Sign in to follow this  
Jacob Fenton

Camouflage Tarpaulin (cover) to go over vehicles.

This suggestion mainly erupted from issues I have from gameplay with my squad and solo gameplay.

Situation: I find a lovely offroad pick-up truck, of which is WHITE. I want to hide it and keep it for myself. I begin to drive, collecting weapons and items and then come upon the perfect spot to hide it. My only problem is...it's white. Now...green surroundings (foliage et cetera) and this truck is white. And survivor who isn't a fool would notice it.

Solution: Create a camouflage tarpaulin that will cover the car/truck (Ural for example), and even if you feel adventurous...a UH-1H. However, for a bus, I believe that would be highly improbable that someone would apply this tarpaulin to it, although, I could be wrong.

Features: The tarpaulin would be visible held down by pegs and rope, similar, maybe exactly like, the tents at locations such a Balota and, or Berezino. Also, the wheels, or at least half the wheel would be visible due to the tarpaulin not exactly covering it like a silk sheet, for an example.

Usage: These tarpaulins are able to be taken down and put back up, using the same item. This allows the aspect of realism even more in the game as theoretically, the tarpaulin wouldn't just disappear once taken down.

Please discuss. I wouldn't take my time to suggest this if I didn't think it was a good idea.

• Like 3

Sorry. Didn't mean to upload twice. A little internet problem was behind it. :D

[np's , have sorted it now. Forums have been laggy lately anyway - 4L4N]

Edited by 4L4N

Yes I don't think there is a clan out there who wouldnt want this, it has been suggested before for some of the reasons you have stated. Let's hope the SA includes this, that way I will have to look harder in order to spoil your day.

Edited by Michaelvoodoo25

My god, I feel like every day this thread is reposted at least twice.

How so? I haven't seen this post before. I accidently posted my one today, twice, due to internet problems.

Edit: Oh...it's been sorted out. But still. I haven't seen this sort of thread before.

Edited by Jacob Fenton

@Jacob Fenton - Just because you haven't "seen" it doesn't mean you looked for it, right?

No flaming intended!

I clicked one of your tags, "camo" and this immediately came up: http://dayzmod.com/f...s-for-vehicles/. You didn't even bother to search the tag that you made.

Edited by thebirdolux

@Jacob Fenton - Just because you haven't "seen" it doesn't mean you looked for it, right?

Nope. My brain function classes 'looking' as..."I can't see it on the front page, must of not been put." :P

Nope. My brain function classes 'looking' as..."I can't see it on the front page, must of not been put." :P

Threads are tagged so people can find threads easily in a search. You tagged your thread with the word "camo". When I click "camo" I find seven threads with this same topic. So why tag? :facepalm:

Good idea, maybe if you have the Tarpaulin in your inventory and you look at the vehicle it could say "Apply Camo Tarpaulin" or something similar. Another cool suggestion would be to spray paint your car.

This has been brought up before, and i still think this is one of the best ideas out there. Lets hope we see something like this in the SA.

Threads are tagged so people can find threads easily in a search. You tagged your thread with the word "camo". When I click "camo" I find seven threads with this same topic. So why tag? :facepalm:

Look. It isn't a big deal, okay. It's done now, what's done is done. You're making a bigger deal out of it, than it needs to be.

Also, thanks for the feed-back. Hopefully, with the help from other suggestion threads, this will get considered at the very least.