Sign in to follow this  
iRue399

Problem with 3rd Party Content on YouTube

Hi there,

I'm part of a growing community that follows the Mod, I have to say it's very impressive and enjoyable; I think it's great that it's being turned into a standalone game. Up until now, several if not hundreds of YouTubers have been playing/uploading and PROMOTING this fantastic piece of development. I'd go so far to say the online community has fueled the game immensely since it's been playable.

There's an ever growing problem though, not from the game itself but from a company called "The Orchard Music." Who I'm assuming provides the SFX for the mod. They've been filing 3rd Party complaints against YouTubers who have been uploading content, which in itself is understandable considering they probably own the rights to the content, but it doesn't make sense... Where does it make sense to ridicule those that support the game, and help promote the game to an extent where it's possible to compare it to other large games, that have been born from the online world?

What I ask is for a slight explanation, or even a solution to this problem. Will we get strikes if we mute the audio on our videos? Are you able to discuss this matter with The Orchard Music, so that this doesn't continue? Like I said before, I understand that if it's their content they're well within their rights to complain. It just doesn't make sense, and I feel it needs to be addressed.

If you could respond to this, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for your time,

- Rue Welch // YouTuber - http://www.youtube.com/iRue399

Never heard of this company and Rocket has said himself that he would never be in the position he is in without the help of people promoting his game all over the internet. It would seem strange he, or anyone working on the game would want to stop promotion because basically, it's just free advertising.