep going to NWAF, they would be right behind me. then they told me they were going to hide the truck to NWAF woods, when i already started driving to hangars. then i saw this guy with Ghillie, and hes other friend with M4. they started firing at me, so i stopped, got out, took my Winchester, wich i got from the group. then i got out, and he thought i was dead. so he walked away, with his back turned, and i said to him in Side Chat: "Yippie yay kay mothafuckaa" and opened fire. but no, there was somekinda bug and the weapon didnt fire at all. so i told my friends that i needed help, and just after that, he came behind me and said "Excuse me?" and shot me with a .45. my friends had arrived too slow, though they killed the 2. later i found out that one of them was a hacker, and when i was at cherno, thought i would Gear up, he and his friend spawned in front of me with a 4X4. i almost got fucking heart attack. then he spawned a medical box witch had EVERYTHING in it. everysingle thing in ArmA 2 aswell as DayZ. they gave me the car, and goed away. later i met them building a car camp. they spawned boat, truck, Tractor, UAZ, etc. later i took the UAZ to meet with my friends, but i saw 2 guys, witch were duped and dead already, and didnt look, and crashed. my friend helped me cause i had broken legs, and when he was giving me morphine, the car fuckin exploded. this is all true, hard to believe maybe.

Namalsk at nighttime. That thing is made of nightmares.

The Single Player is terrifying ! Especially if you play it BEFORE you have played DayZ Namalsk AND have the A.C. turned on really high so you get goosebumps !

Those [not going to spoil it with a spoiler] that attack you are the scariest things you will ever see in an Arma 2 mod.

First things first... no other game has ever made my heart pound like a mother F#cker. So ive had a few heart pounding situations so far in Day Z, one of them I was playing with a buddy, we were LANing at his place. So were up at the air field, checking stuff out, hangers, and north barracks when I see something through one of the windows in the top of the fire house tower. I yell "GET DOWN", we immediately hit the floor and start checking our surroundings, hes still in the tower so I try to take a shot with my m107 and it clips the window frame and he lays down. After setting up in a good location with a bit of cover we come to the conclusion that its only 1 guy (its never just 1 guy). So my buddy is like "im gonna go up to the fire house and check it out". He gets inside and starts climbing the ladders when hes ambushed by 2 guys with hackets who hack him to peices (my friend is quite dramatic so it was pretty scary). So hes now dead, and im alone near 2 axe murders in a fire house? could be a movie. Anyway I retreat back into the woods and make my way alllll the way around the air strip to get a bit of high ground and check for these 2 guys. Sure enough they are still there and one is on the roof of the building so I pick his ass off and and miss his friend in the tower who I am sure logged out (I could see blood dripping through the floors in the tower then it stopped and he didnt get up to bandage). So I make my way over to command center ..I take the exterior ladder and once I get in the top room this kid comes flying up the stairs swinging for the fences with his axe I turn and blast him in legs with my m107 no scope and we both fall over unconcious and we both bleed out..... unreal.

On a good note I was the first to run back and picked up everyones loot lol.... was a good day.

Scariest DayZ Moment:

Ok, I had just spawned at Komorovo, and I had just passed Balota. Finding nothing at the camp, or airstrip, I decided to head over to Cherno, but on my way there... some crazy things happened.

I was on the railroad, running, in the dark, with only a flashlight, when I saw a man, standing on the railroad, wearing a ghillie suit. He had no weapons, and just stood there, looking at me. I stopped, and looked back. He then started walking, but not just normal, slow paced walking. This was running-pace walking. All of a sudden, I had about 4/5 zombies behind me, chasing me, aswell as this man was 'walking' towards me. I ran, towards the coast, and tried to get to anyone else that could maybe see me, and this 'thing', but to no avail. Just me, him and now about 8 zombies behind us.

I had ran around some industrial buildings, and then had lost sight of the zombies. Quickly, I put my flashlight off, and turned my brightness up so maybe I could see him better. He was gone. Just like that, gone. So were the zombies. Weird I thought to myself, so I carried on through Cherno, going in to the church first.

I had found a crowbar in the church, and had met up with a friend of mine, but when we were about to head out the doors, 'it' appeared again on the other side of the road. I ran, but my friend couldn't. He was laughing to hard, but so was I. It was one of these moments were it's funny and scary at the same time... More freaky than scary.

He came after me, and my friend followed after. Turning around, to try and hit him, he stopped. Came up to me, stopped again., and was gone.

At this point I knew it was just a hacker playing with me, but before, I didn't even think about that, I thought it might of been a bug, or easter egg. The time was 00:40 on the server, and 01:40 in real time.

One of the freakiest, but funniest moments of my DayZ experience. If hackers gonna hack, let them be like this. Don't ruin the game, and kill people for no reason.

YOUVE SEEN SLENDAR WOOKIE TOO!!!!!!!!! WTF I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE