Sumrak

DayZ: Namalsk

release when you think it's ready.

World would end first before that :D

• Like 1

I just hope you could fix the aiming for warm clothes...

I just hope you could fix the aiming for warm clothes...

It is looking good, so I hope it will be fine :)

• Like 1

The current build (v0.72) just got GO from me. I am going to prepare the release.

Great news!

I by no means meant my previous post to sound like I was not apprecitive of your work. I understand you want everything working prefect before your release and you had issue to work out.

Ski

From my testing and what you guys reported, gauss rifle seems to be pretty rare :D

I've been farming over a week and have not seen one. I've found seven M136's (useless), 6 barretts, a dozen or so lmgs, and enough ACOGs to invade a third world country. Either the spawn is broken on the server I frequent or I'm the unluckiest sum'bitch on the planet.

Hey guys! So, its finally here, new version of DayZ: Namalsk!

Before any download links etc., let me describe this update a bit:

I would like to say first, I'm sorry for the several delays of the release, but I was unfortunately not able to do it quicker because of several time issues and size of the update.

So, what you can find in this update? Lots of things! Lets begin!

> Enhanced atmosphere

Christmas are just knocking on our doors and so winter is coming on Namalsk. This update enhances immersion by adding falling snow, so when the temperature is appropriate, you no longer see rain, but sweet snowfall! But that is not all, I've also added breath fog effect, so you could really feel that cold weather on Namalsk is around you, the breathing fog effect is changing based on what you are doing (if you are running - it is more visible and with faster cycles). As always, temperature script is reflecting the changes in the weather and you will feel the cold when snow starts falling!

Also, from the reports it seems, C130-J Hercules crashed on the western ridge of southern part, be sure to check that area for some goodies!

> Christmas gifts

Lots of goodies under Christmas tree! So lets begin, you can now loot white version of warm clothes and ghillie suit (but you wont know what version you got until you wear it!) - well just like gift should be! We also got new & nice backpack, which takes a place of the coyote backpack, which is now more rare than before and even removed from the standard military loot. But that is not all, loot tables were invaded by LOTS of new weapons - G36 versions, AK-74 versions (including very fun machine gun RPK-74), AK-107 versions, Saiga shotgun, PK, Pecheneg machine guns, even golden AKS or mighty KSVK! All of these weapons are of course carefully splitted into different loot tables based on their efficiency. This change will mix with the loot tables a lot, making every gun more rare than before.

> Gameplay additions & changes

New stuff to see!

First is EVR sequence from Namalsk Crisis story (if you know Blowout from STALKER, this is something pretty similar). EVR sequence is huge discharge generated from A1 device (of, btw. I changed names on the map from AII - A2, so everyone can finally name it properly :P), which was controlled until infection, by NAC, who used it for their own experiments and also as a weapon. I wont be going into details about it, you can play Namalsk Crisis if you really want to know what this is all about :) I will tell you more about the facts around EVR. It is basically a event, which is sometimes around every 45 - 90 minutes generated by server. This event is accompanied by nice visual and sound effects and it is pretty dangerous for the players, who does not care about it. The radiation, which is emitted by A1 discharge is pretty dangerous to the human brain (unfortunately, infected brains does not counts) and it will really hurt (-6500 blood if you ask me) if you don't follow basic rules.

There are probably 3 possible situations how to deal with EVR:

a) Ignore it and be dead or almost dead, consequences: unconsciousness for around 40 secs, bad vision, -6500 blood, big pain (need painkillers)

B) Take a cover in any better building, consequences: unconsciousness for around 40 secs, bad vision, big pain (need painkillers)

c) Be lucky and loot "APSI" (protection device developed by NAC), consequences: none, lots of fun shooting the rest of unconsciousness survivors :D

Some screenshot how it looks during EVR: http://download.nightstalkers.cz/arma2/blowout.jpg

The second is the new type of creature - bloodsucker! There has been lots of speculations about its existence on Namalsk, I have to say now officially that since 0.72 its true! (not hacked!)

Lets start with some pictures - at night: http://download.nightstalkers.cz/dzn/070test3.jpg, at daylight: http://download.nightstalkers.cz/arma2/son6.jpg

So, what this thing does? Why I should be aware of them?

Bloodsucker is mostly cloaked (he has to "decloak" when he wants to attack).

Bloodsucker is very fast and hes not losing the target, so you just have to deal with him somehow

Bloodsucker has really dangerous meele attack, if you will try to engage him like normal infected, you will probably end up lying dead on the ground

Bloodsucker is generating sounds like classic infected in DayZ, so you can expect where he should be +/-

I heard they like helicrash loot and tasty barracks, you may not going there alone, these creatures may require cooperation between more players, someone like speed tank, others carefully shooting

And no, unfortunately they are not hitting infected :( Although I wanted and have that implemented, I was just too much worried you would use that for your own interests :D Because they are not having problems with infected.

I'm really hoping you guys will have some memorable events with bloodsuckers!

Remember, EVR and bloodsuckers can be turned off by server admin, if player base insists.

As always, we've got also plenty of additions and changes to the temeperature script.

The long discussed & controversial helicrash spawning was moved on server! Clients can no longer spawn anything in mi-8 helicrash sites, once server starts, it will spawn there something. This is radical change in distributing helicrash loot = rare higrade weapons.

> The power into hands of the server admins

DayZ: Namalsk v0.72 now gives the server owners ability to configure their Namalsk server! The most important thing is probably changing the loot schemas, this basically means, that without any signed pbo modification they can manage to change loot tables on their own server. (Note: this feature is still in testing phase) The available loot schemas are - without ER7, wihout ER7 + without sniper rifles (well, the probably most discussed / requested topics, but I'm going to add more over time!). So now its up to you now, you have power to change the gameplay if your player base want to! I would recommend you to add info about used loot table schema in the server description. The default one is still with ALL available stuff in DayZ: Namalsk. Changing loot schema is not the only one configuration parameter, server admins can also configure if they want to have new pve creatures bloodsuckers available or if they want to have random EVR sequences to be working.

> I am sure most of you already saw some changelog, but if not, please continue here -> http://www.nightstalkers.cz/en_index_dn.php?menu=en_dn_changes lots of good stuff!

> If just want to play, get it on DayZ Commander (soon), playWithSix (soon) or just download on -> http://www.nightstalkers.cz/en_index_dn.php?menu=en_dn_player

> If you are server owner, go check things out on -> http://www.nightstalkers.cz/en_index_dn.php?menu=en_dn_server

Enjoy :thumbsup:

Sumrak

• Like 14

Very happy to see this released! This will undoubtably tear down on my study time for my last exam! How long does it usually take for the update to arrive to DayZ Commander? My server's admin probably won't switch to 0.72 before it's there because most of the players use it.

OMG... YES!!!!!! YES!!!!! YES!!!!!!

(damnit now I got to clean that up!!!!)

whew!!! glad thats over!! ok now get started on the next update... LOL

great work Sumrak!!!

now to wait for dayzcommander to update!!

awesome work as always Sumr4k !

ill await the arrival to ayan4m1 and update server then :)

I've been farming over a week and have not seen one. I've found seven M136's (useless), 6 barretts, a dozen or so lmgs, and enough ACOGs to invade a third world country. Either the spawn is broken on the server I frequent or I'm the unluckiest sum'bitch on the planet.

If you want the gauss then you need to get into the bunker @ A2. Our guys found 3 down there over the space of a few weeks. You just got to secure it and hold it :D

Awesome work on getting the update finished sumrak. Just need to wait for work to finish and will be updating our server :thumbsup: It's gonna be a good weekend :)

Hello Everyone,

for those server owners that want the simplest solution for getting a Namalsk private server running, I present you my DayZ: Namalsk private server pack: https://github.com/S...er-Lite-Namalsk

this pack follows a complete custom layout + it uses the same DB schema as pwnoz0rs pack (with modifications).

Edited by Stapo
  • Like 1

any idea when the update will be 'on the air' (commander/six)?

wow sumrak, this map is not only a map its a whole new mod and dayz experience.

The dev team should hire you for making namalsk as an addon for the standalone, frrom steam with 10$ price. I will buy it!

Thanks all!

DayZ Commander, Play withSIX should be updated soon, they already got the needed files yesterday, same as Ayan from Bliss, but he said, he needs to resolve something around packages, so I think we will see update in bliss in few days, until then, you can go and update through the main website http://www.nightstalkers.cz/

The dev team should hire you for making namalsk as an addon for the standalone, frrom steam with 10$ price. I will buy it!

Well this has to be always for free since not everything in mod pbo files has been made by me ;)

BTW. Does cars protect from the new effects?

No.

Edit: Josh just confirmed on reddit that DayZ Commander will be updated tonight.

Edited by Sumrak

Hrm, only handful of public namalsk servers using 0.72. And constantly getting kicked from those servers --> "script restriction 40". So this was related to server BE settings or...?

And my in opinion, invisible bloodsuckers are a "bit" too op. Just faced two of them in a railyard....

Edited by Kuikka

Hrm, only handful of public namalsk servers using 0.72. And constantly getting kicked from those servers --> "script restriction 40". So this was related to server BE settings or...?

And my in opinion, invisible bloodsuckers are a "bit" too op. Just faced two of them in a railyard....

Well script restrict shouldn't be a problem since they should use downloadable scripts.txt for BE (available http://www.nightstalkers.cz/en_index_dn.php?menu=en_dn_server), which should cover all the things added with 0.72. It is basically the same file I've used on my test server.

-

Yes, I like that they are op, because just take a look them, if infected characters can cause you serious bleeding, this creature should just rip your body apart, I am however a bit worried about their spawning mechanics, well, we will see, in case of any problems this feature can be disabled by server owner temporarily. And they are not cloaked always, they have to de-cloak when close to their target, you can develop tactics against them, I am sure (they are not good at using ladders I think :D or sometimes they are too fast to run properly in buildings), it is also possible to see them on longer distances, because their eyes are visible, you can also watch / listen to their footsteps or sounds, which are generated on them. Aaand of course you can shoot them when they are cloaked..

If you want the gauss then you need to get into the bunker @ A2. Our guys found 3 down there over the space of a few weeks. You just got to secure it and hold it :D

Awesome work on getting the update finished sumrak. Just need to wait for work to finish and will be updating our server :thumbsup: It's gonna be a good weekend :)

Everything I mentioned is from A2. In the bunker.

Using a custom fn_selfActions.sqf and newest release is not accepting it. Says server has wrong code.

This could be related to the server pbo, do you have correct server pbo? By any chance, original helicrashes present?

mmm.. I know where that monster came from )) Any chance of some special sound for him, to be a little more AFRAID!!! ?

Edited by Mister_AL