dethorhyne

[Release] DayZ Config Tweak tool

Hello everyone! After a lot of hard work I'm proud to present the DayZ Config Tweak Tool. It's a small and simple tool programmed in C# WPF technology.

JuUuSws.png

It's a tool aimed at every DayZ player to enhance his/her's experience with configuration tweaking allowing the user to change settings in a more friendly environment compared to standard text editing in the configuration files.

Some of the features featured here can be changed in-game and are identical, however some have advanced values that are not in-game and can only be tweaked manually or via DayZ Tweak Tool I'm presenting you.

Application Looks featuring multiple color themes available:

4fZGPlt.png

CutTH07.png

Download link to the latest 1.6.0 version of the Tool:

Documentation: This is important guys. It has everything you need to know about the application, what you need to run it in the first place, how to use it and what it even does. Read at least the table of content to see what's in here.

Here's the actual list of what the config contains that can be edited compared to it's in-game equivalent; if any.
yNHhKx4.png

Most noticable difference is way more detailed object quality setting and view distance which will help A LOT to people trying to squeze out few more frames out of the game

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to drop questions. Make sure to report any issues you encounter. A log will be created that you will be able to mail to me. My E-mail is mentioned both in documentation and error message.
Cheers!

Here are the poll results:
Out of 39 votes:
31 say that It's great and they're sure it'll come in handy.
4 say It's good for what it'll do.
4 say they won't even bother with the tool since they can google and would prefer to do everything manually.

Received feedback:
>Wow good work dude!
>Great Job on this tool, this should help out a lot of people who have a hard time on their performance.
>I really enjoy this! Helped me with my frames. 10/10 Helpful.
>Nice work there bud. Lots of easy to get tweaks and a clean interface. Thumbs up.
>Great work right here! It could be good for those who do not know how to edit the config files.
>Ohh my god.... This thing... Skips 25mins of manual work.... #loveit
> Awesome! Glad to hear this, I love the tool a lot man, some great work! Looking forward to the future version!

F.A.Q based on questions asked in the thread:

Is this a virus?
No. It is not.

Other than that, does it offer any options that are not in the in game settings?
Yes, it does.

Could this be mistaken by BattlEye as some kind of "hack"?
No. This tool does not link to the DayZ.exe in any way. It simply loads/saves configuration files which is a perfectly legitimate way to try to gain some framerate in-game. It simply gives the user a better visual environment then reading through a .cfg file.

Is this confirmed to be safe?
Yes. You will not be banned nor will you lose your configuration file. It works in a safe manner. It also doesn't matter if you leave the application running in the background because as answer above says, it doesn't do anything to the executable, however settings cannot be changed once the game's running.
Edited by dethorhyne
  • Like 19

You have 2 posts, but you spent all the time to make a tool for a community you don't participate in?

• Like 1

You have 2 posts, but you spent all the time to make a tool for a community you don't participate in?

Just because I'm not active on the forums does not mean I'm not a part of the community.. I'm more active on DayZRP and I play the game almost daily; eventually posting feedback.

And as far as my logic goes, it does make sense to release a DAYZ related tool on a DAYZ related forum.

Thus I ask; why is your mind being so little to indicate that post count here matters when what I'm presenting you will benefit everyone, including yourself?

• Like 1

Just because I'm not active on the forums does not mean I'm not a part of the community.. I'm more active on DayZRP and I play the game almost daily; eventually posting feedback.

And as far as my logic goes, it does make sense to release a DAYZ related tool on a DAYZ related forum.

Thus I ask; why is your mind being so little to indicate that post count here matters when what I'm presenting you will benefit everyone, including yourself?

Easy there, partner.  I just asked a simple question.  

There have been malicious apps "released" before, and its never been from someone with lots of participation history.  Who knows what you may or may not have put in that .exe of yours; I think its fair to ask a clarifying question, no?

• Like 5

Easy there, partner.  I just asked a simple question.  

There have been malicious apps "released" before, and its never been from someone with lots of participation history.  Who knows what you may or may not have put in that .exe of yours; I think its fair to ask a clarifying question, no?

I'm going easy and I'm calm, I just countered your question with one of my own.

It's true that there's a lot of such application, I can not say there aren't which clearly justifies your precatioun, but do you seriously believe someone would go through 27 pages of complex documentation and over 2k lines code just to pull of some virus scam; I highly doubt that. Besides, I wouldn't pull out my dayzrp reputation along with my dayz forums one.

As it says in documentation as well, only thing that the application uses internet for is sending Player name for statistics once I make a website. Apart from that only version check and new version download require internet connection, which is kind of obvious.

I haven't included a virus scan, but here it is: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/f04ecb491ed63032685bc21f688b83326277604eb6bd00f7677fd8d1802180c7/analysis/1441305127/

Regardless, my goal is to help people to get better dayz experience.. until 2 weeks ago I played DayZ on GT240 graphics card, it ran horribly and a lot of people are unable to fix stuff manually.

here's my video from few weeks ago before I made the application regarding fps boost:

• Like 1

I'm going easy and I'm calm, I just countered your question with one of my own.

It's true that there's a lot of such application, I can not say there aren't which clearly justifies your precatioun, but do you seriously believe someone would go through 27 pages of complex documentation and over 2k lines code just to pull of some virus scam; I highly doubt that. Besides, I wouldn't pull out my dayzrp reputation along with my dayz forums one.

As it says in documentation as well, only thing that the application uses internet for is sending Player name for statistics once I make a website. Apart from that only version check and new version download require internet connection, which is kind of obvious.

I haven't included a virus scan, but here it is: https://www.virustotal.com/en/file/f04ecb491ed63032685bc21f688b83326277604eb6bd00f7677fd8d1802180c7/analysis/1441305127/

Regardless, my goal is to help people to get better dayz experience.. until 2 weeks ago I played DayZ on GT240 graphics card, it ran horribly and a lot of people are unable to fix stuff manually.

here's my video from few weeks ago before I made the application regarding fps boost:

source or GTFO! lol i kid i kid

Edited by B@ker
  • Like 1

hacked!  -----------?

:U sound like a drug dealer a lil bit--[ the words of Dolly Parton  " NIce Tool"

do you seriously believe someone would go through 27 pages of complex documentation and over 2k lines code just to pull of some virus scam; I highly doubt that. Besides, I wouldn't pull out my dayzrp reputation along with my dayz forums one.

& i thought that's how it worked bro+_+--    #get it certified or pinned

Edited by KandyCid

:U sound like a drug dealer a lil bit--[ the words of Dolly Parton  " NIce Tool"

20 yo, finished 1 year of Computer engineering, now switching to IT Technologies. I have experience with databases and programming in multiple languages through self-studying and work experience. Will get employed as a server database technitian at Erste bank.

I don't do drugs, nor do I commend them. They're bad for both physical and mental health.

& i thought that's how it worked bro+_+--    #get it certified or pinned

How?

hacked!  -----------?

huh?

P.S. There's a "MultiQuote" for a reason there mate.

Guys guys come on , you don't have to attack him if you aren't even going to try and see what it's all about or if it's malicious ! Try it , then belittle if need be after you have actually seen if it works !

• Like 7

Guys guys come on , you don't have to attack him if you aren't even going to try and see what it's all about or if it's malicious ! Try it , then belittle if need be after you have actually seen if it works !

Thank you!

• Like 2

10/10. Will use again. Thanks OP. Does it do anything you couldn't do yourself? No. Does it make it easier? Hell yes!

Mods need to pin this. 

Edited by ColdAtrophy
  • Like 2

10/10. Will use again. Thanks OP. Does it do anything you couldn't do yourself? No. Does it make it easier? Hell yes!

Mods need to pin this. 

That's the goal. Making things simple and user friendly. It won't do wonders, but in a nimble hands it gets the job done.. and once new tweak guides come up what do you think what will be easier to read, a custom cfg that you'll manually insert in 2 files, or a screenshot that you'll have to replicate? :)

• Like 3

That's the goal. Making things simple and user friendly. It won't do wonders, but in a nimble hands it gets the job done.. and once new tweak guides come up what do you think what will be easier to read, a custom cfg that you'll manually insert in 2 files, or a screenshot that you'll have to replicate? :)

Bingo. I admire your work. This should help new players get the most out of their systems with the least fuss. Beans!  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:

Bingo. I admire your work. This should help new players get the most out of their systems with the least fuss. Beans!  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:

Yeah. mostly due to some tweaks that aren't in-game.. decreasing shading to lower values and scene complexity (200,000 is game' s "very low") to 50k or even lower will indeed make the game look a bit ugly, but I'd rather play an ugly game on 60 fps than a pretty one on 5. I played the game on GT240 until 2 weeks ago, and that says something.

• Like 3

Doesnt work, crashes on my gaming PC, dont have email on it to send log so here's a C&P

Win10 pro x64

System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: The invocation of the constructor on type 'DayZ_Config_Tweak_tool.MainWindow' that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception. ---> System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at DayZ_Config_Tweak_tool.MainWindow.InitializeButtons()
   at DayZ_Config_Tweak_tool.MainWindow..ctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.RewrapException(Exception e, IXamlLineInfo lineInfo, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.Load(XamlReader xamlReader, IXamlObjectWriterFactory writerFactory, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlObjectWriterSettings settings, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.WpfXamlLoader.LoadBaml(XamlReader xamlReader, Boolean skipJournaledProperties, Object rootObject, XamlAccessLevel accessLevel, Uri baseUri)
   at System.Windows.Markup.XamlReader.LoadBaml(Stream stream, ParserContext parserContext, Object parent, Boolean closeStream)
   at System.Windows.Application.LoadBamlStreamWithSyncInfo(Stream stream, ParserContext pc)
   at System.Windows.Application.DoStartup()
   at System.Windows.Application.<_ctor>b__0(Object unused)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.InvokeImpl()
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state, Boolean preserveSyncCtx)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Windows.Threading.DispatcherOperation.Invoke()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.ProcessQueue()
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.WndProcHook(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.LegacyInvokeImpl(DispatcherPriority priority, TimeSpan timeout, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
   at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.SubclassWndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam)
   at MS.Win32.UnsafeNativeMethods.DispatchMessage(MSG& msg)
   at System.Windows.Threading.Dispatcher.PushFrameImpl(DispatcherFrame frame)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunDispatcher(Object ignore)
   at System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)
   at DayZ_Config_Tweak_tool.App.Main()

Edited by alferret

unbelievable how helpful this has been for me i have a low end pc , and a GTX650 card , ive always struggled beyond 20fps ...now i can reach 55-75 !!!

• Like 3

System.Windows.Application.RunInternal(Window window)

at DayZ_Config_Tweak_tool.App.Main()

Please...please put edit a spoiler in that so that the mods won't have too.

Anyways, good job OP.

• Like 1

Doesnt work, crashes on my gaming PC, dont have email on it to send log so here's a C&P

Win10 pro x64

System.Windows.Markup.XamlParseException: The invocation of the constructor on type 'DayZ_Config_Tweak_tool.MainWindow' that matches the specified binding constraints threw an exception. ---> System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.

at DayZ_Config_Tweak_tool.MainWindow.InitializeButtons()

at DayZ_Config_Tweak_tool.MainWindow..ctor()

Through some advanced debugging methods (trying a shit-ton of combination to see if I'll hopefully get the sam error) I concluded that you get this error because you most likely do not have some of the settings in your cfg folder at all or some letters are not properly capitalized. Fixing this might take a few hours of trial and error. I'll notify you once a new stable version is out.

• Like 1

Win10 pro x64

Version 1.2.0 Is available to download here: http://1drv.ms/1JTVevH or on first post of this thread. The application should now work for you properly.

Edited by dethorhyne
  • Like 1

Version 1.3.0 is now out. First posts were edited. You may also download this version via application itself. just go to settings and press "Download new version."

Version 1.3.0 features:

>Custom made dialog controllers

>Improved user experience with certain warnings

>About page

>Download improvements

>Saving improvements

>Statistics improvements

>Code optimization

>Some other minor tweaks

Overall, this is a good update and will fix some issues I've noticed some have.

Download:

• Like 2

DayZ Config Tweak Tool

This shit needs to be pinned.

Edited by B@ker
  • Like 1