Sumrak

DayZ: Namalsk

why the fuck won't fires warm me up in Namalsk? i've now got sick twice, because apparently sitting ontop of a fucking fire doesn't warm you up..

why the fuck won't fires warm me up in Namalsk? i've now got sick twice, because apparently sitting ontop of a fucking fire doesn't warm you up..

Fires work but just if you are in a place where it's not too cold. You should get down from any mountain when trying to heat up. Also it can take up to 2-3 minutes before you get warm. You should try first-person to see if you are getting warm, as the shakes will stop. The temperature meter is pretty bugged though, don't trust it; even in normal DayZ it's bugged.

Updated today, but still have a few issues.

Third person view, can't see yourself.

Running appears to be somewhat slow.

Joining the server after updating, started as a fresh spawn even though wasn't dead before.

Might be in part an issue with Bliss not being updated, but Ayan is a dick and you can't tell him anything is bugged with Bliss. He has the attitude his shits fine, and he just bans people from posting on github for posting bugs. And once tohers post the same issue, he still thinks it's everyone elses fault.

Might be in part an issue with Bliss not being updated, but Ayan is a dick...

A dick has no eye...

Have you seen somewhere Bliss has been updated to the last Namalsk map server side 0.72 ? No.

Where's the dick ?

Updated today, but still have a few issues.

Third person view, can't see yourself.

Running appears to be somewhat slow.

Joining the server after updating, started as a fresh spawn even though wasn't dead before.

Might be in part an issue with Bliss not being updated, but Ayan is a dick and you can't tell him anything is bugged with Bliss. He has the attitude his shits fine, and he just bans people from posting on github for posting bugs. And once tohers post the same issue, he still thinks it's everyone elses fault.

Whoaaa....Just because you can't read and follow instructions does not mean that you need to get uppity on reasons why he closes out the posts on some issues that have been asked 3 to 4 times already.Bliss is not a cookie cutter program and god forbid you have to WORK for being an admin.. You call him a dick before looking in the mirror and looking that the issue may not be with him but with you. Learn SQL or at least how ARMA 2 works before going over and posting that X is broke and you need to fix it attitude. Hell yeah I would ban you to if you came at me with that attitude too.

Also you main issue is that .72 is not supported as of yet as Jean has pointed out...

IRC is there for you to ask your questions. IRC: irc.thekreml.in #bliss

I´m just wondering if players wouldn´t simply log out when an EVR sequence starts to circumvent it?

I think 6.5k blood loss is a bit high also, especially since they happen every hour or so.

Then there´s the scarcity of deer and food in general, so you´ll have a really hard time to bring up your blood again.

As nice as the recent additions are, this isn´t just playable as singleplayer any more;

without blood transfusions you´re toast in no time :blush:

very good job on the update :beans: ...more time to find or reach a building during the blowout would be fine though :D ...a sirene one minute before the blowout starts would make it more dramatic and would give us at least a small chance to find some shelter...

cheers and thx for creating this

Edited by Private Evans
  • Like 1

Nameless Gaming is running the new version 0.72 on our server.

We're loving the new features and holy crap, the blood sucker is a beast! :D

One thing I haven't noticed too much in original DayZ but see way to often in Namalsk is "delayed death". When two meet and start firing each other - both will die, and with some delay.

It does look that damage is applied too late so that the victim can fire back long enough, to ensure both will die.

Encountered at different servers.

Is there any kind of warning at all before EVR, if you don't have the protection device?

Thanks all!

I´m just wondering if players wouldn´t simply log out when an EVR sequence starts to circumvent it?

I think 6.5k blood loss is a bit high also, especially since they happen every hour or so.

Then there´s the scarcity of deer and food in general, so you´ll have a really hard time to bring up your blood again.

As nice as the recent additions are, this isn´t just playable as singleplayer any more;

without blood transfusions you´re toast in no time :blush:

Yes, that's entirely possible and it is happening. I would welcome some logoff change like waiting 30 secs or something like that :P

It is not I think, Namalsk is small island, there are lots of objects for cover. You obviously can't just run all the time in forests..

very good job on the update :beans: ...more time to find or reach a building during the blowout would be fine though :D ...a sirene one minute before the blowout starts would make it more dramatic and would give us at least a small chance to find some shelter...

cheers and thx for creating this

You can detect blowout in advance using APSI device, if you find it.. I am currently thinking about some small additions randomly few minutes before the actual blowout, so if you will be cautious you could possibly notice blowout incoming in advance.

Nameless Gaming is running the new version 0.72 on our server.

We're loving the new features and holy crap, the blood sucker is a beast! :D

Nice :)

I don't know if I told this, but he somehow can't hold too much shots now, I am going to address this together with spawn mechanic change (probably going to add some random yes / no for spawn).

One thing I haven't noticed too much in original DayZ but see way to often in Namalsk is "delayed death". When two meet and start firing each other - both will die, and with some delay.

It does look that damage is applied too late so that the victim can fire back long enough, to ensure both will die.

Encountered at different servers.

Did you noticed any delays in different situations?

I am not really familiar with the complete DayZ architecture, maybe there are a bit bigger lags involved, because Namalsk could be more performance dependent than Chernarus or other community maps.

Is there any kind of warning at all before EVR, if you don't have the protection device?

No, but as I said ↑ I am thinking about some ways :)

So where can you find the protection device? In barracks, crash sites, bloodsuckers?

So where can you find the protection device? In barracks, crash sites, bloodsuckers?

Yes and on bloodsuckers in case the script of them gets somehow bugged :D

"bloodsuckers and blowouts"

xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

looks like you´re an stalker fan :DDD

now we need controllers, snorks, a strelok skin and pripyat as a dayz map :DDD

looks like you´re an stalker fan :DDD

Namalsk is heavily... "inspired" by STALKER, if you missed it somehow. And most custom assets (buildings, models) are ripped from it.

• Like 1

Namalsk FEELS good, odd how details like snowfall and breath fog affects so much to immersion.

Is there a updated list of weapons available? I once had troubles with one server admin as I picked up a "hacked" weapon (L85 acog + M203 thing attached) without knowing it wasn't a Namalsk gun ("duh, Gauss was the only new one").

Still, this previous might be server setting related issue as http://dayzdb.com/database/l85a2-acog-gl states it IS a Namalsk weapon... Weird.

It would be nice to hear "air-raid alarm/ siren" -kind of sound before the EVR. As I started my new char and I don't even know where I am (not "cheating" by looking for loot maps etc) I'm talking about "omg need shelter asap but where I can find some" experiences - 6,5k bloodloss is such a punch taken out of the blue...

the "air raid siren" idea ( inspired by stalker ) as an automated warning system for the blow outs seems to be popular :) ...for the future I would really like to see some radioactivaly contaminated areas also...

cheers

They obviously do drop them cause Rhinocrunch found a device in a Bloodsucker

btw. What is Mutant Hearth supposed to do?

Edited by TSAndrey

I would really like to see some radioactivaly contaminated areas also...

They exist in Namalsk Crisis btw (single player campaign). I'd love to see these too, and probably some other NC features like the heavy fog.

Edited by KizUrazgubi

Too much separation by the traditional DayZ and the customization is making the things even worse than before. Now ppl cannot figure if a weapon is "hacked" or not, in example i don't like the idea of having different than dayz weapons, and "my" users learned to NOT keep hacked weapons (to not being punished), so now if i disable these "new" weapons but a cheater spawn em, they doesn't know if i enabled em or if they are hacked, and are being punished without being guilty.

Atm it is a complete mess, it was really hard to fight the cheaters before, but now it's almost impossible and i think i'll abandon this map.. it's gone too further IMO.

I am having an issue running this version of the map. I installed the update from my HFB gameserver control panel and started the server. Then updated my client using DayzCommander and was able to join the server.

When I did join I noticed my player was a "fresh" spawn, but I did not previously die. Was a bit strange, but ok, thought it was a minor bug. One my clan mates that joined right after me had the same issue. Strange

Then I ran into a town to gear up and I could not get any loot or zeds to spawn at all. Map seems to be running with the new breath affects and such, but no loot or zombies spawning for anyone. Not sure what to do to correct this issue. Any ideas? Anyone have this working on HFB servers?

Thanks

Ski

Too much separation by the traditional DayZ and the customization is making the things even worse than before. Now ppl cannot figure if a weapon is "hacked" or not, in example i don't like the idea of having different than dayz weapons, and "my" users learned to NOT keep hacked weapons (to not being punished), so now if i disable these "new" weapons but a cheater spawn em, they doesn't know if i enabled em or if they are hacked, and are being punished without being guilty.

Atm it is a complete mess, it was really hard to fight the cheaters before, but now it's almost impossible and i think i'll abandon this map.. it's gone too further IMO.

Why would adding all these new guns make it harder to find hackers? This addition was awesome and only dumbass hackers spawned in guns not on Namalsk beforehand. Any hackers with brains wouldn't spawn in random guns, most spawn AS50's, or your real problem are the mass killers. If you were just looking for guns not in Namalsk before, you would just find a few of the really stupid script kiddies, not the ones who cause real damage. I love all the new guns, they should be in vanilla DayZ to add this great variety of choices in guns. It's much more fun to have all these choices and not always go with a certain gun.

Namalsk FEELS good, odd how details like snowfall and breath fog affects so much to immersion.

Is there a updated list of weapons available? I once had troubles with one server admin as I picked up a "hacked" weapon (L85 acog + M203 thing attached) without knowing it wasn't a Namalsk gun ("duh, Gauss was the only new one").

Still, this previous might be server setting related issue as http://dayzdb.com/da...e/l85a2-acog-gl states it IS a Namalsk weapon... Weird.

It would be nice to hear "air-raid alarm/ siren" -kind of sound before the EVR. As I started my new char and I don't even know where I am (not "cheating" by looking for loot maps etc) I'm talking about "omg need shelter asap but where I can find some" experiences - 6,5k bloodloss is such a punch taken out of the blue...

I can get one together if you want, currently, anyway, as it was for 0.60, publicvariableval.txt for Namalsk is available for 0.72, it basically contains yet still banned weapons/stuff on Namalsk.

the "air raid siren" idea ( inspired by stalker ) as an automated warning system for the blow outs seems to be popular :) ...for the future I would really like to see some radioactivaly contaminated areas also...

cheers

I have something on my mind, it wont be that significant as siren, but still, you will have the way to find out EVR is coming ;)

btw. What is Mutant Hearth supposed to do?

This was probably recorded on some other community version, as the bloodsucker behaviour is really weird there (not updated scripts for mp).

I'd love to see these too, and probably some other NC features like the heavy fog.

I like the fog too, definitely something I would like to see when the fog is already high.

Well, as I said earlier (↑), from the request of the community, I am keeping publicvariableval.txt with all kinds of different stuff, which is banned. So BE can kick them when they have some weird not available stuff.

But I can create the list of all available weapons directly from the loot tables if you want. Thats few mins of work for me.

I am having an issue running this version of the map. I installed the update from my HFB gameserver control panel and started the server. Then updated my client using DayzCommander and was able to join the server.

When I did join I noticed my player was a "fresh" spawn, but I did not previously die. Was a bit strange, but ok, thought it was a minor bug. One my clan mates that joined right after me had the same issue. Strange

Then I ran into a town to gear up and I could not get any loot or zeds to spawn at all. Map seems to be running with the new breath affects and such, but no loot or zombies spawning for anyone. Not sure what to do to correct this issue. Any ideas? Anyone have this working on HFB servers?

Thanks

Ski

Well I guess you can try to contact those guys if everyting is ready on their side? Because bliss package for example still does not have 0.72 support. Everything needed should be downloadable from http://www.nightstalkers.cz/en_index_dn.php?menu=en_dn_server to get the server working properly under 0.72.

I see, so there exists own list of banned weapons - also server related- so it shouldnt be a problem then. Fingers crossed.

Now we only need clothing that protects you from EVR/radiation... How did it work in Stalker, I'm curious now. Was it always "Hiiiide!!!!" reaction? I have wondered if gear affects to characters "stamina", i.e. heavy gear (protection suit :D) tires faster and makes aiming harder.