Sumrak

DayZ: Namalsk

Which hemisphere is the Namalsk map set in?

Bering Strait if I remember well... so Boreal Emisphere.

Are you running Arma with -showScriptErrors, if so, are there any errors popping up during the gameplay? Also, if you have rpt file available, if there are any script warnings / errors?

Nope, no errors or warnings. It's very illogical, I can't understand why is not working.

Hey guys, so 0.741 (1.7.6.1 compatible) is here finally!

Sorry, it took some time as I had to solve the issue with loading the loot schemes (DayZMod had pretty big changes with 1.7.5.1 in this). But it is now hopefully working and the custom loot schemes should now work again just like they were before.

DayZ: Namalsk [v0.741], DayZMod 1.7.6.1 compatible

Client-side

Changed: Needed files were updated for DayZMod 1.7.6.1

Changed: G36K -> G36K_camo and G36a -> G36A_camo in loot tables to support multiple sights feature, which are only available in OA variants (*_camo), thanks to Dr.Zed for this suggestion!

Changed: Minor changes / additions to the loot tables of Namalsk to reflect DayZMod's changes (Added machete, changed crossbow, added new types of food, trash, FoodMRE & FoodNutmix to some military loot tables (rare occurrence))

Fixed: Loot table loading, no-sniper or no-er7 schemes should once again work now

Server-side

Changed: BE filters to counter spam/kicks (scripts.txt), created by newest changes in DayZMod & DayZ Namalsk

Changed: Updated dayz_server.pbo and its files for DayZMod 1.7.6.1

Download etc. - as always - on first post or directly on http://www.nightstalkers.cz/

• Like 3

Which hemisphere is the Namalsk map set in?

Northen, more precisely Bering Strait

Idk why, but every time I restart the server all the MTVRs (Just the MTVRs) despawn and won't respawn, they aren't even damaged...

I am not an expert on dayz servers, but I guess, try to check your vehicle spawning script and db (if there is an entry for mtvr for example).

Nope, no errors or warnings. It's very illogical, I can't understand why is not working.

Tbh, me neither :lol: , let me know, how things are with the newest update.

• Like 1

I´ve had 1.7.5 allready running. I copied and overwrote all files with those from your download links. But when I try to get in the game, it only shows me that something went wrong.

I´m missing the folders from 1.7.5. The files I dl are only containing the pbo´s.

I start my server with the old parameters which containing: @hive, @DayZ_Namalsk and @DayZ_Namalsk_@DayZ. Is this still the same or do I have to change something. There is no description on how to start the server, and where the files have to go.

It´s not possible to copy all files and start the server like before.

Thanks in advance for any help.

EDIT: Got it working!

If you run the 1.7.5 version of Namalsk you have to replace the modified @DayZ_Namalsk_@DayZ folder with the original @DayZ 1.7.6.1 version. In the startup parameters of your server replace the @DayZ_Namalsk_@DayZ with @DayZ.

General update from 1.7.5:

Copy the content of the dl-files from "dayz_namalsk_v0.741" to path\to\arma2oa-directory\@DayZ_Namalsk (or what ever you called your folder which contains the Namalsk files)

Download the dayz_namalsk_srvthings files.

Copy the dayz_server.pbo into @hive\Addons\. Just overwrite the existing dayz_server.pbo. (Please make sure that you have the latest hive files)

Copy the dayz_1.namalsk.pbo to your MPMission folder. Also overwrite.

I kept the old db from 1.7.5, and previour, without any issues atm. No need to import the namalsk_spawns.sql to your database if you have allready one.

At least you have to replace the script.txt file in your BattlEye folder with the new one from the dl.

I hope that I could save someones time with this short update guide.

Edited by Polli
  • Like 2

Polli: I really appreciate your how to guide for the Namalsk installation. I recently got a dedicated server over at Vilayer and have been having a trouble correctly installing Namalsk. Thanks to you, though, my 0.741 server is up and running!

I greatly appreciate your guide!

Sumrak: I thank you for all of your hard work, and all of your help! You are the man!

-CRAFT

Edited by CRAFT_26
  • Like 1

Seraja Army base seems to kill people, and Tara bridge flings people up... I'll get a video of this here in a couple of hours.

• Like 1

Hey Sumrak,

Could you please post a list of "allowed" vehicles for Namalsk? I run a server, and was just experimenting with adding various vehicles from my server provider's database to the map, and several spawned but were invisible until I replaced them with more common ones. For instance, I wanted to add a few of the tan desert humvees, the desert M1030, and a GAZ Vodnik. However, I suppose these have not been approved to run in Namalsk yet? A list of "approved" or "permitted" vehicles would be awesome. I am running .741 with 1.7.6.1 by the way, and I think it is great. Thanks for the update.

Updated my 1.7.5.1 namalsk server to 1.7.6.1 low and behold THE Medbox0 line needed adding to createvehcile AGIN also scripts.txt from ur site still isnot updated correctly for 1.7.6.1 batteye kicks #20 for eating food and either #40 #45 for being hit by a zombi in a vehicle Please dont tell me to update my filters this is ur reply for everything YOU UPDATE YOUR FILTERS!

ahah my server now is even more fucked up, people keep spawning in the open ocean far away form any land. And 3P view don't show the player model!

Edited by Cluster

hey sumrak, why the bunker at A2 is not pitch black? we kinda missing out on the potential horror here. like its suppose to be. ^_^

Probably because it doesn't fit with the rest of the map. No sense in having a single horror themed place in a survival map, also it would make loot hard to see.

Just did a quick count on DayZCommander for Namalsk:

155 total servers

0.74: 113 total

0.741: 12 total

Other versions: 30 total.

Checked out that bug on crossing Tara bridge on 0.741... >ejected into sky then splat.

This is still by far my favourite map, I will be sad to see this go.

Much better than Taviana, Lingor etc, even without the survival aspect. The map design is just better.

• Like 1

Hey all,

I love the concept of Namalsk and I am trying to help setup a server. However one the serve it seems Zombies and Loot are far and few. After an hour of travel looting Sabjen mine and norinsk, I ended up killing 12 zombie and loot just 8 cans of food 4 sodas and 1911 pistil with 2 clips. I am runnning .741 of this mod ad 1.7.6.1 of dayz. Also it seems the weather is not cold at all. I go to other servers and I lose heat and fight 8 - 10 zombies in just the first 15 mins.

The only loot that seems to spawn are in the building from Chernua dayz.

Thanks for any help it is a cool map

Hi all,

First of all thanks to Sumrak for making the awsome Namalsk experience possible on DayZ and always comming out quite quick with updated versions wich are compatible with the new DayZ versions!

Second all those glitches you people are experience on Tarabridge, Lubjanks or Tara Docks, Serjam Armybase or even with spawning over the Ocean has nothing to do with Sumraks latest Namalskversion.

Its caused by the so called Antiteleport implimentation of the latest DayZ version (1.7.6.1) like a simple change of Humanety can let you spawn over the Ocean. Or to be teleported in the Air on diffrent areas are also happening on public Chernarus servers. There are fixes existing for this already on the web and they work great. Simply turn off the Antiteleport-thingy wich isnt working at all and cost only glitches.

Wich ya all a nice day!

Edited by gundorgan
  • Like 3

Thanks for clearing that up gundorgan. I didn't realise it was an anti-teleport.

• Like 1

Hi all,

First of all thanks to Sumrak for making the awsome Namalsk experience possible on DayZ and always comming out quite quick with updated versions wich are compatible with the new DayZ versions!

Second all those glitches you people are experience on Tarabridge, Lubjanks or Tara Docks, Serjam Armybase or even with spawning over the Ocean has nothing to do with Sumraks latest Namalskversion.

Its caused by the so called Antiteleport implimentation of the latest DayZ version (1.7.6.1) like a simple change of Humanety can let you spawn over the Ocean. Or to be teleported in the Air on diffrent areas are also happening on public Chernarus servers. There are fixes existing for this already on the web and they work great. Simply turn off the Antiteleport-thingy wich isnt working at all and cost only glitches.

Wich ya all a nice day!

Yeah, that anti-teleport measure really is a pain in the ass

EDIT: Clearing up my post and removing immaturity from it

Edited by Shrimpy223

This is still by far my favourite map, I will be sad to see this go.

Much better than Taviana, Lingor etc, even without the survival aspect. The map design is just better.

I don't think it's (Namalsk) died like I said. More likely Sumrak's just really busy trying to fix the shit that's ruined the latest version. Or he's died :(

So now the new DayZ 1.7.7 is out, finaly! And surely now we will need a Namalsk update to have this great map keep going full populated like before. So Sumrak, any Ideas how long it may take??

(Dont wanna stress, but you know how little kids are at Cristmas :D )

Will Namalsk be updated for the latest DayZ (1.7.7) release?