mattlightfoot

New Standalone Screenshots released

Any chance of getting pictures on the highest quality instead of medium? It's what I'll be playing at, and I want to see the game as beautiful as it could be.

I love the pics, however the interias are to..um...can't fondle the word..they don't look like they were hastily left enough.

Rocket's addressed this specifically. He wants to start with a clean setting, then once that's ready, start to dirty it up.

That makes sense, as it would be easier to imagine how a place will degrade when you can see it as it was clean

• Like 2

I hope you can shoot through those windows. Imagine being in the house and engage in combat with someone on the outside. Never seen it happen in the Day-z mod. So this would be a welcome feature.

I must have killed 20 players from shooting out windows in calamar

Rocket's addressed this specifically. He wants to start with a clean setting, then once that's ready, start to dirty it up.

That makes sense, as it would be easier to imagine how a place will degrade when you can see it as it was clean

Excellent, you guys really have thought of it all.

How about doors, are they gonna creak when they open?

Keep up the good work

:lol::lol:

I am so dissapointed in almost every way possible. A lot of my friends and I, were really looking forward to the standalone,

and our hopes were set up for a big graphical improvement. We're around 15 - 18 people, who have been playing DayZ for at long time, including the other mods based on the DayZ mod (Lingor etc.).

When we read that, the DayZ game engine is going to be an Arma 2.5 engine (So called DayZ 2.5), we lost all our hope for an awesome, game we had our hopes up for more! And watching theese screenshots makes us even more dissapointed, even tho. this is early deveopment phase, we know it get better visually than this, this the ugly buggy shit as before, sorry but I'm so dissapointed and angry!

Our groupe achully have decided to go with WarZ because of this major flaw in choice of engine.

I don't even know what to say anymore, this is just a big fail.

OP is so right, how can no one see it. Haven't you had any expectations? I expected a quality game based on Arma 3 engine. DARN it! Can't really say fuck you, because we have had a greate time playing DayZ mod, but we really wanna say it anyway! Fuck you :'(

BAD Choice is a bad choice! :(

Chernarus is based on a real location in the Czech Republic and Bohemia Interactive, the creators of Arma, are from czech origin as well. They are re-creating their home so to say.

It's nice to see you can confirm the authenticity :)

Really? Strange, because the ArmA 2 trailer says something else (the map shows something near the Caspic Sea).

I am so dissapointed in almost every way possible. A lot of my friends and I, were really looking forward to the standalone,

and our hopes were set up for a big graphical improvement. We're around 15 - 18 people, who have been playing DayZ for at long time, including the other mods based on the DayZ mod (Lingor etc.).

When we read that, the DayZ game engine is going to be an Arma 2.5 engine (So called DayZ 2.5), we lost all our hope for an awesome, game we had our hopes up for more! And watching theese screenshots makes us even more dissapointed, even tho. this is early deveopment phase, we know it get better visually than this, this the ugly buggy shit as before, sorry but I'm so dissapointed and angry!

Our groupe achully have decided to go with WarZ because of this major flaw in choice of engine.

I don't even know what to say anymore, this is just a big fail.

OP is so right, how can no one see it. Haven't you had any expectations? I expected a quality game based on Arma 3 engine. DARN it! Can't really say fuck you, because we have had a greate time playing DayZ mod, but we really wanna say it anyway! Fuck you :'(

BAD Choice is a bad choice! :(

Apparently you haven't read the reviews of War Z.....have fun!!!!

When we read that, the DayZ game engine is going to be an Arma 2.5 engine (So called DayZ 2.5), we lost all our hope for an awesome, game we had our hopes up for more! And watching theese screenshots makes us even more dissapointed, even tho. this is early deveopment phase, we know it get better visually than this, this the ugly buggy shit as before, sorry but I'm so dissapointed and angry!........

You know that Arma 3 might not come to alpha for another half year or at least it won't be bugless for some time after the release. It might be that we don't see 1.0 version until the next summer and then rocket and his team could maybe start to develop DayZ on it. That's why they are using "2.5 engine" to keep you bloodsucking customers happy.

Apparently you haven't read the reviews of War Z.....have fun!!!!

It's that bad, but I already stopped playing.... Yah the reviews were right lol

You know that Arma 3 might not come to alpha for another half year or at least it won't be bugless for some time after the release. It might be that we don't see 1.0 version until the next summer and then rocket and his team could maybe start to develop DayZ on it. That's why they are using "2.5 engine" to keep you bloodsucking customers happy.

I was too fast out whining about nothing, my apology to Rocket and his team...

• Like 1

not impressed rly but Dayz has never been about the graphics cause in truth they are horrible compared to pretty much every other game out there

have to say i did expect slightly better than this but its still early days i guess so finger crossed but ofc its more important they adress the horrible gamebreaking flaws that plagued regular dayz and caused so many people to just stop playing it

dayz/arma2 is one of the very very few games that provides a gameworld that looks and feels realistic and this is what it makes outstanding (beside many other things of course).....not HollywoodCrisisBattlefieldCoDSkyrim style ( the real world does not look like this boys !!!)...everybody who has ever been to eastern europe can confirm that dayz/arma2 looks and feels completely real...even without all the improvments ( new weather system etc) the team is working on atm...beside this, NO open world game of this seize can run crisis graphic settings, the result would be framerates between 1 and 5...especially with having all interiors integrated in the same worldspace...no other game has ever provided this ( so manyinteriors) before dayz standalone btw....last but not least ..for all the *censored* complaing about the outdated game engine...go and buy Black Ops 2..its is based on an engine that is now nearly 10 years old...same goes for Skyrim and Fallout Las Vegas..they are also based on the engine (only modified and renamed) that was used for Morrowind back in 2003......

Edited by Private Evans
  • Like 2

I dont knwo why everyone complains about the graphics.I really like them.What are you guys expecting?I played Battlefield 3 on high and this game doesnt look much worse than this in my opinion.

A good game wont need good graphics, cough cs1.6/source (1.6 lasted longer though)

I like the new post explaining how client/server interactions are going to work!! If it works like you, Rocket, say it will by Gump I'll buy a copy faster than you can say "poop." No more hacker worries, or script kiddies spawning weapons and vehicles (or so the post seems to read).

A good game wont need good graphics, cough cs1.6/source (1.6 lasted longer though)

very good point... plus the fact arma2/dayz graphics isn't bad and will even be improved for the standalone...again....graphic beasts like Battlefield and Crisis are providing awsome effects but are far away from looking realistic...indeed their look is artificial and not natural...

Hey guys,

I was wondering if the standalone Dayz will be only available on steam or if it will be available on other sites or the official dayz site?

no no no no no.

Don't animate Necro threads. Who do you think you are Herbert West?

As to your question. We don't know yet AFAIK.

Rgds

LoK

PS now Matt is gonna kick my bottom for locking a thread of his...PAH!

Edited by orlok